HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Anyone else feel a little trolled with this run? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1197297)

Knight of the Realm 05-27-2012 10:42 AM

Anyone else feel a little trolled with this run?

I love this team and what they have accomplished, and ultimately I accept the trolling.

As a long time Kings fan I understand what it is to be looked at as a fourth rate sport in LA.

I understand what it is to put up with east coast bias.

but

The endless chatter about boring hockey, lucky breaks, injuries, diving players (especially from TSN), and weak opponents is starting to bug me and tarnish this post season a bit for me.

I will not let it ruin the experience and maybe it all just comes with this unfamiliar territory of the SCF coupled together with this new fandangled social media thing.

I guess all there is left to do is embrace the ignorance and cheer all the more loudly for our LA Kings.

Kings man 4 life 05-27-2012 10:56 AM

I think its a mix of everything you've mentioned. Its one of the reasons why as a fan I just stay on the Kings Forums, if i read and listen to all the "experts" ill be insane by Wednesday.

ZJames 05-27-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life (Post 50209343)
I think its a mix of everything you've mentioned. Its one of the reasons why as a fan I just stay on the Kings Forums, if i read and listen to all the "experts" ill be insane by Wednesday.

Lol i was looking at the main boards last night for about 10 minutes and I was already starting to loose my mind. :scared:

The main boards are a dangerous and desolate wilderness.

KingsKnight 05-27-2012 02:20 PM

But but...I thought Phoenix was trolling everyone this playoffs :sarcasm:

Buddy The Elf 05-27-2012 02:31 PM

I really don't give a **** what anyone else has to say. I don't care if DL stabs Bettman and steals the Cup. **** everyone else. I watch the Kings for my own pleasure, not so other fans of other teams and people in the media can enjoy it. I want them to win because that is what it is all about. **** everyone else. **** them. Eat ****. Die. Suck a big fat penis. The end.

King'sPawn 05-27-2012 02:54 PM

Successful teams get hate. Bruins and Canucks got plenty of it last year. Devils and Kings get plenty of it this year.

There are plenty of fans of teams who lose with grace who deserve props. There are plenty of fans who don't. Try to educate on the misconceptions, and ignore the blind hatred.

SLang 05-27-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn (Post 50215351)
Successful teams get hate. Bruins and Canucks got plenty of it last year. Devils and Kings get plenty of it this year.

There are plenty of fans of teams who lose with grace who deserve props. There are plenty of fans who don't. Try to educate on the misconceptions, and ignore the blind hatred.

Exactly. Everyone loves a loser. Everyone hates a winner. Kings fans need to thicken their skin and hope for the ultimate in-your-face: Dustin Brown skating with the Stanley Cup over his head. If Nd when that happens, NOTHING else will matter.

Ron 05-27-2012 03:21 PM

It's all bull ****.

Don't pay any attention at all to the trolls. Doesn't mean anything, it never did.

The only thing that matters now is finishing the run. Get that first Cup out of the way, then dominate for the rest of the decade.

**** the rest of the league as we steamroll over all the pretenders.

:)

Ron 05-27-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLang (Post 50215541)
Exactly. Everyone loves a loser. Everyone hates a winner. Kings fans need to thicken their skin and hope for the ultimate in-your-face: Dustin Brown skating with the Stanley Cup over his head. If Nd when that happens, NOTHING else will matter.

See, that's just the problem. The Kings have been the lovable losers for 44 years, just like the lovable Chicago Cubs.

I want to be the big, bad, hated Kings that collects Cups in bunches, like those a-hole Montreal Canadiens used to.

Bruinswillwin77 05-27-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 50216495)
See, that's just the problem. The Kings have been the lovable losers for 44 years, just like the lovable Chicago Cubs.

I want to be the big, bad, hated Kings that collects Cups in bunches, like those a-hole Montreal Canadiens used to.

Really hard to do these days

Puck U 05-27-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf (Post 50214641)
I really don't give a **** what anyone else has to say. I don't care if DL stabs Bettman and steals the Cup. **** everyone else. I watch the Kings for my own pleasure, not so other fans of other teams and people in the media can enjoy it. I want them to win because that is what it is all about. **** everyone else. **** them. Eat ****. Die. Suck a big fat penis. The end.

