HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kaberle hopes to bounce back! article inside (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1199703)

habscup* 05-31-2012 05:34 PM

Kaberle hopes to bounce back! article inside
 
With a full summer stretching out before him, Kaberle plans to join friend and countryman, Tomas Plekanec, in his offseason training. His goal is same as the rest of the Canadiens: to return for the 2012-13 campaign, rested, focused and ready to win.

We all feel like its going to be a long summer for us. Im going to do my best to spend the summer working on my conditioning and training. concluded Kaberle. Theres a lot we need to think about to make sure we have a better season for ourselves and the fans next year.

Catch the rest of the article here http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633351

Can Kaberle bounce back and be a good number 6?

Seb 05-31-2012 05:37 PM

I'm sure he's gonna be an ok #7

Monctonscout 05-31-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habscup (Post 50365775)
With a full summer stretching out before him, Kaberle plans to join friend and countryman, Tomas Plekanec, in his offseason training. His goal is same as the rest of the Canadiens: to return for the 2012-13 campaign, rested, focused and ready to win.

We all feel like its going to be a long summer for us. Im going to do my best to spend the summer working on my conditioning and training. concluded Kaberle. Theres a lot we need to think about to make sure we have a better season for ourselves and the fans next year.

Catch the rest of the article here http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633351

Can Kaberle bounce back and be a good number 6?

He was a good #6 last year, he needs to bounce back and be a good #3 or 4 next year.

Hackett 05-31-2012 05:39 PM

We see these types of articles every off season. He can do all the conditioning he wants, but it doesn't change the his lackadaisical mentality to defend the crease. That's where he gets in the most trouble.

habscup* 05-31-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 50365933)
He was a good #6 last year, he needs to bounce back and be a good #3 or 4 next year.

So what you're saying is Kaberle was better than Emelin?

Captain Smurf 05-31-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 50365965)
We see these types of articles every off season. He can do all the conditioning he wants, but it doesn't change the his lackadaisical mentality to defend the crease. That's where he gets in the most trouble.

Actually, it was pretty obvious he was in lousy shape last year. Not that I think he'll return to his top-3 status of 2 years ago, but he can be better, at least with his stick work and back checking. He's still the last guy you want collapsing around the crease or in a one-on-one situation.

Monctonscout 05-31-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habscup (Post 50365969)
So what you're saying is Kaberle was better than Emelin?

Last year yes, next year it depends how much better Emelin is with a year under his belt and if Kaberle arrives in shape and 100% focused. Both can give us a lot more.

PricePkPatch 05-31-2012 05:47 PM

If he can bounce to become a solid #4 with offensive potential, we will have great depth.

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz/????

Add an additional UFA if you don't wanna bet too much on Marky

Hackett 05-31-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Smurf (Post 50366113)
Actually, it was pretty obvious he was in lousy shape last year. Not that I think he'll return to his top-3 status of 2 years ago, but he can be better, at least with his stick work and back checking. He's still the last guy you want collapsing around the crease or in a one-on-one situation.

He may get marginally better, but I'm not expecting any dramatic changes, because as I said, his main weakaness is his play around the crease area and the slot, and it cannot be fixed by increased conditioning. As a player in his mid 30's, he is what he is.

FlyingKostitsyn 05-31-2012 05:55 PM

People forget how Kaberle used to be a top defensemen. Of course he won't ever reach that level again but he might be a good surprise next year.

Lets hope so, he could bring back assets at the deadline ;)

DJ Breadman 05-31-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn (Post 50366551)
People forget how Kaberle used to be a top defensemen. Of course he won't ever reach that level again but he might be a good surprise next year.

Lets hope so, he could bring back assets at the deadline ;)


if he could get 40-45pts next year i'd be happy with that

Whitesnake 05-31-2012 06:16 PM

Bounce back from what? I heard he was incredible for us...

hockeyfan2k11 05-31-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn (Post 50366551)
People forget how Kaberle used to be a top defensemen. Of course he won't ever reach that level again but he might be a good surprise next year.

Lets hope so, he could bring back assets at the deadline ;)

And Gomez used to be a good centerman. Neither of them should be around.

Craig71 05-31-2012 06:36 PM

Kaberle is so Gomez.:shakehead

FlyingKostitsyn 05-31-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 (Post 50367567)
And Gomez used to be a good centerman. Neither of them should be around.

Kind of funny when you think about it.

Gomez is good enough defensively but abysmal offensively and thus is an horrible top6 forward.

Kaberle was good enough offensively but abysmal defensively and thus is an horrible top4 defensemen.

Maybe Kaberle should play center and Gomez play defense? :sarcasm:

zx81 05-31-2012 06:39 PM

Gomez was hoping to bounce back last year too.

JGRB 05-31-2012 06:42 PM

Haters. He's overpaid but there is no reason he can't anchor the left point on the third pair and the PP.

He is still capable of putting up 40 points in a year, he allows for a guy like Beaulieu to take a proper development path. He's valuable to us in a strange way like that.. And anyone who thinks weber or Diaz are better, lol, quit living "potential" land and come back to reality.

Gorges-subban
Markov-emelin
Kaberle-UFA/trade
Diaz

Impossible Glory 05-31-2012 06:50 PM

If we manage to somehow have a good top-4 (Subban, Gorges and maybe Markov as of now, not enough yet), he would be an "elite" 3rd pairing guy. I'm sure that if he's in shape for a whole year, he is able to put up 40ish points.

Still, 4,25M is a lot for a #5-6 guy, but he could be very useful if he is used with a physical, stay-at-home kind of defenseman imo.

JHabs 05-31-2012 07:00 PM

Since when did Gomez become a D?

LyricalLyricist 05-31-2012 07:12 PM

Meh, he's still an asset IMO. Even with his poor year his pro rated points in montreal were nothing to sneeze at. I want more battle, more hustle and everyone on the team, weber, diaz, subban, markov will have to up their battle level in front of the crease and not play soft. As of now we have only gorges and emelin who are physical/defensive(subban as well, but u get what i mean). Assuming we get no changes, guys like kaberle need to come in shape to handle taking some of the defensive load. I don't expect him to lay people out, but don't be shy, push people away from price. do what you gotta do.

After that, if we're out of the playoffs again, I would want kaberle, markov, gionta and others to be shopped. Until then, he's not too bad, and i'd rather he focus on his thing and we get a defensive d-men but with the habs, I don't hold my breath. Seems like we've been waiting a lot for fixes and in this case, I'll give begervin time to properly evaluate the team.

shutehinside 05-31-2012 07:28 PM

Problem with Kaberle is that even at his best, he's terrible on defense and we already have 2 offensive defenseman. At best, he'll be 3 rd pairing and on pp again.

Miller Time 05-31-2012 07:29 PM

Like Gomez, the problem wasn't the conditioning (or lack thereof)...

Problem lay in what contributed to the poor conditioning... Unwillingness to "pay the price".

"fighting" the weight room, 6-pack and buffet table is one thing, defending the front of the net when Lucic or Hartnell are bearing down is another.

Like last year with Gomez, I hope he finds the path back to being an elite competitor, but I ain't holding my breath.

MrNasty 05-31-2012 07:34 PM

well he did have one of the teams best risk/reward ratings...

icerocket 05-31-2012 07:35 PM

I wanna see an article where a player says he is gonna have a **** season.

Em Ancien 05-31-2012 07:40 PM

Probably taking tips from Gomez.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.