HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RD Connor Carrick - USNTDP, USHL (2012, 137th overall, Washington) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1203777)

DontTazMeBro 06-07-2012 12:04 PM

RD Connor Carrick - USNTDP, USHL (2012, 137th overall, Washington)

Suppose to go in the 5th round, he was born in my town, I talk to his brother sometimes. I'm just wondering if any of you guys who are good with prospects ever hear anything about him.
Thanks!

AmericanDream 06-07-2012 01:58 PM

could be like a Robbie Russo type player. underrated, smooth, but nothing earth shattering. gets picked up in the 4th to 5th round but blossoms a bit in college and actually looks like a pro player...I can see that with my Orland Park boy here...him and Tynan from the same area, keep em coming South Side Chicago!!

DontTazMeBro 06-07-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanDream (Post 50631303)
could be like a Robbie Russo type player. underrated, smooth, but nothing earth shattering. gets picked up in the 4th to 5th round but blossoms a bit in college and actually looks like a pro player...I can see that with my Orland Park boy here...him and Tynan from the same area, keep em coming South Side Chicago!!

I'm from Orland too!

IkeaMonkey* 06-07-2012 03:14 PM

I'm not from Orland!

And I see Carrick as a borderline late sixth type of player at best. He never really stood out to me at all.

AmericanDream 06-12-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveYouRyanNash (Post 50632703)
I'm from Orland too!

Orland Park is starting to produce some really solid kids, the area is getting better and better with the level of hockey being played at the Edge and Southwest Ice Arena, etc...

still not close to the north side, but baby steps...baby steps...

glucker 06-13-2012 09:18 AM

deleted

SimplySensational 04-24-2013 10:56 PM

Anyone that's seen much of him this year have anything to say about him.

He was pretty good during the development camp, but haven't seen anything from him since. His numbers look pretty good...

AmericanDream 04-24-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 64621729)
Anyone that's seen much of him this year have anything to say about him.

He was pretty good during the development camp, but haven't seen anything from him since. His numbers look pretty good...

has to be a top 6 cadidate for the US WJC team next year. Really improved his overall game and has become an impact type player. love the pick and the kid...he has the potential to be a solid pro player in 2-3 years..

Skinnyjimmy08 10-04-2013 05:41 PM

looks pretty damn good now in NHL I think. Seems to be quite the surprise for the Caps so far. Articles Ive been reading say coaches are real impressed with him and may stay past the 9 game mark. Also, he was drafted out of USHL so he can either play Caps, AHL or back in the OHL. Any chance he sticks in NHL?.. Very impressive OHL stats and has scored in NHL already