HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Time to show the Devils and their fans some respect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1198631)

Blueshirt Special 05-29-2012 09:12 PM

Time to show the Devils and their fans some respect

No, I don't mean root for them, or even stop hating them, but the fact is they are a very good team and have been for a very long time because the organization is extremely well run.

They have had their years where they are off, but they almost always make the playoffs and every few years they make a deep run and actually win the thing.

Time for us, as Rangers fans to acknowledge that we have an opponent across the river that is worthy of being a rival now that it looks like we will be competitive for the foreseeable future.

So, "hat's off" to The Devils and their fans. Well done.

Oh and yes, I include the fans because you can't make these silly claims any longer that they don't have any fans, At least not seriously. They have a substantial and knowledgeable fan-base. I live in NJ and I see it first-hand. (If you want to bust chops, that's a different story) Also: The Prudential Center turned out really well and it's a great venue, so good for them.

I knew the Devils were going to be trouble right after the All Star Break and even though I still have a pain in my gut from that Game 6 loss, I know we were beaten by a really good team, and it wasn't some crappy reffing or goon tactics that beat us. I can respect that even if I have to put up with some abuse in Jersey where I live.

The good news for us: Maybe this is our turning point. Lou Lams said that the Devils Organization learned a lot in that loss back in '94 and that in a lot of ways it was the impetus for the way the organization has been run since then. Maybe 2012 be be our turning point and we cab be a worthy rival for the next 20 years?

Marty: Not sure what will happen after this year, but the guy looks healthy and knows how to win. One thing is certain: The Eastern Conference will NOT be the same without him.

The above is my opinion. I'm sticking with it.

Peace.

JayQueensNY88* 05-29-2012 09:18 PM

Its not time to do **** andf I dont have to do anything.................They have a good GM and good scouts..Team is always good and consistant basically year in and out,similar to Det.But other words **** MARTY AND **** NJ..**** THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope L.A embarasses them.

BlueshirtBlitz 05-29-2012 09:18 PM

Good for you.

As long as they keep calling Hank the Queen and whatnot, I wish nothing but failure for that organization and its 9 fans.

JayQueensNY88* 05-29-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueshirtblitz (Post 50289607)
good for you.

As long as they keep calling hank the queen and whatnot, i wish nothing but failure for that organization and its 9 fans.

^word^

Riverdale 05-29-2012 09:21 PM

No thanks

SnowblindNYR 05-29-2012 09:21 PM

**** the Devils. If we had their success and they were in our shoes they wouldn't show us respect.

New York RKY 05-29-2012 09:22 PM

Yea this is going to turn into a Devils organization bashing thread.