HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   2013 Q contenders. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1204411)

IHaveNoCreativity 06-08-2012 02:51 PM

2013 Q contenders.

Before doing the final ranks I am separating each of the contenders based on their rank is certain categories.

Goalies:
1:BLB
2:Halifax
3:Moncton
4:Quebec
5:Gatineau

Between Marcoux, Phaneuf and Larouche, the Armada should'nt have any goalie troubles... They are head an shoulders above everyone else here. Fucale will carry the load in Halifax and come up big when they need him, he's better then Marcoux at this age, and may be better by the end of the year or even now, but the Armada's depth in goal puts them on top.
Dubeau is small, but has big game experience and will be a huge part of the Wildcats success. I think he's better than Brassard, but height plays a factor among pros... I'm not a huge Robert Steeves fan, he will be good in Gatineau, however the above team have better starters.

Defence:
Moncton
Gatineau
BLB
QC
Halifax

Moncton are the deepest team in the league when it's comes to their D, they have about 10 guys who can play in the Q... And thats not counting Matheson... Gatineau made some improvement to what was a solid core, you can flip flop them with BLB... The Armada are probably deeper then Gatineau hear, but the Piques seem to have more impact guys. Halifax and Quebec trail the rest by a fair margin, and will most likely add a defence each at deadline...

Offence:
Moncton
Halifax
Quebec
Gatineau
BLB

Moncton have IMO the deepest offence in the league, and alot of star power, they have good vets and youth, and surely aren't done and will likely look for a Ryan Tesink type play to play on the 3rd line.. Halifax has some very good fire power they get the edge over Quebec due to depth.... Quebec has a gorgeous top 6, Erne, Duclair, Kucherov, Shaw and Girgorenko/Sorensen is deadly... After that however there's a significant drop, but the 5 mentioned can dominate a game on a nighty basis... Hence why they get the nod over the Piques... Gatineau added some good euros, they look to have more high end guys then BLB, which is why they are ranked better... BLB are 4 lines deep, but lack a true star...

Coaching:
BLB
Moncton
Gatineau
Quebec
Halifax

The tandem of JF-Houle and Joel Bouchard worked wonders with a team of no name players... Now with a few name players, look for them to continue to make the most of what they've got... Danny Flynn is a great coach, he's won before and is teaching his players how to do it. Benoit Groulx is one helluva coach, he knows how to get the most out his players and is very good with tactics and may easily be a better coach then Flynn... However I'm basing this on staff... Roy goes at 4 because despite being an ass at times, he still produces great results and knows how to win.. Ducharme is last here due to his lack of eperience.

Overall:
Moncton
BLB
Gatineau
Halifax
Quebec

Taking everything into account, Moncton is the favorite, they are good everywhere, BLB lack star power and could be swapped out with Gatineau, Halifax or Quebec, however their Goaltending, And depth upfront is superior, and come playoffs depth is a factor... Add in the coaching of Matteau, Houle and Bouchard and there's a recipient for success.

Ryan English 06-08-2012 05:59 PM

Gatineau has definitely made some good gains and has a good coach, but i don't see all the new faces gelling that fast.. I think the list right now has to be

1 - Halifax
2 - Quebec
3 - BLB/ Gatineau

and we'll see how Victo, Shawinigan and Saint John rebound, all will still be competitive(ish) despite their losses

RJQuack 06-08-2012 06:08 PM

GAT at 1.? :laugh:

1. Halifax

2. Blainville
3. Quebec

4. Moncton
5. Gatineau

That's basically what you'll get by any Q fan at this day and time.

chrysleraspen08 06-08-2012 06:20 PM

I don't really follow the Q that closely, but I can for sure see Halifax having a good team this season.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 06-08-2012 06:25 PM

After the deals that were made , I believe it will look something like this :

1. Halifax
2. Quebec
3. Blainville-Boisriand
4. Moncton
5. Gatineau

WildcatMapleLeafs28 06-08-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks (Post 50676843)
GAT at 1.? :laugh:

1. Halifax

2. Blainville
3. Quebec

4. Moncton
5. Gatineau

That's basically what you'll get by any Q fan at this day and time.

I pretty much agree with you.

