HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospects on the down (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=120167)

pleasemyboy 12-23-2004 03:17 PM

Prospects on the down

Might as well change the subject to something fun.

Prucha - I hear he isn't getting much ice time but his production has been lousy. Don't know if anybody else got their hopes up for this kid.

Balej - I think he is bored playing in the AHL again. Maybe he should have gone to Europe. He's stunk this season

Ortmeyer - Geez. I thought he could score a little in the AHL. He has no offense to speak of.

Giroux - I thought he would rack up at least 45 points this year. Doesn't look like he's a motivated player

Walsh - Man. He's stinking up the joint.

Jonasen - He's coming on but he didn't do what I thought he would so far. I expected more scoring from this guy.

Tawnos 12-23-2004 04:16 PM

Ortmeyer was never expected to score. He simply doesn't have the hands.

Giroux is leading the Wolfpack in goals. He's down?

Walsh wasn't highly touted anyway.

Jonasen is performing as I expected.

NYRangers 12-23-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawnos
Ortmeyer was never expected to score. He simply doesn't have the hands.

Giroux is leading the Wolfpack in goals. He's down?

Walsh wasn't highly touted anyway.

Jonasen is performing as I expected.

Well put.

pleasemyboy 12-23-2004 04:27 PM

Giroux hasn't done jack other then chip in a few goals. Thus why he's been benched. Considering his numbers the previous year, he's not playing well. Walsh has one goal. Please. One goal! JD was telling us to keep an eye on him. I did. He stinks. Considering his numbers last year before he got hurt, I don't know how you could expect Jonasen to do this poorly. He had close to that many goals before he came back. When he came back he did nothing.

Tawnos 12-23-2004 04:38 PM

Giroux is STILL leading the pack in goals. I would hardly say someone on pace for 25-30 goals is underachieving... especially when he's supposed to be a decent goal-scorer.

On Jonasen and Walsh... apparantly I was just more realistic when thinking about these guys.

pleasemyboy 12-23-2004 04:41 PM

After his previous year I think it wasn't much to ask for Walsh to have more then one freakin goal.

Tawnos 12-23-2004 04:48 PM

If it makes you feel better... his assists per game average is exactly the same. He's in a slump. I'm just saying I'm unsurprised as he was not a highly touted prospect to begin with. Eventually, some guys just drop off. I'm not saying we should completely write him off, but to be complaining like this guy was expected to excel on a large scale is kinda strange.

Jonasen has more goals, and 3 less points in 10 less games this season in Tri-City in comparison to last year. He's performing exactly as I expected.

pleasemyboy 12-23-2004 04:50 PM

Remember that when he came back he did nothing for quite a few games. I believe before that he was on a much better pace then this year.

Levitate 12-23-2004 04:51 PM

well aren't you the negative one...

Tawnos 12-23-2004 04:56 PM

Jonasen has 4 goals and 3 assists (7 pts) in his last 5 games.

Taz 12-23-2004 05:01 PM

Giroux is doing nicely, needs to up his assists but isnt playing bad and recently got a 3 goal game how is that decline.

Kovy274Hart 12-23-2004 05:07 PM

LOL... Giroux down? Wtf... may as well say Moore is down too. The Pack don't have one point-a-game scorer. They do it as a team and get different contributors most nights.

And Jonasen is having a good year. He's improved. And remember, he's 6-4 and over 220.

BDubinskyNYR17* 12-23-2004 05:08 PM

I know this is prospects on the down, but one prospect who is playing better than I expected is Joey Crabb. He has 7 goals 8 assists in 18 games and is a + 3. I think he can be a NHL player similar to Kirk Maltby.

Tawnos 12-23-2004 05:12 PM

Goal wise he's having a similar season to last year. He's upped his assists though.

The guy is 6'2" and 185... he's gonna have to bulk up if he hopes to have a chance to make it. Supposedly a strong skater... you have to wonder precisely what was missing to make him a 7th rnd pick. I'm betting there's something lacking in his hands.

Edge 12-23-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I know this is prospects on the down, but one prospect who is playing better than I expected is Joey Crabb. He has 7 goals 8 assists in 18 games and is a + 3. I think he can be a NHL player similar to Kirk Maltby.

Ya know it's funny because if he develops, with his style that is exactly who he has reminded me of.

BDubinskyNYR17* 12-23-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Ya know it's funny because if he develops, with his style that is exactly who he has reminded me of.

Sather drafted Maltby so maybe Sather sees the same type of game, and look how well Maltby turned out to be.

Levitate 12-23-2004 09:43 PM

eh but was it the same scouting staff, etc? i don't think sather goes through all the picks and scouts each one...i just kinda doubt that he personally drafted maltby years ago and then scouted crabb, thought "hey he looks like that maltby guy i drafted" and then tells his staff to draft him

i mean, it could be possible...but i think most of the scouting and drafting is up to the staff that sather hires

BDubinskyNYR17* 12-23-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate
eh but was it the same scouting staff, etc? i don't think sather goes through all the picks and scouts each one...i just kinda doubt that he personally drafted maltby years ago and then scouted crabb, thought "hey he looks like that maltby guy i drafted" and then tells his staff to draft him

i mean, it could be possible...but i think most of the scouting and drafting is up to the staff that sather hires

Yea but Sather drafted Ivan Dornic in the 80's and then his son a few years ago, and they were better players we could have picked instead of Dornic's son.

Son of Steinbrenner 12-24-2004 12:47 AM

I haven't seen this much hate for girox since *****73 posted on this board :)

Bird Law 12-24-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
I haven't seen this much hate for girox since *****73 posted on this board :)

Where the hell has Prucha been, anyway?

Bird Law 12-24-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea but Sather drafted Ivan Dornic in the 80's and then his son a few years ago, and they were better players we could have picked instead of Dornic's son.

Yeah, Dornic blows. Seriously. He's awful. I can't believe he even was drafted.

pleasemyboy 12-24-2004 06:51 AM

I don't hate Giroux. He's just lazy. He reminds me a lot of Matteau before he played for Keenan. You watch a guy with his size move and you expect more production. He barely has any assists this season and has been benched a few times.

Prucha73 12-24-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
Where the hell has Prucha been, anyway?

use your imagination

Prucha73 12-24-2004 05:32 PM

Giroux is not on the down because he was never on the up and it is laughable that some think he will make a good grinder, if you want a good grinder look for Hollweg, Ortmeyer, Murray, Weller, etc.