HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I hope there's a lockout shortened season. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1197433)

machphantom 05-27-2012 04:10 PM

I hope there's a lockout shortened season.

I know it's bad to wish for less hockey, but there's a chance our team will have played more games then the Stanley Cup Champ when all is said and done, and there were very few games we played in this postseason (and really this entire year) where we weren't close, or didn't give a max effort. With all the various activities that went on this year with the Winter Classic, and the Europe trip, I really think our boys are exhausted, as they should be, and without some extra time to heal up, it's going to be incredibly hard to make a similar run next season. If the season is condensed, however, I see it as a huge advantage, in less possible time for injuries to develop, and allows for a sort of "bridge season" for CK to get his feet under him in terms of length. Any one else feel the same way?

Blueshirt Believer 05-27-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machphantom (Post 50217427)
I know it's bad to wish for less hockey, but there's a chance our team will have played more games then the Stanley Cup Champ when all is said and done, and there were very few games we played in this postseason (and really this entire year) where we weren't close, or didn't give a max effort. With all the various activities that went on this year with the Winter Classic, and the Europe trip, I really think our boys are exhausted, as they should be, and without some extra time to heal up, it's going to be incredibly hard to make a similar run next season. If the season is condensed, however, I see it as a huge advantage, in less possible time for injuries to develop, and allows for a sort of "bridge season" for CK to get his feet under him in terms of length. Any one else feel the same way?

An abridged season would certainly help our legs, no question.

Kreider Typical 05-27-2012 04:13 PM

everybody would be fresh. we've got a lot of your that need the experience. while i agree our system would benefit 'the most' from this there are some negatives. you also have to consider that guys will have less time to adjust to the season.

btw... may wanna change that avatar hehe

machphantom 05-27-2012 04:17 PM

Way ahead of you on that one... I hadn't posted since that-which-will-not-be-spoke-of, and when I saw it come up, first thing I did was change it

rkhum 05-27-2012 04:18 PM

In theory...yes...fewer games.
BUT consider you will have more back-to-backs and 3 in 4's.

Kane One 05-27-2012 04:19 PM

Ridiculous. Are the Rangers the only team who will play less games? Every team's players would be fresh, so it's not like we would get an advantage.

broadwayblue 05-27-2012 04:32 PM

This is just silly. First of all, if we can't "rest up" after 100+ days we're in big trouble. More importantly, when you have a shortened season you are risking NO SEASON. Seriously, we're not talking about an extra day off between playoff games...the summer is plenty of time. And this is a very young team...injuries aside they would all be pretty close to 100% in a couple weeks.

JaeTM 05-27-2012 04:40 PM

Yeah, unless you have a major injury that needs healing from surgery or something, the summer's going to be way long enough to heal some bumps and bruises that occurred throughout the season.

I want hockey in October.

IBleedNYRBlue 05-27-2012 04:41 PM

I think 3 months of rest is more than enough.

Brooklyn Ranger 05-27-2012 04:44 PM

That is a really stupid reason to want a lockout. If a player can't recover over the course of three months, they should find another gig (I hear McDonald's is hiring).

Bob Richards 05-27-2012 04:53 PM

Wasn't there a massive increase in injuries for the NBA this season? They schedule just ends up getting more dense which can be worse.

GentlemanOfLeisure 05-27-2012 05:03 PM

Rangers put a lot of miles on their top 4 defenseman this year. And not highway miles either. These were hard, shot blocking, grueling city miles. They ran out of gas in the Devils series both mentally and physically. Which could have been avoided had their finished off Ottawa in 5 or Washington in 5. What they need is a big, strong, physical, top 6 center that can win faceoffs and score 25 to 30 goals. Not just goal but garbage goals. Three feet from the net goals.

The guy they should get is Ryan Getzlaf.

If you're going to give the farm to get a Rick Nash I'd skip over Nash and give it to the Ducks for Getzlaf.

mrjimmyg89 05-27-2012 05:05 PM

I hope you bite your tongue.

Above and Beyond 05-27-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaeTM (Post 50218235)
Yeah, unless you have a major injury that needs healing from surgery or something, the summer's going to be way long enough to heal some bumps and bruises that occurred throughout the season.

I want hockey in October.

I wonder if people remember the first lockout anymore? It was excruciating. I followed the NBA and attended Roadrunner (AHL) games to get a hockey fix. :shakehead

Hoping for a lockout is just... crazy.

This team is young, 3 months off is plenty. I believe they'll bounce back.

LordsCup* 05-27-2012 05:14 PM

You hope there is a lockout?

And you can honestly call yourself a hockey fan?

:facepalm:

Miamipuck 05-27-2012 05:31 PM

F-no I want no part of a lockout.

SupersonicMonkey* 05-27-2012 05:33 PM

I get sick thinking about a lockout. Im already going through Rangers hockey withdrawal.

machphantom 05-27-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 50217661)
Ridiculous. Are the Rangers the only team who will play less games? Every team's players would be fresh, so it's not like we would get an advantage.

I don't see it as much as an advantage we'd have, as much as a disadvantage we'd be saddled with the whole season through. It sucks that we'd see less hockey in October, but if that meant a deeper run in May, I think its worth the tradeoff.

HeaveHo94 05-27-2012 06:03 PM

OMG, be careful what u wish for. i dont even know y i still come here to read these threads.

Bob Richards 05-27-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 50219529)
I get sick thinking about a lockout. Im already going through Rangers hockey withdrawal.

I know what you mean. I was in no way prepared for the season to end when it did.

McMonster 05-27-2012 06:21 PM

a shortened season definitely caters to our style of hockey but with that said, only half a season of hockey would suck.