Skylimit 06-08-2012 07:27 PM

Quebec behind BB? :help:

where are the Grigorenko, Sorensen, Duclair, Erne in the Armada team?

:facepalm:

many poeple here don't know what they are talking about...

im agree with WildcatMapleLeafs28 ranking.

IHaveNoCreativity 06-08-2012 09:45 PM

How is Quebec higher ? Who's their D ? Who says Grigs will be back ?

Halifax has a shaky D....

Gatineau, well they have no goalie.... But I think the have a pretty good roster, minus goalies...

I was reading that BLB have a complete team, so I ranked them higher....

And Sorensen will have not played a Q game in almost a year...

Skylimit 06-09-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50682549)
How is Quebec higher ? Who's their D ? Who says Grigs will be back ?

Halifax has a shaky D....

Gatineau, well they have no goalie.... But I think the have a pretty good roster, minus goalies...

I was reading that BLB have a complete team, so I ranked them higher....

And Sorensen will have not played a Q game in almost a year...

Martin Lefebvre, MA-Carrier, Culkin, Gingras ( Roy will upgrade the def this summer)

Sorensen top prospect PPG +++, Grigo will be back to Q or Patrick Roy has very good new top euro prospect on the list.

have good day.

IHaveNoCreativity 06-09-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylimit (Post 50688169)
Martin Lefebvre, MA-Carrier, Culkin, Gingras ( Roy will upgrade the def this summer)

Sorensen top prospect PPG +++, Grigo will be back to Q or Patrick Roy has very good new top euro prospect on the list.

have good day.

I'm not talking about what teams will do this summer, I'm talkin about now.

chsb 06-09-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 50677347)

1. Halifax
2. Quebec
3. Blainville-Boisriand
4. Moncton
5. Gatineau

You can add the Titan at #6 with the trades for Lafontaine and Hynes.

Fel 96 06-09-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50690479)
I'm not talking about what teams will do this summer, I'm talkin about now.

Yeah but you're talking about 2013 Q contenders as the title mentions...

IHaveNoCreativity 06-09-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 50690611)
Yeah but you're talking about 2013 Q contenders as the title mentions...

Solid point.... I'm mean who's the best overall right now.. No summer moves ****... Nothing till it happens.

Patmac40 06-14-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50690639)
Solid point.... I'm mean who's the best overall right now.. No summer moves ****... Nothing till it happens.

Okay so as everything presently stands, Halifax would be first, Quebec would be 2nd, Armada in 3rd, and a coin toss between Gatineau and Moncton for the 4th and 5th spot.

#57 06-14-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylimit (Post 50678853)
Quebec behind BB? :help:

where are the Grigorenko, Sorensen, Duclair, Erne in the Armada team?

:facepalm:

many poeple here don't know what they are talking about...

Erne 55 pts (28 goals) - Paquette 48 pts (33 goals)
Duclair 66 pts (31 goals) - Clapperton 55 pts
Sorensen 9 pts in 8 games - Hodhod 15 pts in 21 games
Grigorenko 85 pts - Tanguy 75 pts
Shaw 41 pts - Lebel 41 pts
??? - Roy 39 pts
??? - Matteau

1) Grigorenko might not even come back
2) The Armada are a much tougher team to play against
3) The Armada will also add two more european players

Quebec has a tiny bit more fire power up front, but they don't have enough depth to compete with the Armada. Both teams are close. I too put Quebec in front of Boisbriand, but I can definitely see why someone would put BLB in front of QUE.

Defense and goaltending are about the same though

Ouellet = Lefebvre
Micallef = Carrier
Picard = Culkin
Bahl/Hoyles/Berube/Gauthier = Fortier/Gingras/Chevalier/Rogers
Marcoux = Brassard

IHaveNoCreativity 06-14-2012 10:38 AM

Also people forget that BLB was supposed to be one of the worst teams last year, they have a great coach who gets the most out of his team. And they bust their ***** every night...

ClemQ 06-14-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 50677347)

1. Halifax
2. Quebec
3. Blainville-Boisriand
4. Moncton
5. Gatineau

i dont see why people place moncton that high. Essentially, they have 5 decent forwards (lets say 6 - since we all know they will add a euro fwd), and no dominant Dmen, or very much depth.

