HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NCAA, CIS, and other college (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Question for UM Gopher Fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=120290)

Pavel 12-24-2004 09:21 AM

Question for UM Gopher Fans
 
What is the artwork on Kellen Briggs' mask paying homage to? Or is it just an original concept. It looks a lot like Steve Shields mask. If it's been addressed on the telecast I must have missed it.

MN_Gopher 12-24-2004 09:46 AM

I think he is trying to respect old time goalies who wore no masks. Thats why he has the ears painted on the side of his helmet. To make it look like he is wearing no mask.

NyCoN 12-28-2004 02:03 PM

This may be a stupid question.(and I could probably look it up myself, but I don't have time)... When is Kellen draft eligable? Or is he already and wasn't drafted? What do you guys think his chances are at playing in the NHL?


Thanks in advance. ;)

johnny cool 12-28-2004 03:39 PM

born in 1983 so he's no longer eligible

chaachie12 12-31-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanlambert
born in 1983 so he's no longer eligible

if he keeps this up he is going to be a hot commodity...should be interesting with all-world goalie Jeff Frazee coming in next year. Hopefully Briggs doesn't leave.

Pavel 01-01-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaachie12
if he keeps this up he is going to be a hot commodity...should be interesting with all-world goalie Jeff Frazee coming in next year. Hopefully Briggs doesn't leave.

I'd like to see Briggs stay too. It really is amazing the talent that will be there next year between Frazee, Wheeler, Stoa, etc. Not that there isn't an abundance of talent there usually.

chaachie12 01-02-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavel
I'd like to see Briggs stay too. It really is amazing the talent that will be there next year between Frazee, Wheeler, Stoa, etc. Not that there isn't an abundance of talent there usually.

It may only get better in '06 with Mueller, Johnson and most likely Okoposo (sp?). Could be a good 4 or 5, but as many as 7 first round picks on one team. I don't know why (other than Geography) a prospect choosing to play NCAA hockey wouldn't play in the WCHA...best hockey by far right now in the NCAA.

fcbarcelona 01-03-2005 09:29 PM

i have a question myself: why doesn't derek peltier get more ice-time? he seems to be a smart defensive player who's also a proficient skater and has some good offensive instincts. he may be small, but id like to see him play more. thoughts?

chaachie12 01-04-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jericholic19
i have a question myself: why doesn't derek peltier get more ice-time? he seems to be a smart defensive player who's also a proficient skater and has some good offensive instincts. he may be small, but id like to see him play more. thoughts?

I think he is on the 2nd defensive pairing this past weekend. He is definately in the top 6. Unfortunately he is #3 on the defenseman freshman trio this year. Goligoski and Hagemo are so good that Derek gets overlooked. He is right there though. I think he is getting regular ice time most games.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.