You sir ... should write for HALLMARK ... that's Greating Card Quality right there boy :thumbu:

BallPointHammer 05-27-2012 05:27 PM

To all the people who love the Kings, you know who you are. You know what this playoff run means. You know what winning the Stanley Cup means. You know how happy you will be if the Kings win. You know how much it will hurt if the Kings don't win. But you will still love the Kings. And that is all that counts. And the rest of us know it!

Mattias 05-27-2012 05:29 PM

God I hate having a big typing message then hit 'back' by accident and I lose all my typing. :laugh:

Here's my thoughts....again...everything is graded out of 10, the higher the count the more the trolling.

Vancouver: 6/10.

It was about a 2 till after game 4. Most of the trolling was from us after game 1, and continued till after game 4. Vancouver fans didn't blame the refs (like last time) for the playoff losses this go round. I found the most amount of trolling came after Vancouver won game 4. Good example of before the game poster::

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=201

I'm not going to show the onslaught of rediculous posters from that game, you get the idea though. Blazing through on game 5 felt great, a few troll posters regarding Lewis and Hamuis play but it was minor. Going into St. Louis felt good.

St. Louis: 5/10.

Pretty low-key unless you call the King/Piet hit (which gives all 5 points for me). The series was basically owned by the Kings, I noticed more Blues fans upset at Elliot in game 4, and I recall little trolling except for the King hit. Maybe because of everything frustrating on Phx taking center stage I can't recall much bad blood between these teams.

Phoenix: 9/10.

Jesus, where to begin? Even before the series I was upset at quite a few of the team posters, which is a shame. When the Torres hit happened, I checked out some of the forum area to get an idea to the thoughts on some of the fanbase.

Lookie:: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3&postcount=49

Then when the 25 game suspension is handed out, a few of the posters (including the same one above) went irate

Lookie:: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=297
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=298

I find it incredibly....ironic how avatars of 'trolloffs' got upset that Torres was not given just a slap on the wrist but was shut down for the entire rest of playoffs. Tough. I found the Phx series to be (at the very least the first three games) dominated by the Kings. The fourth and fifth game seemed to mostly be contained in the Coyotes territory and more shots/chances to be with the Kings. That series belonged to L.A, but it almost had the same flavour of the Canucks series of 2 years ago. That being 'we just deserve to win, we're better than you'. The Smith hit on Brown thread, Smith being a jerk thread, Doan/Morris hits, Hanzal suspension and handshake thread just had me spinning how much beaking BOTH fanbases were doing overall. A little bit more to the defeated side though as Kings fans were happy to be going to the finals.

I had a lot more typed and cleaner presented...but as said earlier I hit the back button on my wheel mouse and lost all this information. Off to watch horrible Kevin Costner movies now.

Vamos Rafa 05-27-2012 05:58 PM

Critics are really saying weak opponents? An 8th-seed bulldozing 1-2-3 seeds is weak?

jml87 05-27-2012 06:27 PM

When you go on a run like this, this constant analysis is going to happen. People will be making excuses for why their team lost and why the kings are lucky. They are trying to rationalize why an 8 seed is in the SCF. That's what people do, they fit things into neat little categories so that things make logical sense.

But trust me, if the kings win the cup none of this analysis ******** will matter. Because because a big ass trophy in your arena trumps all arguments.

The Butcher 05-27-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

You've climbed the power rankings yet again, my friend.

onlyalad 05-27-2012 06:45 PM

Parise and Kovy are so much better than Kopi and Brown
Parise and Kovy have a combined 32 points are are a combined -7 in 18 games
While Brown and Kopi only have 31 points and are a combined +26 in 14 games

cyclones22 05-27-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyalad (Post 50221521)
Parise and Kovy are so much better than Kopi and Brown
Parise and Kovy have a combined 32 points are are a combined -7 in 18 games
While Brown and Kopi only have 31 points and are a combined +26 in 14 games

What that basically says is, if the Kings stop the Devils powerplay, they're going to win this series.

onlyalad 05-27-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclones22 (Post 50222621)
What that basically says is, if the Kings stop the Devils powerplay, they're going to win this series.

Or if the Kings start scoring on theirs.

SLang 05-27-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Uh, yeah.....pretty much this.

SLang 05-27-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jml87 (Post 50221063)

But trust me, if the kings win the cup none of this analysis ******** will matter. Because because a big ass trophy in your arena trumps all arguments.

And this too.

TonySCV 05-27-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

I really don't give a **** what anyone else has to say.

That sums up the crux of this thread nicely.