HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Rangers Interested in Radulov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1201065)

UAGoalieGuy 06-03-2012 05:46 AM

Rangers Interested in Radulov

As per Brooks:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/blueshirts_eye_radulov_k93X44fZ6vNSLiFF0nH9nK?utm_ medium=rss&utm_content=

He basically goes on to say that Sathers talks with Poile is more then just kicking the tires and that Radulov would prefer to play in the NHL next season but coukd go back to the KHL for two seasons so then he would be a UFA one he turns 27 and can go wherever he wants.

Props to RangerBoy for finding the news article and posting it on the Rangers board.

What would his cost be?

RangerBoy 06-03-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 50454949)
As per Brooks:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...s&utm_content=

He basically goes on to say that Sathers talks with Poile is more then just kicking the tires and that Radulov would prefer to play in the NHL next season but coukd go back to the KHL for two seasons so then he would be a UFA one he turns 27 and can go wherever he wants.

Props to RangerBoy for finding the news article and posting it on the Rangers board.

What would his cost be?

Radulov is reportedly "close" to signing with CSKA. They signed his brother Igor a few days ago. Radulov is two years away from group III under the current CBA. Radulov bolts to the KHL again and Poile will never see him again. Why not get something back(2nd round pick) in return for a lost asset? Radulov has a torn meniscus which he will get fixed in Germany. The Rangers get their goal scoring winger. Nashville gets an asset and they can move on.

UAGoalieGuy 06-03-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 50454987)

Thanks, I've been having issues posting links through HF's mobile site.

kp61c 06-03-2012 06:22 AM

well, he obviosly wants to play in nhl and clearly not for preds in the light of recent events. whether all interested parties will come to an agreement is an open question

pld459666 06-03-2012 07:58 AM

Would be a nice pick up for the rangers.

Punxrocknyc19* 06-03-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 50455709)
Would be a nice pick up for the rangers.

depending on the cost...id move a 2ed round pick in a deal for him but no way id move a first round pick.

birddog* 06-03-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 50454987)

Radulov is reportedly "close" to signing with CSKA. They signed his brother Igor a few days ago. Radulov is two years away from group III under the current CBA. Radulov bolts to the KHL again and Poile will never see him again. Why not get something back(2nd round pick) in return for a lost asset? Radulov has a torn meniscus which he will get fixed in Germany. The Rangers get their goal scoring winger. Nashville gets an asset and they can move on.

Poile doesn't need to do the Rangers any fsvors. A 2nd round pick is nothing and I'm sure there are better offers on the table.

BLONG7 06-03-2012 08:26 AM

Torts and Radulov...good stuff, the pressers would be awesome...

x BEUKEBOOM x 06-03-2012 08:27 AM

From Nash:

Radulov
Yip

From NYR:

Fedor Tyutin
Christian Backman

O'wait, sorry, we already spent those chips. :sarcasm:

RyanCallahan24* 06-03-2012 08:31 AM

I'd think Radulov would stay in NHL if he got good money. $5 million per season maybe.

RyanCallahan24* 06-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7 (Post 50455947)
Torts and Radulov...good stuff, the pressers would be awesome...

I'd love to see Radulov trying to hit his new coach (Torts) with his stick :laugh:. Torts would eat him up.

Vitto79 06-03-2012 08:56 AM

tough call as Radulov is talented but may not fit well with Torts

in the end they may have to give it a shot at the right price. Just hope he's not Zherdev the 2nd

CM Lundqvist 06-03-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 50456315)
tough call as Radulov is talented but may not fit well with Torts

in the end they may have to give it a shot at the right price. Just hope he's not Zherdev the 2nd

Better and smarter player, although his mentality might be the same.

Wouldn't give up much for him.

Dactyl 06-03-2012 09:16 AM

i like radulov but torts would **** him up

RangerBoy 06-03-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birddog (Post 50455883)
Poile doesn't need to do the Rangers any fsvors. A 2nd round pick is nothing and I'm sure there are better offers on the table.

Favors? Radulov is no different than another group III. He is not going to re-sign with Nashville. So do they want to get something for him or not? Another team is trading for his negotiating rights. What are negotiating rights worth? He is eligible to become a group III in two years. Radulov will sign with CSKA or SKA for the next two years and come back when he is a group III.

Kershaw 06-03-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc55 (Post 50456627)
i like radulov but torts would **** him up

Or maybe he moulds him into a team player. :naughty:

Oilfan2 06-03-2012 09:32 AM

Hell, if Nashville is just giving him away, the Oil will take him for a 2nd..Slide him to the left wing and we'd have Hall between him and Yakupov...

Hackeybuff* 06-03-2012 09:44 AM

Im thinking that almost EVERY team is willing to take him -assuming Radulov states he is willing to go there.

Canucks offer the Preds a nice package if Radulov is willing to come here and sign a reasonable contract

I dont presume to know what 'reasonable' in Radulov's case is because hes so bipolar in several different situations.

CF Punk 06-03-2012 09:48 AM

I think it will take at the very least 4.-5 to sign him. And that's the bare minimum.

lundy 06-03-2012 09:50 AM

Tough one. Supremely talented, but appears to have a pretty poor attitude. At least that's how he's been portrayed, who knows. However, if that attitude is actually how he is, this will be a disaster. Torts wouldn't handle that well, and the Rangers have a team-first, block shots, do everything to win attitude. Can Radulov have that?

KingJet* 06-03-2012 10:14 AM

Rangers are interested in everybody, I say this summer they should try and acquire Nash and Iginla, that way they add more leadership, skill and vets, plus it makes them a serious contender.

CM Lundqvist 06-03-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingJet (Post 50457703)
Rangers are interested in everybody, I say this summer they should try and acquire Nash and Iginla, that way they add more leadership, skill and vets, plus it makes them a serious contender.

I think we should do that too, plus we should get Stamkos and Weber while we're at it, and then they should all wear Darth Vader helmets on the ice and their uniforms should be black and they should be renamed to The New York Evil Empire.

Homesick 06-03-2012 10:29 AM

1. Runs to KHL
2. Gets benched in the playoffs

What NHL GM would give up valuable assets for him. Talented yes, but he's a waste of space also

birddog* 06-03-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 50456653)
Favors? Radulov is no different than another group III. He is not going to re-sign with Nashville. So do they want to get something for him or not? Another team is trading for his negotiating rights. What are negotiating rights worth? He is eligible to become a group III in two years. Radulov will sign with CSKA or SKA for the next two years and come back when he is a group III.

Somebody will give up more than a low 2nd. Rangers second is almost a third rounder. Not tough to beat and if Radulov is dealt, my point is, someone will easily beat that weak*** offer.

Hodgy OFWG 06-03-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 50456653)

so why would we sign someone who wont even play for us for 2 years. We would be wasting a 2nd if he didnt resign