HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Great season. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1196505)

lundy 05-25-2012 09:52 PM

Great season.

Losing in the ECF sucks, and to the Devils, it obviously sucked. But what a season for the Rangers. Proud of them. This team is going to be back in this position for years to come.

Also, I obviously hate the Devils and hope the Kings rock them, but congrats to them on a great series. Really good team.

WPGNYRFan 05-25-2012 09:53 PM

It was. Now I have to be a serious LA fan, devils fans can go **** themselves. Hope they get swept.

ChrisKreider20 05-25-2012 09:54 PM

Thank you for a great season!

I have to applaud the NYR this season. Yes, there were times of frustration, but they were an absolute pleasure to watch. We still have so many young players, and with a few pieces we can definitely win a Stanley Cup.

Additionally, hopefully the Devils get eliminated next round! Let's Go LA!

Finally, now that we're looking to next season, what would you like to see done as far as personnel is concerned. I still think we should take a run at Parise, however, I find it unrealistic that we'll poach their captain if they win a cup.

WhiskeyDeke 05-25-2012 09:54 PM

Gaborik has no ****ing heart. Still proud of the team as a whole, they played the right way for the most part.

Kreider Typical 05-25-2012 09:55 PM

JUSTIN SCHULTZ! inc

haveandare 05-25-2012 09:55 PM

Obviously sucks to lose, but on the plus side, we got a taste of what Kreider is capable of and McDonagh went from being pretty solid d man to one of the best over the course of this season. You never know what will happen in the playoffs, but NYR should be set to make the dance for quite a while.

Kreider Typical 05-25-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Wolf (Post 50158527)
Gaborik has no ****ing heart.

too much heart. holds him back. afraid to screw up.

kreider didn't play enough this game. torts is a jackass. fire his ass already. admitted that he does not have a structure for offense and does not change things when they're not working. only reason we lost. he might coach fine d, but if he's too pig headed to hire an assistant coach for O then we have a problem

Ih8theislanders 05-25-2012 09:56 PM

Born in 95, this is without a doubt the best season I've ever experienced. Hate to see it end at all, especially to the Devils, but I'm really proud of the system.

bumrusherer 05-25-2012 09:56 PM

100%

A lot of us younger guys experienced this kind of run for the first time and it was a blast. All year long.

Dactyl 05-25-2012 09:57 PM

typical rangers we always lose

Barbara Underhill 05-25-2012 09:57 PM

Just sucks it had to be the Devils, can't be upset with the team tonight they clawed back and played well. No whistle of course, looking at it again it would have been borderline anyway but that's just how it went for us this season. Other teams always got a quick whistle.

RangersDif 05-25-2012 09:57 PM

Best season ever! For me that is...

bouds 05-25-2012 09:59 PM

Sad for all you young guys.

Battled back again tonight. Hopefully they'll play as well next year. LGR!

pld459666 05-25-2012 09:59 PM

So disappointed right now, yet I am also very excited.

The future for the Rangers is very bright.

Down 3-0 in game 5, tied it.

Down 2-0 tonight, tied it and carried the play.

This playoffs showed me that we need NEED a scoring winger with size.

the lack of finishing ability was a problem all season and it reared it's ugly head tonight.

Swedish Fish 05-25-2012 09:59 PM

Very proud of this team, just need more scoring. Also GO KINGS GO.

Maineice11 05-25-2012 10:00 PM

the rangers had a GREAT season, best since 93-94 in my opinion, i think stats wise...one thing rangers need to work on is their killer instinct...add a bit more talent up front...i think erixon will be ready, im not sure if mcilrath will be ready or not, if both of them are, stralman/scott/woywitka are gone, and bickel is 7th dman, unless of course and i hope this happens, sauer is okay and can play next season

Dantes19 05-25-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lundy (Post 50158219)
Losing in the ECF sucks, and to the Devils, it obviously sucked. But what a season for the Rangers. Proud of them. This team is going to be back in this position for years to come.

Also, I obviously hate the Devils and hope the Kings rock them, but congrats to them on a great series. Really good team.

I agree with everything you said.

For the Rangers fans who remember what it was like in the '98-'04 years, getting to watch the team make it this far in the playoffs is a pleasure in and of itself. The series loss is obviously disappointing, but I thought it was very good season overall. This team, especially compared to some Ranger teams in the past, was truly enjoyable to watch. Also, you have to give the Devils credit; they're a great team and were a bit better when they really needed to be.

Hopefully the Rangers can build on this progress next year and take it to the next level.

Maineice11 05-25-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Fish (Post 50159231)
Very proud of this team, just need more scoring. Also GO KINGS GO.

i second all of that!!!...i wonder if they lose to la if brodeur retires...i think if they beat la then he will def retire

Tony D63 05-25-2012 10:00 PM

Best season I've ever seen. We just needed offense to bring it to the next level.

Proud of these players, what is best is where even younger. Going to be alot better.

charlie460 05-25-2012 10:00 PM

So, so disappointed but proud. That's all I can say. I sat pretty much speechless for a few minutes after that loss. Ugh.

blue2noise 05-25-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 50159155)

This playoffs showed me that we need NEED a scoring winger with size.

the lack of finishing ability was a problem all season and it reared it's ugly head tonight.

Agreed. If they can pull a Gabby for Nash somehow, there's your upgrade.

Muh 05-25-2012 10:01 PM

It hurts man, it hurts.

There were plenty of good things to look back on, but its tough right now.

Hank may have struggled these past few games, not so much this game, but he is our rock. We owe it all to Hank.

After Hank, Girardi was our MVP of the season. No questions about it.

BrooklynRangersFan 05-25-2012 10:01 PM

It was a good run, boys - on to next year.

Let us not forget that this is a very young team on the ascendancy. Most Cup champions lose the year before in the second or third round.

Going into the season the final four was the absolute best finish that I expected and to have been favored going in was quite unexpected. The finish was a disappointment, true, but we should appreciate the run - and in the long run I like where we're headed.

Now go get some damn offense in the offseason! Like I said in the Schultz thread - Dubi, MDZ and Thomas for Ryan and Schultz is my first suggestion for an offseason move.

Others...?

Dantes19 05-25-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maineice11 (Post 50159243)
the rangers had a GREAT season, best since 93-94 in my opinion

Definitely true. Certainly better than '96-'97, which IMO is the only other comparable season since '94. I hope that this season will be a stepping stone to further progress next year.

White Plains Batman 05-25-2012 10:02 PM

The bright side is that every young team goes through something like this before becoming great. Rangers did it to the Islanders in 1979, Oilers took a few years to get there, Montreal lost in the ECF to the Islanders, I could go on forever.

Add some guys with more skill to the bottom six, hopefully one of the young DMen (Erixon and McLIrath is ready) and get back at it.