HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Zuccarello to Magnitogorsk (KHL) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1196799)

vorky 05-26-2012 08:09 AM

Zuccarello to Magnitogorsk (KHL)

F Zuccarello signed 2y deal with Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL).
http://www.metallurg.ru/site/news/read/72990/

archangel archangel 05-26-2012 08:39 AM

may I make a suggestion. I follow several teams and I had to ask myself who this is

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=117131

he is a ny ranger who played only ten games in the nhl this year and was injured for the playoffs

lundy 05-26-2012 08:41 AM

Good luck to Mats. Always liked him, never really got a fair shake in NY in my opinion. Others will say he clearly wasn't good enough for the top lines, and was too small and not physical enough for the 3rd and 4th lines. Thought he'd be good for a lower seeded team on their top two lines and top power-play. If he went to a team like the Isles (sorry Isles fans), he could have had a very Parenteau-like season in my opinion. Guess he had it with NY though.

StrongIslanders90 05-26-2012 08:50 AM

that was quick.....if we lose PAP we should of signed Zuk....haha probably a 70 pt player on the Isles....

Vitto79 05-26-2012 09:07 AM

Bummer but he took the money instead of trying to make the NHL again. Do the rangers retain his rights as a rfa?

Qward 05-26-2012 09:08 AM

He is still an RFA, the Rangers can qualify him and retain his rights. Similar to Ottawa and Filatov.

Cuddles 05-26-2012 09:12 AM

His agent says he haven't signed anything http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10070817

Bargaining chip for 1 way contract maybe?

VladNYC 05-26-2012 09:33 AM

Great signing. He is a good type of player for the big ice. :handclap:

vorky 05-26-2012 09:39 AM

unbelieveble that almost everybody on HFB believes this unknown agent. But ok, your choice. Some native russian speaker can translate clubs website

babyshamble 05-26-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 50175945)
unbelieveble that almost everybody on HFB believes this unknown agent. But ok, your choice. Some native russian speaker can translate clubs website

Well I just talked to people close to Mats and they also said it was BS, nothing is signed and nothing will be signed untill at least after the end of the season talks with the Rangers.

And his agent should know, as he is the representative of the player in Europe.

ult 05-26-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyshamble (Post 50176665)
Well I just talked to people close to Mats and they also said it was BS, nothing is signed and nothing will be signed untill at least after the end of the season talks with the Rangers.

And his agent should know, as he is the representative of the player in Europe.

It only means that the signing went fast and this close people are unaware of it. It's official Metallurg website, they won't publish anything until they get the players signature.

vorky 05-26-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ult (Post 50176741)
It only means that the signing went fast and this close people are unaware of it. It's official Metallurg website, they won't publish anything until they get the players signature.

I fully support your statement. Of course, I did not speak to player not Mg officials but I have experience with KHL clubs websites. I dont remember information on club´s website which would be false (about players contracts). Even Salavat Yulaev Ufa published info about re-signing Blatak a few days after info was in media. IMO clubs dont publish BS info about contracts

ult 05-26-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 50176849)
Of course, I did not speak to player not Mg officials but I have experience with KHL clubs websites. I dont remember information on club´s website which would be false (about players contracts).

Me neither.

Cuddles 05-26-2012 11:05 AM

Zuccarello spoke with a norwegian hockeysite and said he haven't signed anything so I guess that seals it and title should be changed. He also tweeted Thanks 4 great support this season #whale fans and #NYR fans u r the best. I hope to see u next year in New York.

Modo 05-26-2012 11:07 AM

Changed heading to "rumor".

Jussi 05-26-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 50176849)
I fully support your statement. Of course, I did not speak to player not Mg officials but I have experience with KHL clubs websites. I dont remember information on club´s website which would be false (about players contracts). Even Salavat Yulaev Ufa published info about re-signing Blatak a few days after info was in media. IMO clubs dont publish BS info about contracts

I actually recall something like that happening with a Finnish player, I think it was last year.

Jussi 05-26-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuddles (Post 50178363)
Zuccarello spoke with a norwegian hockeysite and said he haven't signed anything so I guess that seals it and title should be changed. He also tweeted Thanks 4 great support this season #whale fans and #NYR fans u r the best. I hope to see u next year in New York.

Well he obviously signed the contract so fast he didn't realize what happened.

AE 05-26-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuddles (Post 50178363)

Damn you're fast, took you 9 minutes from the article was posted to your post here.
:handclap:

Ched Brosky 05-26-2012 11:36 AM

he probably signed it but has an out clause incase an nhl team offers him a contract. him and his agent probably didnt want this info out as it may hurt his chances to sign a nhl contract so they are denying it

Jussi 05-26-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback91 (Post 50179559)
he probably signed it but has an out clause incase an nhl team offers him a contract. him and his agent probably didnt want this info out as it may hurt his chances to sign a nhl contract so they are denying it

I was just about to post the same. I think some Finn had a similar contract but he apparently had only a verbal agreement with the KHL club, hadn't even signed any pre-contract.

IslesNorway 05-26-2012 12:19 PM

Zucca has confirmed there has been an offer from Russia but that he hasn't made up his mind yet and as of now that's how it stands. I've no idea why a Russian club would post his signing before it's happened but that's the way it is sometimes.

Kershaw 05-26-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesNorway (Post 50181045)
Zucca has confirmed there has been an offer from Russia but that he hasn't made up his mind yet and as of now that's how it stands. I've no idea why a Russian club would post his signing before it's happened but that's the way it is sometimes.

OT, but I think he would be a great replacement for PA Parenteau with the Islanders. He is very talented.

ult 05-26-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesNorway (Post 50181045)

He can't say anything else till July the 1st. ;)

IslesNorway 05-26-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ult (Post 50181939)
He can't say anything else till July the 1st. ;)

He can if he had actually signed. His contract with the Rags are up and if he decided not to stay at any cost then he could very well say so.

IslesNorway 05-26-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 50181087)
OT, but I think he would be a great replacement for PA Parenteau with the Islanders. He is very talented.

Yes but he is also very small. If he'd been a couple of inches taller and the Isles had had some bigger guys in their lineup then I think he'd be a good fit too.