HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Eric Cairns fight vs. the Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1201337)

Kershaw 06-03-2012 04:30 PM

Eric Cairns fight vs. the Leafs

Anyone have a video of Cairns beating up on a Leaf player? I believe it was Corson or Tucker.

Doug Height 06-03-2012 04:36 PM

Kershaw 06-03-2012 04:37 PM

Thanks! For some reason this was not showing up on my yt search!

What a great crowd. Corson was a little punk though with that kick near the end. Corson deserved that beating.

Isles Junkie 06-03-2012 04:41 PM

Still can't get over that ****er for kicking Cairns after he got his ass kicked. what a little POS

Kershaw 06-03-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 50469385)
Still can't get over that ****er for kicking Cairns after he got his ass kicked. what a little POS

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Seriously, how much controversy surrounded Corson in his career? I remember reading about the Moginly incident.

Heart of Vukota 06-03-2012 04:52 PM

I was at that game. Bar none the loudest Isles game Ive ever been to.

JTforPres2012 06-03-2012 05:00 PM

Then Corson trying to kick Cairnsy...too bad DP ruined the "Cairns Number 1'' after that fight against Montoya back in the day.

Kevin27nyi 06-03-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 50469385)

The whole Leafs crew deserved a beating after that series, Pat Quinn included. Throw in Colin Campbell for not suspending Roberts or Tucket either.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heart of Vukota (Post 50469693)
I was at that game. Bar none the loudest Isles game Ive ever been to.

If Jonsson didn't get hit from behind by Roberts and Peca didn't get his leg blown out by Tucker then maybe things get better..

I'd kill for an emotional year like that. New ownership, Gm makes moves to get team competitive and they have a terrific first series.

JTforPres2012 06-03-2012 05:02 PM

After watching that fight (smiling the whole time) it made me realize how much I hated the Leafs after that series. So many scums on that team.

JTforPres2012 06-03-2012 05:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZ1zIOYtFw

I don't know if anyone saw this, this was insanity, Cairns going absolutely nuts.

Kevin27nyi 06-03-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 (Post 50470015)
After watching that fight (smiling the whole time) it made me realize how much I hated the Leafs after that series. So many scums on that team.

I still don't like them. I hate Phanuef, I hate the garbage reffing that went on in favor of the Leafs this year. Watching Tavares get crosschecked in the head and get called for diving was facepalm worthy. Grabovski interfering with Moulson to spring a 2-1 and set up McArthur for the game winner.

gordie43 06-03-2012 05:49 PM

ahh memeories. I was at that game sitting in the last row at the top on center ice, boy was the Coliseum rocking that night. I'm playing for this team to becoming an 8 seed so maybe we can have another moment like that.

SLAPSHOT723 06-03-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI (Post 50470171)
I still don't like them. I hate Phanuef, I hate the garbage reffing that went on in favor of the Leafs this year. Watching Tavares get crosschecked in the head and get called for diving was facepalm worthy. Grabovski interfering with Moulson to spring a 2-1 and set up McArthur for the game winner.

More like a throw a baby at the wall and see how long it sticks kind of worthy. I've never been so mad at a call before. Don Van Massenhoven is such a moron.

JTforPres2012 06-03-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 50472669)
More like a throw a baby at the wall and see how long it sticks kind of worthy. I've never been so mad at a call before. Don Van Massenhoven is such a moron.

Then Dougie Weight was absolutely furious, a nice spark of emotion while Fat Cap was on the side telling him to calm down. :help:

puckstopper55 06-03-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 (Post 50470037)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZ1zIOYtFw

I don't know if anyone saw this, this was insanity, Cairns going absolutely nuts.

Wow. He lost his ****.. When was this?

SLAPSHOT723 06-03-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 (Post 50473069)
Then Dougie Weight was absolutely furious, a nice spark of emotion while Fat Cap was on the side telling him to calm down. :help:

Basically. I'm not a Weight fan but Capuano sucks.

JTforPres2012 06-03-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckstopper55 (Post 50478335)
Wow. He lost his ****.. When was this?

The year of the lockout.

OlTimeHockey 06-04-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Height (Post 50469201)

A tough team that had heart, skill, finesse, grit and discipline.

