HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   With the Rangers out, is anyone still looking forward to the Finals? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1196935)

Stanley Foobrick 05-26-2012 12:52 PM

With the Rangers out, is anyone still looking forward to the Finals?

Is your hatred for Jersey so exaggerated that you are all in with LA?

For me personally I really don't care who wins now. I will watch, but only if I don't have anything else to do. My visiting this board is going to be greatly limited as I can't see discussing a final I really have no vested interested in.

As the saying goes.... If you held a gun to my head, I'd have to say I'd rather have Jersey win. Don't care some of the things LA does on the ice, don't really care for LA fans, media either, as they appear to be morphing in Canucks fans.

Other than beating us I really don't have any issues with Jersey.

goalie dude 05-26-2012 12:55 PM

kings all the way **** the devils

Killem Dafoe 05-26-2012 01:00 PM

what? No. I'm not looking forward to the finals because the Rangers aren't in them.

I will, however, be watching to enjoy the Debs getting squashed by the Kings.

Rangers Fail 05-26-2012 01:03 PM

I'm looking forward to the Kings pummeling the devils right back to the swamp.

Dangleberry 05-26-2012 01:03 PM

I'm gonna watch. I was never a Kings fan but how could you not love Gretzky in the 90s? I think it would be a monumental thing for the Kings to finally win their first cup and get 93 out of their heads.

GloveSave35 05-26-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe (Post 50182391)
what? No. I'm not looking forward to the finals because the Rangers aren't in them.

I will, however, be watching to enjoy the Debs getting squashed by the Kings.

Yep. That about sums it up.

White Plains Batman 05-26-2012 01:06 PM

I'm a huge Kopitar and Brown fan and liked Simmonds a lot before he got shipped to Philly so yeah, I like what the Kings have been doing the last few years and will be happy if they could beat the Devils.

It would be pretty cool if Kopitar could bring the Cup to Slovenia as well.

RangerBlues 05-26-2012 01:07 PM

I'm gonna watch and root for the Debbies cause I aint a hater. And the western teams are soft and squishy.

NYRFAN218 05-26-2012 01:09 PM

I'm gonna watch but I'm not exactly excited for it. Obviously rooting for the Kings and hopefully they win. Lessens the bragging rights of their win over us if anything.

Swept In Seven 05-26-2012 01:09 PM

I am pulling for the Kings. They beat the Devils and make the Flyers looks stupid. Win/win situation :laugh:

HeaveHo94 05-26-2012 01:12 PM

god only knows what Dolan had given Sather... damn i wanted to know!

TankLarkin 05-26-2012 01:15 PM

curious to see how one playoff buzz saw matches up against the other playoff buzz saw.

Go Kings.

JDMSG 05-26-2012 01:18 PM

Being that I live in NJ, and most of my friends are Devils fans, I received a ton of hate text messages last night rubbing the loss in my face. Not to mention the STUPID lawn signs that the Devils were putting on peoples lawns around the area. This is a very tough loss. I would love nothing more than to see the Devils get destroyed, but I can't root for the Kings because I'll probably jynx them too…. you know what, screw it GO KINGS

BroadwayBlues 05-26-2012 01:20 PM

Sure, I'll watch the Devils get pummeled.

SupersonicMonkey* 05-26-2012 01:21 PM

Going to be the most insignificant, most boring, joke of a Stanley Cup Final since Panthers/Avalanche in 96.

I hope the ratings bomb.

WhatThePuck 05-26-2012 01:21 PM

Kings are my #2 team and I want them to beat the Devs...but my dream match up was NYR-LA and my interest would have been off the charts.......stupid Devils !!!

SnowblindNYR 05-26-2012 01:26 PM

Any team that's outside of the Atlantic I'd root for against the Kings. There's one obnoxious Ranger hating Kings fan that makes me want to root against them. That said, it's the Devils. I hope they get crushed by the Kings.

The Perfect Paradox 05-26-2012 01:36 PM

I'll watch if I have nothing else to do the night of the games. The Kings offense should be able to expose that Devils' weak defense, something our own team was unable to do.

SupersonicMonkey* 05-26-2012 01:43 PM

The NHL is about to find out what happens when garbage market hockey clubs get to the Finals.

The only thing that may save the ratings is the bandwagon Monday morning quarterbacks in Hollycrap that will jump the Kings nuts pretending they cared before April.

Had Phoenix made it...forget it, nothing could have saved that one.

I hope the NHL gets such awful ratings in his final that they start to realize its NOT in their best interest to continue calling everything against the BEST hockey markets in the league.

A Rangers/Kings final would have been revenue heaven for the NHL.

Instead its going to be a boring joke.

McDunna with Fries 05-26-2012 01:44 PM

The Kings have a full bandwagon behind them though.. they might not be a real hockey city but they are in a sports town and have the entire city behind them.

NYRFAN218 05-26-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 50183101)
Going to be the most insignificant, most boring, joke of a Stanley Cup Final since Panthers/Avalanche in 96.

I hope the ratings bomb.

I wouldn't go that far. We all hate the Devils here but they have a ton of offensive talent and play an exciting brand of forechecking hockey. The Kings have a ton of offense themselves along with great defense and a world class goaltender. It's not the best final but it's far from the worst.

I don't think the ratings will be that great though. Will be interesting to see how much of LA watches.

Blueshirt Believer 05-26-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries (Post 50183807)
The Kings have a full bandwagon behind them though.. they might not be a real hockey city but they are in a sports town and have the entire city behind them.

With the Lakers and clippers out of the playoffs, Kings are going to be the toast of the town.

I think the ratings are going to be fine.

SupersonicMonkey* 05-26-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 50183867)
I wouldn't go that far. We all hate the Devils here but they have a ton of offensive talent and play an exciting brand of forechecking hockey. The Kings have a ton of offense themselves along with great defense and a world class goaltender. It's not the best final but it's far from the worst.

I don't think the ratings will be that great though. Will be interesting to see how much of LA watches.

I hope they bomb.

Make the NHL wake up on the fact that small market clubs are small market clubs for a reason: no one really gives a **** about them.

turcotte8 05-26-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 50183101)

You forgot Devils/Ducks in 2003. Probably because you didn't watch it, like everyone else in the world. ;)

SupersonicMonkey* 05-26-2012 01:59 PM

Well like i said.

All the bandwagon Hollywood shmucks will come out of the woodwork claiming they've always "liked" the Kings blah blah. Come the start of 12-13 when ever that may be after the looming lockout, the Devils and Kings will go back to half empty arenas.