HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Speculation: Tim Thomas may take the year off? Part 3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1201175)

HooperDrivesTheBoat 06-03-2012 11:54 AM

Tim Thomas may take the year off? Part 3
 
Continue from here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...200293&page=41

Sokil 06-03-2012 11:56 AM

this is what he posted this on his facebook today 17 mins ago...continue

Quote:

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT

Shaun 06-03-2012 11:56 AM

Best of luck to Tim but who is Chia gonna convince to take that $5m caphit?

BeastinB's 06-03-2012 11:57 AM

Why not just retire then? Why have this whole circus going on...It's ridiculous....And this circus won't be over for a long time IMO.

July 1st will be interesting thats for sure...And so will training camp if hes traded.

reidy 06-03-2012 11:57 AM

I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.

Jack Donaghy 06-03-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reidy (Post 50460373)
I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.

:laugh:

Kovi 06-03-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reidy (Post 50460373)
I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.

im sure the "viewership" of that page has increased significantly in the past few days.... someone took marketing 101:sarcasm:

SerenityRick 06-03-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeastinB's (Post 50460371)
Why not just retire then? Why have this whole circus going on...It's ridiculous....And this circus won't be over for a long time IMO.

July 1st will be interesting thats for sure...And so will training camp if hes traded.

He's probably not ready to commit to retiring. Maybe he has every intention to come back after this season?

Trap Jesus 06-03-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerenityRick (Post 50460287)
You lose all respect for him because he chooses to be with family instead of playing hockey? You have interesting priorities, friend.

It's fine not to like him or even lose *some* respect but let us not forget what he meant to this team in 2011 especially.. or his entire ride to the NHL. You know, when people would see those youtube videos and they'd comment "wow, his life should be a movie"

But no, he's losing *all* respect from people over this? :shakehead
Seems silly to me.

I have not forgotten what he's done for the team (best goalie in Bruins history) and respect that, but as for his character... not so much. If this is just some sabbatical he's taking, it's a pretty ****** move to do it at this point. I cannot support or respect that. It is what it is.

SerenityRick 06-03-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trap Jesus (Post 50460463)
I have not forgotten what he's done for the team (best goalie in Bruins history) and respect that, but as for his character... not so much. If this is just some sabbatical he's taking, it's a pretty ****** move to do it at this point. I cannot support or respect that. It is what it is.

To each his own. I cannot and will not flame a guy for choosing family over sport/work.

Gee Wally 06-03-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeastinB's (Post 50460371)
Why not just retire then? Why have this whole circus going on...It's ridiculous....And this circus won't be over for a long time IMO.

July 1st will be interesting thats for sure...And so will training camp if hes traded.

From a Bruins perspective you really, really don't want him to retire.

mashmont 06-03-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reidy (Post 50460373)
I'm just happy he let us know he's going to continue to train using the ARP/POV system.

Don't you find it kind of odd that he advertised for them, but did not say a word about the Bruins or missing his team mates or anything?

And No i'm not saying that he wont miss his teammates or he doesnt like the Bruins. Im just pointing that out.

Kate08 06-03-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gee Wally

oh, c'mon Kate you arent a rookie anymore. You know how this place rolls.
I know. It just sucks. I love this place and hate it at the same time. :laugh:

Quote:


Originally posted by Lockheed301

Yep TT is clearly lying that he wants to spend time with the family an reconnect with whatever religion he belongs to. He has so much to gain by doing so.
I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying that there likely is more to the story than what he put in that Facebook post. There's always more to the story.

Gee Wally 06-03-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 50460359)
Best of luck to Tim but who is Chia gonna convince to take that $5m caphit?

A team that's at the floor and in financial trouble.......or for sale.

SerenityRick 06-03-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Wally (Post 50460511)
From a Bruins perspective you really, really don't want him to retire.

Yep. As mentioned before, the Bruins could still trade his contract to a team looking to get to the cap floor without said team having to actually pay anything.

