HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Moncton Wildcats (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1197485)

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-27-2012 05:48 PM

Moncton Wildcats

2012-2013 ..

Dubeau(18)
Flinn(17)

Downe(20) - Melindy(19)
Emond(19) - Racine(19)
Roussy(18) - McGurty(18)

Wood(18)
Sweeney(17)

Veilleux(19) Saulnier(20) Saulnier(20)
Penny(17) Euro Euro
Lalonde(18) Shea(17) Malone(18)
Tremaine(18) Hodge(17) Johnston(18)

Centis-Jorge(17)
Boudreau(18)
Deruelle(19)
Robichaud(19)

* Didnt take the expansion draft into consideration.. will possibly lose a couple of players mentioned..

Obviously Flynn will try to acquire some scoring depth via trade , free agents or at the euro draft. Thats the teams weakness and number one concern heading to the draft and they have a decent amount of picks they can use to trade. The goaltender is pretty straight forward. Dubeau is a proven goaltender , one of the best in the league who gained lots of experience with Shawinigans run. Flinn is a 17-year old that had a good year in midget. He most likely will see action in about 10-15 games. Our defence is solid, good shut down core. Could use a offensive guy to quarterback PP. Matheson would obvously be a great addition, hopefully upon getting drafted his NHL team will persuade him to Major Junior. Also have guys like Wood and Sweeney who will jump in. Overall with a few moves Moncton will be able to compete with the best teams..

welcometothebigshow2 05-27-2012 07:05 PM

Shea has comitted to Dubuque of the USHL for the 2012-2013 season. Wonder if this is just a cover-up until a deal gets done...

Via Twitter: @THsportsfeed: Brandon Shea, a top prospect for the 2013 NHL Draft, has committed to play for the Dubuque Fighting Saints.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-27-2012 07:22 PM

Im not sure what the situation with him is now. Its pretty confusing to say the least. Danny Flynn is pretty tight lipped but Neil Hodge had stated shortly after Christmas that the Wildcats had no reason to believe he wasnt returning next season. This is after he already went back home. I dont know how things could get worse for him to change his mind when hes at home. There are rumours around the league that his father wants him here and he would only return to the Q if he was traded. I think we could see a deal made with a team like Rimouski, Quebec.. Im still just crossing my fingers that him and the organization can clear things up and he make a return to Moncton. He was unhappy with his ice time and its clear that he would have a much larger role with the team if he returned.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-27-2012 10:22 PM

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/pl...y-s_major_move

:After leaving the Moncton Wildcats, 16-year-old forward Brandon Shea (Marshfield, Mass.) likely will return to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League next season after a trade is worked out, said his father, Neil.

A number of options are on the table, he said, and he was not able to speak any further about it.

“He’s fine,” Neil Shea said. “There’s all kinds of speculation on this and that and 90 percent of what I’ve seen and heard is the farthest thing from the truth.”

Some of the Internet rumors included a clash with Wildcats coach Danny Flynn over ice time or his tight reins on offense. Another speculated that Brandon Shea had a hip problem.

In 45 games, Shea had three goals and seven assists. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Shea is a highly-touted prospect for the 2013 NHL draft who declined a roster spot on the U.S. Under-17 team and a future scholarship at Boston College after Moncton drafted him in the first round last June.

Since leaving Moncton, Shea visited the Dubuque Fighting Saints, who own his USHL rights. The possibility also exists that he could be traded to another Canadian major junior hockey league or even return to Moncton.

The next QMJHL trading period is at the June entry draft. Often trades are worked out ahead of time but are not announced until the official trading period. After the draft, the next trading period is in August. …"

RJQuack 05-27-2012 10:36 PM

Didn't read any of the above^ but Shea will not be in a Wildcat uniform next year.

Many moves need to be made to make them a contender imo

Q7scout 05-28-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks (Post 50228877)
Didn't read any of the above^ but Shea will not be in a Wildcat uniform next year.

Many moves need to be made to make them a contender imo

Totally agree, many moves away from making a run at it.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-29-2012 03:41 PM

The wildcats are intrested in Anton Zlobin and are trying to finalize a deal with Shawinigan.It could be a seperate deal all together or may involve Zlobin coming instead of Racine to finalize the Gormley trade. Other rumors are that Shea may go to Drummondville or BLB. Drummond rumour is that Brouillard is the return. That would really adress the lack of scoring and depth of front..

IHaveNoCreativity 05-29-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 50280049)
The wildcats are intrested in Anton Zlobin and are trying to finalize a deal with Shawinigan.It could be a seperate deal all together or may involve Zlobin coming instead of Racine to finalize the Gormley trade. Other rumors are that Shea may go to Drummondville or BLB. Drummond rumour is that Brouillard is the return. That would really adress the lack of scoring and depth of front..

Source ?

Zlobin upfront would be huge, Brouillards solid and would he great for the Wildcats backend.

Shea could thrive in Drummond, IMO I could BLB going for him however they may want a big name upfront. They're deep but need a couple of big guns.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-29-2012 05:06 PM

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvelliste/co....4_article _POS3

Heres one link. As I mentioned its only rumours.

IHaveNoCreativity 05-29-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 50283323)
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvelliste/co....4_article _POS3

Heres one link. As I mentioned its only rumours.

Links broken for me.. :(

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-29-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50285001)
Links broken for me.. :(

Try adding those 3 letters after the underlined part . .

