HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Speculation: It is Boyling this time of year. (Offseason Speculation Thread Part IV) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1201589)

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 12:41 AM

It is Boyling this time of year. (Offseason Speculation Thread Part IV)
 
Continue here.

Latest topic: James Sheppard

Feel free to suggest a new title if it is better than this one.

sjshark91 06-04-2012 12:47 AM

Sign Wallin he's the only way we get pass the first round.

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjshark91 (Post 50484821)
Sign Wallin he's the only way we get pass the first round.

Don't forget Kent Huskins.:laugh:

sjshark91 06-04-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 50484861)
Don't forget Kent Huskins.:laugh:

He only got us to the 1st round in 09.

Wallin both years WCF.

it's basic math.

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjshark91 (Post 50484875)
He only got us to the 1st round in 09.

Wallin both years WCF.

it's basic math.

He didn't play that year.

Both years he did play WCF.

Common Sense.

sjshark91 06-04-2012 12:57 AM

Meh, who cares all those teams sucked.

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 12:59 AM

Stanley Cup or bust. If you don't win you lose.

sjshark91 06-04-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 50485099)
Stanley Cup or bust. If you don't win you lose.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

If you aint first you last.

Pardon my French.

Catch me if you can.

It's all apart of the pro-cess.

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjshark91 (Post 50485249)
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

If you aint first you last.

Pardon my French.

Catch me if you can.

It's all apart of the pro-cess.

We can't re-invent the wheel.

He played a whale of a game.

magic school bus 06-04-2012 01:17 AM

To answer the question: "Will James Sheppard ever become a top-6 forward?"

My response: HAHAHAHAHA no.

He's has to prove he's an NHL player first.

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 01:19 AM

Food for thought:

Can Couture be a top line center?

Do we resign Moore, Mitchell, Galiardi, or Winnik?

Is it time for a rebuild or a last ditch cup run?

Who do we trade and for what?

SJSharksfan39 06-04-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 50485417)
To answer the question: "Will James Sheppard ever become a top-6 forward?"

My response: HAHAHAHAHA no.

He's has to prove he's an NHL player first.

I'd like to see him play an actual NHL game even before he proves he's an NHL player. I would love someone explain the signing to me again because signing an investment that gives you 0 return doesn't really feel like a good investment, no matter how cheap it is. They could have used that money on something that could have been somewhat better.

sjshark91 06-04-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 50485449)
Food for thought:

Can Couture be a top line center?

Do we resign Moore, Mitchell, Galiardi, or Winnik?

Is it time for a rebuild or a last ditch cup run?

Who do we trade and for what?

No

No to all but Galiardi

Rebuild

Only way Doug gets players, Nash, Lindback.

Mafoofoo 06-04-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkie551 (Post 50485511)
I'd like to see him play an actual NHL game even before he proves he's an NHL player. I would love someone explain the signing to me again because signing an investment that gives you 0 return doesn't really feel like a good investment, no matter how cheap it is. They could have used that money on something that could have been somewhat better.



There he is scoring a goal in an NHL game. :sarcasm:

TheJuxtaposer 06-04-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 50485915)


There he is scoring a goal in an NHL game. :sarcasm:

Musta taken you a while to find that. :sarcasm:

Ivan13 06-04-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 50486127)
Hardly. Varlamov is going to be very good. Besides, the consensus is that the Avs overpaid. Nobody's gonna make that mistake again.

The consensus that Avs overpaid is because everybody tought they're going to fininsh in the bottom 5 of the standings. As it stands right now they traded away a 11th pick for their goalie for the future and last year everyone was really happy to trade away that 11th pick they got from St Louis for Bernier who's easily a worse and more unproven goalie than Varlamov. I'm happy with that trade, Varlamov looked fantastic down the stretch last season.

I just hope you guys don't mind me posting here on your boards.

TheJuxtaposer 06-04-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 50486235)
The consensus that Avs overpaid is because everybody tought they're going to fininsh in the bottom 5 of the standings. As it stands right now they traded away a 11th pick for their goalie for the future and last year everyone was really happy to trade away that 11th pick they got from St Louis for Bernier who's easily a worse and more unproven goalie than Varlamov. I'm happy with that trade, Varlamov looked fantastic down the stretch last season.

I just hope you guys don't mind me posting here on your boards.

The trade ended well for the Avs, but it could have been very disastrous. At the time, it was major overpayment. (Bernier doesn't impress me in the slightest, as an aside).

And personally, I love having you here. It breaks up the monotony. ;)

Ivan13 06-04-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 50486717)
The trade ended well for the Avs, but it could have been very disastrous. At the time, it was major overpayment. (Bernier doesn't impress me in the slightest, as an aside).

And personally, I love having you here. It breaks up the monotony. ;)

Thanks.

And about the trade, yes it could've ended disastrous, Shreman had a lot of balls pulling it off and he obviously tough that this team isn't a lottery one, if Duchene didn't have as terrible of a season as he had they would've probably made the playoffs.

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 50486235)
The consensus that Avs overpaid is because everybody tought they're going to fininsh in the bottom 5 of the standings. As it stands right now they traded away a 11th pick for their goalie for the future and last year everyone was really happy to trade away that 11th pick they got from St Louis for Bernier who's easily a worse and more unproven goalie than Varlamov. I'm happy with that trade, Varlamov looked fantastic down the stretch last season.

I just hope you guys don't mind me posting here on your boards.

As long as you aren't trolling.

Mafoofoo 06-04-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 50486127)
Musta taken you a while to find that. :sarcasm:

He has more fight videos than he does goal ones. :laugh:

Hatrick Marleau 06-04-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 50489785)
He has more fight videos than he does goal ones. :laugh:

So does Joe Thornton.:sarcasm:

Nighthock 06-04-2012 10:40 AM

I miss Setoguchi



not really ...

Chandrashekhar Limit 06-04-2012 10:52 AM

Hey guys, had a couple questions for y'all.

How was Niemi last year during the regular season, and then playoffs?

I've seen quite a few Sharks posters say they weren't really happy with him, and were throwing him around in trade proposals quite often.

Is Greiss ready to be a starter?

Would you trade Niemi if a good #4 defenceman was coming back?

Just wondering.

NewtJorden 06-04-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 50485915)


There he is scoring a goal in an NHL game. :sarcasm:

Good. Theres only 10 more to find now:sarcasm:

Iron Chef 06-04-2012 11:03 AM

For those who were penciling in Vokoun as a supposed Niemi replacement....

Earlier today, Washington traded Vokoun's rights to Pittsburgh for a 7th rounder. Pittsburgh then announced the signing of a 2 year, $2 million/yr deal for Vokoun.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Vokoun gets $2M per year on the two year deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.