HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Filip Bondy talks about Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1198853)

Jabroni 05-30-2012 10:05 AM

Filip Bondy talks about Rangers

Quote:

“It’s the amount of Ranger fans in the area,” said Marty Brodeur, who is hoping to win his own fourth title at age 40. “We’ve been slowly building it up here, with a lot of success over the last 15 years. That’s how we start building against a great organization like the Rangers.”

Great organization? Hardly. More like extraordinarily loyal fans. The Rangers don’t deserve the support they get, while the Devils deserve far more. Now that the Rangers are kaput and the Kings are in town, we get a promising series that should look at least a little different on the ice.

Nobody wants to grimace anymore at the sight of prone Rangers, sliding along the ice, sacrificing their bodies for the good of the team.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz1wMUHkm8t

Miamipuck 05-30-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 (Post 50302525)

That jerk off wrote an article about the Devils being done after game 1 of the ECF. He thinks a hockey puck is one of those white deodorants in a urinal. I trust my Pekingese's opinion on hockey over this moron 6 ways to Sunday.

RangerBoy 05-30-2012 10:13 AM

That guy is a piece of garbage. After game 1,he wrote Rangers in game 5. He jumps on the Ranger bandwagon whenever they win something and then trashes them they lose.

Forge* 05-30-2012 10:34 AM

this guy has been used many times as mockey on our board(devils)

so dumb to say '' pop the champagne, light the cigars'' after 1 ****ing game lol

Shadowtron 05-30-2012 10:35 AM

Loved the article. He's absolutely right. Anyone using the word GREAT to describe this organization needs to have their head checked. The franchise has a fan base it does not deserve. It receives in spadefuls the unwavering loyalty of its followers and rewards that support with dud after dud after dud.

Classic Devil 05-30-2012 10:35 AM

Probably the worst hockey writer I know.

WhipNash27 05-30-2012 10:37 AM

This guy is trash.

I guess Jets and Mets fans don't deserve to like their teams either. They should all become Giants and Yankees fans because they're better teams.

I'm sure this same ass hat was praising the Devils in the 90s when they were sucking the life out of the league with their trap.

Ave Maria 05-30-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron (Post 50303383)
Loved the article. He's absolutely right. Anyone using the word GREAT to describe this organization needs to have their head checked. The franchise has a fan base it does not deserve. It receives in spadefuls the unwavering loyalty of its followers and rewards that support with dud after dud after dud.

please explain...

Killem Dafoe 05-30-2012 10:52 AM

He is terrible. Like someone else pointed out, he flip flops and jumps on whatever team is showing success at the moment. **** him.

RangerBoy 05-30-2012 11:01 AM

He is a weird looking guy too. Talks funny. During the post game press conferences for Torts,you could hear Bondy asking stupid question after stupid question. Carpiniello puts up the audio clips. After one of playoff games,Bondy asked Girardi a question which he already answered. Girardi told him to go ask one of the other players because he already answered that question. He used to be a Rangers beat writer. Only Mark Everson was a bigger joke. Everson is the prince of darkness. Team loses one game in playoffs and the season is over.

MessierIsGod 05-30-2012 11:06 AM

He freaking jinxed us by writing we would finish jersey in 5. Knows nothing about hockey.

But I do agree with being sick and tired of watching a team trying to win by blocking every shot. That's basically a disguise for our lack of talent.

Rangers are not a great organization. Haven't been since Emile "the Cat" or Craig Patrick days IMO. I would love to have had Lamariello running the rangers instead of Slats.

Ruotsalainen29 05-30-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 50304133)
He is a weird looking guy too. Talks funny. During the post game press conferences for Torts,you could hear Bondy asking stupid question after stupid question. Carpiniello puts up the audio clips. After one of playoff games,Bondy asked Girardi a question which he alreay answered. Girardi told him to go ask one of the other players because he already answered that question. He used to be a Rangers beat writer. Only Mark Everson was a bigger joke. Everson is the prince of darkness. Team loses one game in playoffs and the season is over.

Reminds me of this guy.........

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YG3SAfzSUY...15.570.359.jpg

CM Lundqvist 05-30-2012 11:28 AM

He's a joke. The only thing he's right about is the unwaivering loyalty of us Ranger fans in comparison to how bad this franchise has been since over the years, which doesn't take a rocket scientist to see, so I give him no credit for making that point.

Riche16 05-30-2012 11:42 AM

This is why this time of year is the worst. Have to read every BS story about why it ended why it did.

CRAP, followed by more crap.

Bleed Ranger Blue 05-30-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 (Post 50304309)

Ha. Rahad Jackson...classic.

åboriginal 05-30-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 (Post 50304309)

yea but he was crazy AND awesome.

Rangers Fail 05-30-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron (Post 50303383)

Then why the **** are you a fan?

Shadowtron 05-30-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 50311221)
Then why the **** are you a fan?

I don't know. At this point it's like being in a very contentious relationship. I'll tell you this, though, if I could go back 20 years there's no way in hell I'd pick the Rangers as the team to follow.

jskramer83 05-30-2012 02:48 PM

Bondy is a joke, I know he rights articles about the bleacher creatures but I didn't realize that the daily news actually lets this guy write about sports.

I think its best he sticks to writing about fans rather then give opinions on actual teams.

Rangers Fail 05-30-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron (Post 50311817)
I don't know. At this point it's like being in a very contentious relationship. I'll tell you this, though, if I could go back 20 years there's no way in hell I'd pick the Rangers as the team to follow.

Great. Devils bandwagon is empty. Go hop on it.

Thunderhead 05-30-2012 02:52 PM

who cares , ..... him .

daveskirtun 05-30-2012 02:54 PM

I can't believe that was published. He doesn't deserve to have a job, imo.

Shadowtron 05-30-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 50311939)

I've thought strongly about that many times. But it's never an easy thing to do. It's like trying to leave your wife of 20+ years. Sure, the relationship sucks, but you're still looking to give just one more try. And one more...aaaand one more.

Rangers Fail 05-30-2012 02:56 PM

"Nobody wants to grimace anymore at the sight of prone Rangers, sliding along the ice, sacrificing their bodies for the good of the team."

This sounds like a sarcastic remark a Rangers fan would say on the main boards over here, to defend their style of play. Who cares if you're putting yourself into serious risk for the good of the team? **** you anyway!

Why was this published?

sfox7076 05-30-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat (Post 50311939)

Exactly. It's not all about winning the cup, it's about the journey there too. If they won every year, why follow them? Frustration is part of being a fan. You have to fall to make the rise worth it.

His frustration about not having a fan base as a Devil's fan is stupid. If the Devil's wanted a fan base, they shouldn't move across the Hudson from an Original Six team. Now the Devil's need to file for bankruptcy right after they got a new arena. Maybe they will move to Kansas City again when that is done. Denver is already taken...