HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Kdka's Bob Pompeani to have sit down interview with Coach Bylsma on 6/4/12 at 6pm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1201411)

1pensfan 06-03-2012 06:52 PM

Kdka's Bob Pompeani to have sit down interview with Coach Bylsma on 6/4/12 at 6pm

Ok pens fans what do you want to see addressed concerning our team in this interview tomarrow..

eXile59 06-03-2012 07:04 PM

I wanna hear his thoughts on the big reasons we lost. I hope he takes some accountability without letting the players off the hook either.

ColePens 06-03-2012 07:10 PM

Since Bob lives within walking distance - I will have to slip some questions under his door. :laugh:

1) Why would you EVER change your system from the one that won you a Cup?

2) Why do you over-use the stretch pass?

3) Please explain the reasoning for the worst and passive defensive zone.

Thank you. That will be all.

gordie 06-03-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1pensfan (Post 50473329)
Ok pens fans what do you want to see addressed concerning our team in this interview tomarrow..

He can start with asking "Disco Dan" do you really believe your buddy Tony Granato is that essential to this coaching staff? Can you explain how under Tony Granato your team could have the worst penalty killing unit that the NHL playoffs has seen in quite awhile??

DoctrSteveBrule 06-03-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColePens (Post 50474013)
Since Bob lives within walking distance - I will have to slip some questions under his door. :laugh:

1) Why would you EVER change your system from the one that won you a Cup?

2) Why do you over-use the stretch pass?

3) Please explain the reasoning for the worst and passive defensive zone.

Thank you. That will be all.

if you think its going to be a confrontational interview, you're sadly mistaken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordie (Post 50474141)
He can start with asking "Disco Dan" do you really believe your buddy Tony Granato is that essential to this coaching staff? Can you explain how under Tony Granato your team could have the worst penalty killing unit that the NHL playoffs has seen in quite awhile??

see response above.

gordie 06-03-2012 07:19 PM

I also expect a sugar-coated kiss-his-a$$-fest which is the norm among Pittsburgh sports media types. :shakehead

Sivek 06-03-2012 07:22 PM

Just have to play Pittsburgh Penguins Ice Hockey.

jmelm 06-03-2012 07:24 PM

1) What are the biggest things you have learned as a coach based on this season's disappointing 1st round exit, and from watching the other teams who have moved on. What have you learned, what do you want to change/improve going into next year, etc.

In particular, I want to know what he thinks of the idea that while the Pens have a great "system" and always talk about "getting to their game", there's a perception that D may need to show more of an ability to read, react and adjust change up their game plans/systems during the course of a game or series.

2) How does he envision utilizing all of the players next year assuming everyone is healthy to start the season? Specifically, how/where does he see guys like Jeffrey, Tangradi, Bortuzzo & Strait -- guys that deserve a shot or would be suject to waivers -- fitting in to the team, what roles they will play, etc.

And what does he want to see from those guys to cement themselves as important parts of the team?

Those are the 2 main questions I have, although it would also be interesting to hear his take on why after a great season, Fleury was so poor in the playoffs. I'd say also ask him about why Paul Martin sucked so hard this year, but we can't slander him too much if we want to move him. :naughty:

Skillzz 06-03-2012 07:30 PM

The o/u on mentions of "playing our game" or "playing Penguin hockey" is currently set at 3.5.

Ugene Malkin 06-03-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelm (Post 50474479)
1) What are the biggest things you have learned as a coach based on this season's disappointing 1st round exit, and from watching the other teams who have moved on. What have you learned, what do you want to change/improve going into next year, etc.

In particular, I want to know what he thinks of the idea that while the Pens have a great "system" and always talk about "getting to their game", there's a perception that D may need to show more of an ability to read, react and adjust change up their game plans/systems during the course of a game or series.

2) How does he envision utilizing all of the players next year assuming everyone is healthy to start the season? Specifically, how/where does he see guys like Jeffrey, Tangradi, Bortuzzo & Strait -- guys that deserve a shot or would be suject to waivers -- fitting in to the team, what roles they will play, etc.

And what does he want to see from those guys to cement themselves as important parts of the team?

Those are the 2 main questions I have, although it would also be interesting to hear his take on why after a great season, Fleury was so poor in the playoffs. I'd say also ask him about why Paul Martin sucked so hard this year,but we can't slander him too much if we want to move him. :naughty:

1st. good post.

2nd. Bold: That one is easy. They have too many like'em and he makes the most sense with what they have and you mentioned above.

If DB does read these boards, lack of in game adjustments, and as Cole said, going away from the system that won him his job. It worked and since it has only worked in the regular season with many up and downs and close calls.

"Lets grind these ******* down." has to apply in all zones by the entire team.

