HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Old Man Martinson is the new Allen Americans Head Coach (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1202853)

Sports Enthusiast 06-05-2012 09:11 PM

Old Man Martinson is the new Allen Americans Head Coach
 
http://www.examiner.com/article/alle...-jason-deitsch

Thank god he's not staying in the E. This is surprising though.

SouthernJ 06-06-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

. Prior to coaching in Chicago, Martinson spent three seasons in Elmira with the Jackets where he compiled a 117-76-23 record over 216 games played.
I'm vaguely amused that the Jackals have apparently become the Jackets. I have no other kind of comment since I didn't see the guy or know anything about him. Just. Jackets.

Sports Enthusiast 06-06-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernJ (Post 50574965)
I'm vaguely amused that the Jackals have apparently become the Jackets. I have no other kind of comment since I didn't see the guy or know anything about him. Just. Jackets.

Well we did sign Craig rivet last year and he had previously jkust played for Columbus. :laugh:

We used to be affiliated with them too.

As for Martinson noted goon. Holds the AHL season record for PIM's.

His teams play fast physical hockey with lots of scoring. Total gong show. His teams almost never miss the Playoffs. This year was his first year in 16 years of coaching. He lost by a tiebreaker of all things.

Steelhead16 06-06-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 50570379)
http://www.examiner.com/article/alle...-jason-deitsch

Thank god he's not staying in the E. This is surprising though.

I thought he might end up in Boise. I was close he just ended up with the other Dallas AA affiliate.

SouthernJ 06-06-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 50577287)
Well we did sign Craig rivet last year and he had previously jkust played for Columbus. :laugh:

We used to be affiliated with them too.

As for Martinson noted goon. Holds the AHL season record for PIM's.

His teams play fast physical hockey with lots of scoring. Total gong show. His teams almost never miss the Playoffs. This year was his first year in 16 years of coaching. He lost by a tiebreaker of all things.

I saw a Jacket come up in a press thing when I searched "Elmira Jackals." Just amused the heck out of me because the first hockey game I saw was Gwinnett versus Elmira, so even my nonhockey previous self headtilted. I saw the aff, too. Not the Rivet bit, just the Jackets.

Oh, so he's actually good at coaching? I don't know -a lot- about hockey yet. Watching playoffs help, but still, a lot of other info to infodump.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.