HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: [WSH/BOS] LW Chris Bourque for C Zach Hamill (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1197015)

capsfan528 05-26-2012 05:44 PM

[WSH/BOS] LW Chris Bourque for C Zach Hamill
 
Capitals Acquire Center Zach Hamill from Boston for Left Wing Chris Bourque
Saturday, 05.26.2012 / 3:20 PM / News
Washington Capitals

ARLINGTON, Va. The Washington Capitals acquired center Zach Hamill from the Boston Bruins in exchange for left wing Chris Bourque, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.
Hamill, 23, recorded 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) in 41 games last season with the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League (AHL). The 511, 180-pound center tallied two assists in 16 games with the Boston Bruins in 2011-12. In 20 career NHL games, Hamill has collected four assists and has registered 139 points (44 goals, 95 assists) in 256 career AHL games.

The Vancouver, British Columbia, native was originally drafted by Boston in the first round (eighth overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Hamill won the Bobby Clarke trophy for amassing the most points (93) in the Western Hockey League (WHL) with the Everett Silvertips during the 2006-07 season.

Bourque, 26, registered 93 points (27 goals, 66 assists) in 73 games with the Hershey Bears in 2011-12. He is set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1

capsfan528 05-26-2012 05:45 PM

Bourque never gets his shot with the caps haha

Langway 05-26-2012 05:48 PM

Both have passed through waivers multiple times. Bourque is a pending Group VI UFA, Hamill RFA.

Step 1 in dumpster diving for centers? Mayhaps.

CapsWolverinesUSA 05-26-2012 05:53 PM

Top 10 overall pick in the 2007 draft who has spent his entire career in one organization. Obviously, most signs point to bust at this point, but definitely a low risk move that could pay off. Wouldn't be the first top prospect who needed a change of scenery to make "the leap."

usiel 05-26-2012 05:56 PM

Needless to say an AHL move. But at least 3 years younger player from the caps side.

Capitlols 05-26-2012 06:07 PM

Stanley Cup.

BrooklynCapsFan 05-26-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usiel (Post 50190093)
Needless to say an AHL move. But at least 3 years younger player from the caps side.

Not at all man. Hamill is an upgrade on Aucoin. I see big things from him on the PP.

NeilYoung 05-26-2012 06:14 PM

Both suck awesome

Reverend Mayhem 05-26-2012 06:20 PM

Awesome! Hamill was never making it with the Bruins, their depth was ridiculous. Good to see the hometown boy getting traded to a team he has a shot of making.

He'll be a top-2 center for you, whether it's in Washington or Hershey, I don't know. Hope it's in Washington.

Devil Dancer 05-26-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtcapsfan (Post 50189761)
Bourque, 26, registered 93 points (27 goals, 66 assists) in 73 games with the Hershey Bears in 2011-12.

Holy crap, is that a typo?

Aucion v 2.0?

artilector 05-26-2012 06:46 PM

Moar Perreault!

Seems like a good move, as far as this sort of a move goes.. MP, Aucoin, Hamill deathmatch in training camp :)

TheReal13Linseman 05-26-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan (Post 50190491)
Not at all man. Hamill is an upgrade on Aucoin. I see big things from him on the PP.

Bruins fan here. Hamill won't do much for a Caps PP. Hershey yes, Caps no. He's maddeningly erratic, displaying poor hockey IQ too often. Probably an even trade for AHL depth/call ups. This would be like the Caps acquiring Peter Bondra's son. Sort of.

Bunindza 05-26-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman (Post 50193013)
Bruins fan here. Hamill won't do much for a Caps PP. Hershey yes, Caps no. He's maddeningly erratic, displaying poor hockey IQ too often. Probably an even trade for AHL depth/call ups. This would be like the Caps acquiring Peter Bondra's son. Sort of.

So what you're saying is that he's a perfect fit?

caps4cup 05-26-2012 07:46 PM

Dominoes...

pman25 05-26-2012 07:52 PM

I don't expect much from Hamill, but it will be interesting to see if a change will somehow put a spark back into his game. I'm sure he uses this trade to motivate himself and work harder. If something comes of it, then great. If not, whatever

Carlzner 05-26-2012 07:56 PM

Rofl.

What the ****. I loved Bourque. Hamill sucks.

Backstrom #19 05-26-2012 07:59 PM


Halpysback 05-26-2012 08:13 PM

Finally

He will be our Ryan Carter

TheReal13Linseman 05-26-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunindza (Post 50193167)
So what you're saying is that he's a perfect fit?

LOL. You Caps fans tend to get too down on your club sometimes... But then again, we all do, I suppose.

Caps have a good club; nothing to be ashamed of this season, for sure. Good owner. And, I like McPhee, though many here don't. Get Semin situation figured out and get a good NHL coach for next year and team will be dangerous again.

Brian23 05-26-2012 11:39 PM

I'm going to say NHL 12 is prophetic as the Bruins ALWAYS attempt to make this trade with me each and every year.

IkeaMonkey* 05-27-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian23 (Post 50199945)
I'm going to say NHL 12 is prophetic as the Bruins ALWAYS attempt to make this trade with me each and every year.

Well...

"EA Sports, It's in the game!"

And...

"If they knew anything about the game, they'd be in it" - McPhee

So...

Makes sense.

G3 LesPaul 05-27-2012 12:15 AM

"Our team is now complete. We can beat anyone in the east."

Halpysback 05-27-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman (Post 50197503)
LOL. You Caps fans tend to get too down on your club sometimes... But then again, we all do, I suppose.

Caps have a good club; nothing to be ashamed of this season, for sure. Good owner. And, I like McPhee, though many here don't. Get Semin situation figured out and get a good NHL coach for next year and team will be dangerous again.

Remember when we constantly had Keith Aucoin on the PP against Boston?

Hamill would actually be better.

I wanted him when he was on waivers as a 4C experiment but what do I know.

LetsGoBears 05-27-2012 02:07 AM

Caps are just doing him a favor imo. Nothing like being in your home town after having your first (grand)kid.

fedfed 05-27-2012 06:46 AM

To me it looks like Caps traded UFA Chris Bourque for Mathieu Perreault v.2.0. Great trade.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.