HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Nicklas Hjalmarsson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1199773)

Zoidberg Jesus 05-31-2012 07:58 PM

Nicklas Hjalmarsson

I've noticed that recently, Hjalmarsson seems to be included in every Chicago trade proposal. It seems odd to me to be seeing a 23 year old, 6'3 defenseman with a ring being thrown around so much. Are people just that confident in Oduya, or is there something more to this that I've missed (I admit I didn't see much of the Hawks this year)?

And what is his value to the Hawks? What would they be looking for in a straight up trade?

SoupNazi 05-31-2012 08:00 PM

I think Blackhawks fans want to move him for cap space due to their re-signing of Oduya.

deytookerjaabs 05-31-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 50370659)
I think Blackhawks fans want to move him for cap space due to their re-signing of Oduya.

Not most of us. It seems many fans of other teams are assuming we'll dump someone because of this signing.

The YzerJesus 05-31-2012 08:28 PM

Lightning will take him. What do the Hawks need?

SIDGENO8771 05-31-2012 08:32 PM

Martin + Tangradi

Mr Forever 05-31-2012 08:32 PM

Gagner?

TorstenFrings 05-31-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 50371791)
Gagner?

Overpayment.

lakai17 05-31-2012 08:54 PM

Taylor Chorney + 2nd round pick.

BarberioTheBarbarian 05-31-2012 09:14 PM

Tampa offers 19th overall and a 5th rounder

Dionysus 05-31-2012 09:23 PM

Would not be surprised to see Ottawa make a play for him. They need defence and have lots of young forwards on cheap contracts or in the minors.

lakai17 05-31-2012 09:25 PM

is he worth more than Oduya or what's up?

DuckEatinShark 05-31-2012 09:34 PM

If the Sharks fail to land Brad Stuart, Doug Wilson might inquire about him. He has shown interest in Hjalmarsson in the past (remember that offer sheet Hawks fans?:sarcasm:) and we need to upgrade Douglas Murray in our top 4.

Sadly, I doubt Chicago would give us Hjalmarsson for his market value right now simply out of spite.

DJD209 05-31-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus (Post 50370599)
I've noticed that recently, Hjalmarsson seems to be included in every Chicago trade proposal. It seems odd to me to be seeing a 23 year old, 6'3 defenseman with a ring being thrown around so much. Are people just that confident in Oduya, or is there something more to this that I've missed (I admit I didn't see much of the Hawks this year)?

And what is his value to the Hawks? What would they be looking for in a straight up trade?

maybe flyers will take a run at him

hfboardsuser 05-31-2012 10:19 PM

----

ProstheticConscience 05-31-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 50373783)
is he worth more than Oduya or what's up?

Wouldn't think so. Hjalmarsson is one of the more underrated flying-under-the-radar players imho. Should be a keeper in their system unless he goes as part of a package for a better dman heading to Chicago, also imho.

Blackhawkswincup 05-31-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 50371791)
Gagner?

Gagner is not a good fit for Hawks and IMO is more suited as a winger

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 50372489)
Overpayment.

Sending Hammer to Edm for Gagner would be overpayment by Hawks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg (Post 50375789)
I really think this is the best option for both clubs. The Oilers probably add a bit- say a 3rd, or Omark- but the Hawks benefit as much from gaining a passable 2nd line center as Edmonton does defensive depth.

Sure, Sharp's been at C, but he's more suited to the role of triggerman on the wing. Hawks- and other- fans will be up in arms over Gagner not being good enough etc. but really, his vision is his best asset and pairing him with a defensively strong scorer would be a coup. Gagner could also provide an ancilliary benefit in being a friend of- and perhaps stabilizing force for- Pat Kane.

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Hossa-Gagner-Sharp
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Saad-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Oduya
Olsen-Montador

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Lander-Yakupov
Eager-Belanger-Jones

Smid-Petry
Whitney-Schultz
Hjalmarsson-Potter

Again this is not a good option for Hawks ,, And Hammer wouldn't be on Oilers 3rd pairing

Mr Forever 05-31-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

I really think this is the best option for both clubs. The Oilers probably add a bit- say a 3rd, or Omark- but the Hawks benefit as much from gaining a passable 2nd line center as Edmonton does defensive depth.

Sure, Sharp's been at C, but he's more suited to the role of triggerman on the wing. Hawks- and other- fans will be up in arms over Gagner not being good enough etc. but really, his vision is his best asset and pairing him with a defensively strong scorer would be a coup. Gagner could also provide an ancilliary benefit in being a friend of- and perhaps stabilizing force for- Pat Kane.

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Hossa-Gagner-Sharp
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Saad-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Oduya
Olsen-Montador

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Lander-Yakupov
Eager-Belanger-Jones

Smid-Petry
Whitney-Schultz
Hjalmarsson-Potter

Agreed. I wish there was a way for the oilers to get McNeill but it won't happen.

MurrayBannerman 05-31-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 50377385)
Agreed. I wish there was a way for the oilers to get McNeill but it won't happen.

All the #1 picks aren't good enough for you guys? :sarcasm: :laugh:

McTank 05-31-2012 11:49 PM

21st overall from buffalo(via nashville) would add if its actually close to making a deal

lakai17 06-01-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 50378243)
All the #1 picks aren't good enough for you guys? :sarcasm: :laugh:

Edmonton are bringing the 80's back!! :nod:

stryfe604 06-01-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 (Post 50371775)
Martin + Tangradi

They would be trying to unload cap space. Why offer them Martin? Makes no sense.

Tampa offers 19th and 3rd

Hivemind 06-01-2012 01:45 AM

If draft picks (as some are proposing) are actually interesting to Chicago, I wouldn't hesitate to offer the 16th overall from Washington for Hjalmarsson and a 3rd.

If roster players are more of interest, it gets a bit trickier since Washington is in such desperate need of a 2C as well. Jeff Schultz only offers minimal savings ($500k) compared to Hjalmarsson, so I doubt he's a target (though there were rumors about Chicago being interested before they acquired Oduya). John Erskine at $1.75M does offer substantial savings and can still fit in nicely as a physical 3rd pairing presence.

Erskine + 2nd for Hjalmarsson?

lakai17 06-01-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Stalberg-Toews-Sharp
Hossa-Gagner-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Saad-Kruger-Shaw

Re-unite Kane and Gagner and roll with two #1 lines, bring back the London days.

Sarava 06-01-2012 04:18 AM

The Hawks don't need Gagner.

lakai17 06-01-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 50382661)
The Hawks don't need Gagner.

although the Hawks do need depth on defence if big Stan is signing Oduya to a contract like that and should probably keep Hjalmarsson if Olsen's not NHL ready but I'd rather have Olsen in the lineup over Montador.