Tweed 06-03-2012 07:47 PM

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/...own/Byslma.jpg

Ugene Malkin 06-03-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweed (Post 50475373)

Love that pick, but the grinder needs a Pens logo on it and change out the yellow for vegas gold.

Jacob 06-03-2012 08:14 PM

Pompeani is a cream puff who doesn't understand hockey like most on this forum do, he won't ask questions that we don't already know the answer to.

1pensfan 06-03-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob (Post 50476269)
Pompeani is a cream puff who doesn't understand hockey like most on this forum do, he won't ask questions that we don't already know the answer to.

Unfortunately your probably right.. That's why this thread was brought to light.. Real questions from real fans like yourselves...

OnMyOwn 06-03-2012 08:49 PM

Yea it will be bland and boring.

His ultimate reason will be "we didn't get to our game enough"

Mr. T 06-03-2012 08:55 PM

The Pompeanis and Steigerwalds are like Pittsburgh crime families of awful sports journalism.

HMPens 06-03-2012 08:58 PM

From the commercials, it looks like it has already been taped. I wish the media, for once, would ask questions that the fans would really like to ask themselves. It might make for a more interesting interview than the same old questions that we already know the answers to.

By the way, Rob Rossi is going to be on the Kdka Sports Showdown tonight and he says he might have some Pens info. Can't wait....LOL

JTG 06-03-2012 09:15 PM

Pompeani isn't going to be asking any questions that trap Bylsma. I would imagine most of them will be geared towards the future, and very few towards the past.

1pensfan 06-03-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMPens (Post 50477869)
From the commercials, it looks like it has already been taped. I wish the media, for once, would ask questions that the fans would really like to ask themselves. It might make for a more interesting interview than the same old questions that we already know the answers to.

By the way, Rob Rossi is going to be on the Kdka Sports Showdown tonight and he says he might have some Pens info. Can't wait....LOL

Talking #pirates and #NHL vs #NBA and Kordell tonite on KDKA Showdown ay 11:35 pm ... Oh, and some #pens info, perhaps
3:54pm - 3 Jun 12

SomeDude 06-03-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob (Post 50476269)

Indeed. He'll probably focus on how his summer is going and where he went on vacation.

Master Shake* 06-04-2012 02:02 AM

I want to know why he didnt adapt in the playoffs for 3 years now. Why are our forwards not pounding the other teams dmen on the dump in? Why did Staal not look good defensively in the playoffs?

Why do we not put Malkin and Crosby out on the PK? That one drives me crazy

Why does our pp look like garbage every playoffs? Why not mix it up? Put Crosby behind the net ala Gretzky. Im telling you it suits his game to creep out from behind the net

#66 06-04-2012 05:22 AM

For me the questions that could get by are...

How much freedom do you give skilled players... and when is it to much freedom?

Jmlems 1st question about adjusting.

Bringing up young players?

Who is the best coach he's faced?

Matching up players against the other teams star players?

Malkin or Staal playing wing?

Was he impressed with any gettable players at the WC's?

After seeing anyone and everyone attack Matt Cooke last year, what does he think of this years playoffs?

Stance on fighting?

Going into next year... James Neal... winger for Sid or Malkin?

What led to the complete 180 of this team in the playoffs?

MAF's bi polar nature? Is there a full time goalie coach?

HMPens 06-05-2012 07:05 AM

Here is a link to the report from Bob Pompeani's interview with Bylsma. It goes into more detail than what was shown on the news.

He speaks about trying to keep all three centers, and there's no surprise there.

The part that struck me is the that Bylsma defends Martin and Michalek. It seems the fans, and even Pittsburgh Media, are the only people who are frustrated with them, especially Martin. I don't get the feeling that there is any notion of moving them, and he said they are "good contracts" and would get more on the open market.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...oss-to-flyers/

GrouperTrooper 06-05-2012 07:29 AM

Sounds like the guy still has no clue. "Well Maf had 42 wins, and we have mvp geno and superstar sid, I can't figure out why we didn't dominate."

I wasnt expecting him to call anyobe out, but maybe he could of gone into why he got away from rolling 3 centers in game 6, after it was so effective in 4 and 5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMPens (Post 50539119)
Here is a link to the report from Bob Pompeani's interview with Bylsma. It goes into more detail than what was shown on the news.

He speaks about trying to keep all three centers, and there's no surprise there.

The part that struck me is the that Bylsma defends Martin and Michalek. It seems the fans, and even Pittsburgh Media, are the only people who are frustrated with them, especially Martin. I don't get the feeling that there is any notion of moving them, and he said they are "good contracts" and would get more on the open market.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...oss-to-flyers/

regard 06-05-2012 07:29 AM

Meh Bylsma doesnt strike me as the type of coach to rip guys in the media. Doesnt mean they dont expect better or someones not going to get traded. Hes not in charge of that.