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-29-2012 06:24 PM

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvellist...4_article_POS3

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-29-2012 06:25 PM

This one works. Sorry about the first two..

IHaveNoCreativity 05-29-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 50285905)

This one works. Sorry about the first two..

Nothing there about Shea, I could see Zlobin in Moncton.

Danny DuPont, wow I haven't heard that name in a long long time.

He would be great for Baie-Comeau, and he would definitely help them recruit English players.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-29-2012 09:03 PM

The Shea rumours are from Drummondville fans for the most part and there hear-say..Last thing from concrete..

IHaveNoCreativity 05-29-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 50291289)
The Shea rumours are from Drummondville fans for the most part and there hear-say..Last thing from concrete..

Lol pipe dream for them, BLB and Drummondville are french as can be....

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-29-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50291899)
Lol pipe dream for them, BLB and Drummondville are french as can be....

Lol thats what Im thinking too. But you never know, Id like to see a return regardless of where its from rather than lose him for nothing. He will be a very good player wherever he ends up. The rumours are mostly from Quebec base teams (i.e BLB , DRU,SHA) but I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up somewheres closer like maybe even Halifax or CapeBreton. But then wed have to play against him for the next few years ..

IHaveNoCreativity 05-29-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 50292073)
Lol thats what Im thinking too. But you never know, Id like to see a return regardless of where its from rather than lose him for nothing. He will be a very good player wherever he ends up. The rumours are mostly from Quebec base teams (i.e BLB , DRU,SHA) but I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up somewheres closer like maybe even Halifax or CapeBreton. But then wed have to play against him for the next few years ..

Rumors are generally false, I can't see why an American kid would just report to a French team... BLB is contending, but I'll tell you I was there once this year, and the girls sitting next to us moved cause my friend an I were speaking English...

I've never been to Drummondville for a game... But it's French.. Shawi will be awful and Shawi's French...

Teams like Val D'Or(English high school and cgep and it's an english speaking town, English coach too, MA-Dumont speaks good English and is from the west island...) Saint John, Quebec, Halifax, Bathrust, CB and even Sherbrooke make sense.. (Sherbrooke isn't that bad... Nice town, however it's pretty french but more liveable for an English kid then a place like BLB is).

CH4 05-29-2012 10:47 PM

Blb is practically montreal.

Val dor is much more french then sherbrooke, who has the english high school, college and university, along with a major english population in the townships. Sherby is much more anglophone then quebec city.

IHaveNoCreativity 05-30-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH4 (Post 50294953)
Blb is practically montreal.

Val dor is much more french then sherbrooke, who has the english high school, college and university, along with a major english population in the townships. Sherby is much more anglophone then quebec city.

Apparently it's not so bad because quite a few people there are bilingual... I've never been however so I can't comment.

Booba 05-30-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50297141)
Apparently it's not so bad because quite a few people there are bilingual... I've her been however so I can't comment.

Not so bad as in not too francophone :help:

He decided to come to the Q. He has to deal with the social reality of it. If he doesn't like it, than he can just stay home, AFAIC .

You have to adapt to your environment because the opposite just won't happen.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-30-2012 10:27 AM

Wildcats Protected List(IMO) :

1. ALEX SAULNIER
2. ALLAIN SAULNIER
3. PATRICK DOWNE
4. JAMES MELINDY
5. BRANDON SHEA
6. RYAN PENNY
7. CHRISTOPHE LALONDE
8. MYLES MCGURTY
9. SAMUEL ROUSSY
10. MIKE MATHESON
11. DANICK EMOND
12. ROSS JOHNSTON
13. KRIS HODGE
14. JACOB SWEENEY
15. CENTIS-JORGE
16. MARK TREMAINE OR BRAYDEN WOOD

TOP UNPROTECTED PLAYERS

1. BRETT MALONE
2. ROMAN WILL
3. SCOTT TRASK
4. ERIK ROBICHAUD
5. CHARLES JOHNSON
6. BRANDON THIBEAU
7. MITCH DERUELLE
8. CAMERON MCDONALD
9. MAXIM PITRE
10. JORDAN LABBE

*NO PARTICULAR ORDER FOR BOTH LISTS

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-30-2012 10:29 AM

And they basically have a 19 -man protected list because Shawinigan will protect Veilleux , Dubeau and Racine and then trade them to Moncton at the QMJHL draft..

IHaveNoCreativity 05-30-2012 11:08 AM

@Booba ya, not as Francophone as you'd think.

@Wildcats, Sweeny-Matheson would be a crazy pairing... However Matheson is 98.2% headed to BC. Unless an NHL team steps in... (It's in the Matheson thread) I can see why he'd be proctected...

Thibeau is a 94 right ? If so I think Sherbrooke takes him, and maybe Malone...

WildcatMapleLeafs28 05-30-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50306165)
@Booba ya, not as Francophone as you'd think.

@Wildcats, Sweeny-Matheson would be a crazy pairing... However Matheson is 98.2% headed to BC. Unless an NHL team steps in... (It's in the Matheson thread) I can see why he'd be proctected...

Thibeau is a 94 right ? If so I think Sherbrooke takes him, and maybe Malone...

Hes a 93, dont think hell be going anywhere. And lets just hope that an NHL team asks Matheson to report.. about 10 or 12 teams out of 30 might sway him here