HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Rangers/Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1199403)

Mats Zuccarelli 05-31-2012 02:31 AM

Rangers/Canadiens

Rangers trade:

D Michael Del Zotto
LW/C Brandon Dubinsky
RW Mike Rupp

Canadians trade:

D P.K. Subban
RW Alexander Avtsin

As a Rangers fan, we could really use Subban's blast of a shot on the PP.

5RingsAndABeer 05-31-2012 02:34 AM

Rangers fans would really do this?!

Mats Zuccarelli 05-31-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 50345685)
Rangers fans would really do this?!

This Rangers fan would :D

MetalGodAOD 05-31-2012 02:45 AM

The amount of Rangers fans down on a 21 year old D-man with 37 and 40 point seasons is insane. Absolutely insane.

Mats Zuccarelli 05-31-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnholyPrince (Post 50345813)
The amount of Rangers fans down on a 21 year old D-man with 37 and 40 point seasons is insane. Absolutely insane.

Who's down on Del Zotto? It's not like we're trading him for nothing...

TheJuxtaposer 05-31-2012 02:50 AM

I really don't think the Habs should do that. Subban is at worst a #2 right now, but in my opinion he's a #1. Played tough minutes and came out ahead, plus good offensive production.

pld459666 05-31-2012 04:59 AM

I wouldn't do it.

Like Subban, think he's a solid to very good defenceman, just think that both Dubinsky and Del Zotto is to much.

Avtsin for Rupp is like **** on a bull, useless

mytor4* 05-31-2012 05:02 AM

Fair offer byt usually the team that gets the best player wins the deal so i would rather keep P.K.

IceDaddy 05-31-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad Brichards (Post 50345663)
Rangers trade:

D Michael Del Zotto
LW/C Brandon Dubinsky
RW Mike Rupp

Canadians trade:

D P.K. Subban
RW Alexander Avtsin

As a Rangers fan, we could really use Subban's blast of a shot on the PP.

Rupp 1.5
Dubi 4.2
MDZ RFA due a big raise..

So The Habs give up the best player in the deal AND give the Rangers the cap space to go after Parise......this seems oddly familiar...

Habs would pass

Sureves 05-31-2012 07:05 AM

I think it's a pretty clear no for Montreal here. MDZ is a good player, but he's got a long long way to go defensively. People often criticize Karlsson for his defense but it honestly felt like MDZ made more mistakes these playoffs then Karlsson did all year. And I'm not hating on the Rags, McDonagh blew me away with how good he is, he's going to be a clear-cut #1 defenseman for a long time, Staal was oustanding at both ends of the ice, and Girardi was a rock defensively (though less so than McD).

Subban is just a better version of MDZ with a slightly diluted offensive flare, but with the other aspects of his game much stronger (though he's older).

I think Rupp is basically a non-factor in terms of fixing the trade value - though I very much understand and appreciate his importance and value in the minds of the New York Rangers.

Dubi is nice to have as well, but I'm not sure that fixes the value to where it needs to be.

Pass from Montreal.

Ih8theislanders 05-31-2012 07:05 AM

Habs pass.

Captain Smurf 05-31-2012 07:23 AM

Habs pass. I'm not even opposed to trading Subban, but Montreal would be taking on salary and Dubinsky doesn't help us in any way.

dan1el 05-31-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsRock (Post 50347281)
Rupp 1.5
Dubi 4.2
MDZ RFA due a big raise..

So The Habs give up the best player in the deal AND give the Rangers the cap space to go after Parise......this seems oddly familiar...

Habs would pass

Aha, didn't even realize that but you're absolutely right.
I don't think the Habs would do it.

PATCHESx67 05-31-2012 07:43 AM

no thanks buddy!!

habs03 05-31-2012 08:06 AM

I think the value is close, but MTL doesn't do this.

Too much money, and Subban fits more of what MTL needs, a strong two way defender that eats up minutes. The more minutes he plays the better the guys is, I think he is more focused that way, he even said it himself I believe.

Blind Gardien 05-31-2012 08:17 AM

The timing isn't good on Dubinsky from the Habs' perspective. His season was pretty rough considering the contract. If it wasn't for that, well, the downgrade from Subban to Del Zotto *might* have been tolerable, if we were also getting a bigger tougher top-6 forward and the tough bottom-6 forward in Rupp thrown in, which are a couple of things we need pretty badly. But as of now, I'd pass from the Habs' POV. Subban is just too good to trade in a deal that carries question marks in the return.

Habs 4 Life 05-31-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 50348371)
The timing isn't good on Dubinsky from the Habs' perspective. His season was pretty rough considering the contract. If it wasn't for that, well, the downgrade from Subban to Del Zotto *might* have been tolerable, if we were also getting a bigger tougher top-6 forward and the tough bottom-6 forward in Rupp thrown in, which are a couple of things we need pretty badly. But as of now, I'd pass from the Habs' POV. Subban is just too good to trade in a deal that carries question marks in the return.

Agreed, not a good timing especially considering we just picked up another underachiever in Rene Bourque. Not a good time to take on Dubinsky's contract unless the Habs can get rid of Bourque or Gomez which i'm sure the Rangers want no part of

CHill Seeker 05-31-2012 09:05 AM

Bergevin says: NOPE
you already have one of our ****ing young franchise dmen.
for this to ever happen again, think massive overpayment.
it's not happening

MasterDecoy 05-31-2012 09:20 AM

get out of my house! im never trading with you ****ing guys again!

CM Lundqvist 05-31-2012 12:45 PM

I think Del Zotto is a better defender than Subban at this point, and there's no way I'm giving up Del Zotto AND Dubinsky just to upgrade a point shot. Subban has not impressed me at all. Del Zotto took tremendous steps to get better in his own zone, makes a far better outlet pass, and is a much smoother skater, plus he's younger and bigger and plays with the same kind of mean streak, minus the dirtbag plays that Subban gets away with.

bernmeister 05-31-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 50356963)
I think Del Zotto is a better defender than Subban at this point, and there's no way I'm giving up Del Zotto AND Dubinsky just to upgrade a point shot. Subban has not impressed me at all. Del Zotto took tremendous steps to get better in his own zone, makes a far better outlet pass, and is a much smoother skater, plus he's younger and bigger and plays with the same kind of mean streak, minus the dirtbag plays that Subban gets away with.

I was leaning to yes, and then I read this^.
Pass.

NYRfan68 05-31-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 50356963)

I agree somewhat.
What we couldn't look past is Subban's handedness.
The fact that he plays right lets us play a condensed top 4 rather than pairing Stralman with Staal and MDZ with Bickel. Also MDZ looks absolutely awful on the right side.

That being said, I wouldn't do this trade. I'd only consider a 1 for 1 swap.

Riptide 05-31-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 50345843)
I really don't think the Habs should do that. Subban is at worst a #2 right now, but in my opinion he's a #1. Played tough minutes and came out ahead, plus good offensive production.

Subban is neither right now. He's a 2nd pairing guy on most teams. However he has the potential to be a top pairing guy as he matures, and becomes better in his own end.

But the bigger question is why does Montreal do this trade? There's absolutely nothing beneficial to them. Subban (as much as I dislike him for his slewfooting and antics), is better than MDZ, both currently and in potential. And the rest of the parts don't make any compelling reason to go from Subban to MDZ.

Mats Zuccarelli 05-31-2012 02:52 PM

Just a sidenote:

Any proposal I make will include Mike Rupp. I hate him so much. He's my least favorite player on the team not named Wade Redden.

Dactyl 05-31-2012 03:06 PM

habs probably dont do it in fear of being fleeced by sather again