BrainOfJ 06-03-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trap Jesus (Post 50460463)
I have not forgotten what he's done for the team (best goalie in Bruins history) and respect that, but as for his character... not so much. If this is just some sabbatical he's taking, it's a pretty ****** move to do it at this point. I cannot support or respect that. It is what it is.


I personally respect anyone who stands for their beliefs, regardless if its the popular opinion or not in any situation. I also respect people that realize family is above anything we have in this limited time alive.

cat400 06-03-2012 12:05 PM

The NFL Cleveland Browns' running back Jim Brown, arguably the best back of his era, walked away from football at the height of his career with a year left on his contract.

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...rts/07.13.html

Sound like Timmy has decided to do the same.

Whether he announced his retirement or took the confusing stance he has, the fact remains that the Bruins under the current CBA are on the hook for his last Cap year. Chia and company knew the risks (not fulfilling the contract) / rewards ( winning the Cup) when they gave a 4 year contract to a 35 year old.

As it stands now, it looks like Tim has bigger fish to fry then playing next year and I wish him all the best in his pursuit of happiness.

reidy 06-03-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSeguinn (Post 50460519)
Don't you find it kind of odd that he advertised for them, but did not say a word about the Bruins or missing his team mates or anything?

And No i'm not saying that he wont miss his teammates or he doesnt like the Bruins. Im just pointing that out.

He's an odd duck, that's for sure.

Gee Wally 06-03-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerenityRick (Post 50460553)
Yep. As mentioned before, the Bruins could still trade his contract to a team looking to get to the cap floor without said team having to actually pay anything.

Exactly.
And if that does happen Tim will have stood by his word. Whatever the hell that is.
He will have essentially fallen on the sword. Forfeited 3 million.
He will have believe it or not taken one for the team and gifted them the 5 million hit.

That dirty *******!

:laugh:

Shaun 06-03-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Wally (Post 50460549)
A team that's at the floor and in financial trouble.......or for sale.

Phoenix sounds good.

BeastinB's 06-03-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerenityRick (Post 50460447)
He's probably not ready to commit to retiring. Maybe he has every intention to come back after this season?

Hasek didn't come back how many times?

Not hard to come back and I guarantee it wouldn't cause such a circus if he just said he was retiring cause blah blah...

Instead its turned into a huge circus and ****fest...Totally unnecessary.

You can come back from retirement anytime you want.

SerenityRick 06-03-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat400 (Post 50460605)
As it stands now, it looks like Tim has bigger fish to fry then playing next year and I wish him all the best in his pursuit of happiness.


He deserves that much. People can and will be upset over what this technically does to the Bruins in terms of cap, but I'll never understand the absolute vitriol he's getting as a person.

ed bruin 06-03-2012 12:09 PM

its official

Quote:

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT
https://www.facebook.com/TimThomasOfficialPage

Lockheed301 06-03-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate08 (Post 50460527)
I know. It just sucks. I love this place and hate it at the same time. :laugh:



I'm not saying he's lying. I'm saying that there likely is more to the story than what he put in that Facebook post. There's always more to the story.

There likely is. But I don't need to wait for Haggs, bcbruin or OOG to break whatever the extra stuff is if a small part of it is his family. Family and friends are THE most important thing to me and I totally understand if he feels he has abandoned them a bit. I've been in the Air Force for just 2 years and deployed once for just six months and I already feel that I have distanced myself from my wife, friends and family just by doing my job. Is he trying to force his way out? Maybe. Is he trying to control where he goes? Maybe. Did he just say that at least part of it is personal stuff? Yes he did. I think TT can do whatever he wants to make himself happy. Especially when it comes to his family, friends and even his faith. I guess some folks think a game is just way more important than that.

Kovi 06-03-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSeguinn (Post 50460519)
Don't you find it kind of odd that he advertised for them, but did not say a word about the Bruins or missing his team mates or anything?

And No i'm not saying that he wont miss his teammates or he doesnt like the Bruins. Im just pointing that out.

you know that not everything and every ONE on facebook isnt real, right?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.