Glad we got rid of that ****.:rant:

Thanks, Charles!

Kevin27nyi 06-04-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 50472669)

That's better put, and I'm serious too.

I don't believe the refs had it in for the Isles *all year* because you see horrible reffing in every game, and it's been very evident in the playoffs for and against each team, so you're lying to yourself if you believe the refs had it in for the Isles specifically all year.

But damn, doesn't it seem like the Leafs have it easy against the Isles?

Islanderfan17 06-04-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Lets not forget Phil Kessel literally standing right in front of A-Mac at center ice and chopping him in the ankles repeatedly with his stick while a ref is literally right next to the two watching it all happen a foot in front of his face.

I never left a game feeling more screwed over by the refs than I did that one, and also the game in Toronto. Never seen worse reffing in my entire life than that back to back.

JKP 06-04-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Now take that basic Leaf hate and imagine you lived in Canada, where all the media originates from toronto and the Leafs are the only and every thing that is talked about. Imagine how much that amplifies your existing hatred?

I despise the Leafs. I hope they never win a cup in my life. I hope "Burkie" keeps driving them into the ground.

Dutch Frost 06-04-2012 03:14 PM

its such a bad example for the children watching the games... I am so glad we got rid of all those hoodlums. :sarcasm:

LongIslandCircus 06-04-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI (Post 50470009)
The whole Leafs crew deserved a beating after that series, Pat Quinn included. Throw in Colin Campbell for not suspending Roberts or Tucket either.

If Jonsson didn't get hit from behind by Roberts and Peca didn't get his leg blown out by Tucker then maybe things get better..
I'd kill for an emotional year like that. New ownership, Gm makes moves to get team competitive and they have a terrific first series.

Those two plays absolutely crippled our chances, however I would argue the Jonsson injury was far more difficult to overcome. No doubt Peca was the teams heart and soul, but Jonsson's absence really stood out. Our lack of depth on the blueline was already an issue before the injury.....we just didn't have the horses to cover his loss.

I am in the same boat my friend, another emotional series like that would be amazing!

Kevin27nyi 06-04-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 (Post 50493373)
Lets not forget Phil Kessel literally standing right in front of A-Mac at center ice and chopping him in the ankles repeatedly with his stick while a ref is literally right next to the two watching it all happen a foot in front of his face.

I never left a game feeling more screwed over by the refs than I did that one, and also the game in Toronto. Never seen worse reffing in my entire life than that back to back.

He pulled the same crap with Hamonic 20 seconds later and Hamonic got the extra penalty for it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JKP (Post 50499795)
Now take that basic Leaf hate and imagine you lived in Canada, where all the media originates from toronto and the Leafs are the only and every thing that is talked about. Imagine how much that amplifies your existing hatred?

I despise the Leafs. I hope they never win a cup in my life. I hope "Burkie" keeps driving them into the ground.

Wow, that sucks, I wouldn't be able to deal with that, especially around the time Simmonds had it out for Tavares and went to the newspaper to tell him to pull a Lindros with the Isles.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LongIslandCircus (Post 50509425)
Those two plays absolutely crippled our chances, however I would argue the Jonsson injury was far more difficult to overcome. No doubt Peca was the teams heart and soul, but Jonsson's absence really stood out. Our lack of depth on the blueline was already an issue before the injury.....we just didn't have the horses to cover his loss.

I am in the same boat my friend, another emotional series like that would be amazing!

The trio of Aucoin, Hamrlik and Jonsson was strong, the three after :help:

A good number four would have been terrific, especially considering how fragile Jonsson was. I don't want to complain too much about it because Milbury did what he could to turn the team around as fast as possible (horrible in hindsight) but going from last to 5th in the East was a nice feat. Too bad he couldn't sustain anything or get the team into the second round.

TeamKidd 06-04-2012 07:49 PM

I was at that game too, i think i still have the white towel somewhere from that game. I went with my dad, I was screaming and cheering the whole time I think my dad half wanted to have me committed after the game cause I was screamin like a mad man. I hated those leafs. What trash. and their coach, fat *******, what a ******. I forget if it was that game, but he refused to put tucker out for the last 10 minutes because he might get hurt. dont write checks your ass cant cash.