#57 06-14-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemQ (Post 50912209)
i dont see why people place moncton that high. Essentially, they have 5 decent forwards (lets say 6 - since we all know they will add a euro fwd), and no dominant Dmen, or very much depth.

Moncton has a great defense.

Dubeau between the pipes

Saulnier, Saulnier, Veilleux, Lalonde up front + a slew of other kids waiting to make an impact.

They also have the 1st overall selection in the import draft.

If you compare them to Val d'Or, Rouyn, Bathurst, Gatineau, Victoriaville, it seems to me that the Wildcats are probably better than them at the moment (given of course that they draft Nichushkin or a player of that caliber)

RJQuack 06-14-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 50903471)
Erne 55 pts (28 goals) - Paquette 48 pts (33 goals)
Duclair 66 pts (31 goals) - Clapperton 55 pts
Sorensen 9 pts in 8 games - Hodhod 15 pts in 21 games
Grigorenko 85 pts - Tanguy 75 pts
Shaw 41 pts - Lebel 41 pts
??? - Roy 39 pts
??? - Matteau

1) Grigorenko might not even come back
2) The Armada are a much tougher team to play against
3) The Armada will also add two more european players

Quebec has a tiny bit more fire power up front, but they don't have enough depth to compete with the Armada. Both teams are close. I too put Quebec in front of Boisbriand, but I can definitely see why someone would put BLB in front of QUE.

Defense and goaltending are about the same though

Ouellet = Lefebvre
Micallef = Carrier
Picard = Culkin
Bahl/Hoyles/Berube/Gauthier = Fortier/Gingras/Chevalier/Rogers
Marcoux = Brassard

I don't see why you'd want to make some of those comparisons if you're trying to convince people that BLB > QUE.
Sorensen, Duclair, Erne and Grigs kill Clapp, Paquette, Hodhod and Tanguy ainec. The defense and the depth would probably swing BLB's way... But Quebec's offense is up there with Halifax if not better...

#57 06-14-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks (Post 50915327)
I don't see why you'd want to make some of those comparisons if you're trying to convince people that BLB > QUE.
Sorensen, Duclair, Erne and Grigs kill Clapp, Paquette, Hodhod and Tanguy ainec. The defense and the depth would probably swing BLB's way... But Quebec's offense is up there with Halifax if not better...

Quebec has only four good forwards including the main one that might not even be back.

The point I was making is if you compare the rest (Sorensen, Duclair, Erne and Shaw) to the Armada's players it is not that much different, and Boisbriand has way better depth.

Québec's answer to Lebel and Matteau is Etchegary and Poudrier...

Halifax' firepower is just as good as Québec's and the Mooseheads also have depth on their 2nd and 3rd lines.

chsb 06-15-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 50913637)
Moncton has a great defense.

Dubeau between the pipes

Saulnier, Saulnier, Veilleux, Lalonde up front + a slew of other kids waiting to make an impact.

They also have the 1st overall selection in the import draft.

If you compare them to Val d'Or, Rouyn, Bathurst, Gatineau, Victoriaville, it seems to me that the Wildcats are probably better than them at the moment (given of course that they draft Nichushkin or a player of that caliber)

Let's look at that in an angle of Moncton vs. Bathurst:
1st line:
Saulnier-Saulnier-Veilleux vs Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Moncton = 183 games, 88 goals, 132 assists for 220 points
Bathurst = 189 games, 128 goals, 142 assists for 270 points.
40 more goals and similar assists.

2nd line:
Moncton
Lalonde-Robichaud-Penny
183 games, 23 goals, 18 assists for 41 points
Bathurst
Lafontaine-Lalancette-Banville
191 games, 34 goals,66 assists for 100 points
11 more goals and 48 more assists.

Titan 3rd line:
Salvail-Cochrane-Stevens/Kabambi
there is nothing close to that in the Moncton youth.

"Slew of other kids waiting to make an impact" would rather describe what the Titan have coming instead of Moncton....
Titan: Mychael Lyle,Carl Marois,Alex Gosselin, Mason McDonald, Alex Gallant

We are talking here about a Moncton team who just fired their head scout Peter Nevin and it was not because there is a slew of kids waiting to make an impact in the pipeline....on the contrary.

I will give you that you are waiting for your Russian wonder boy to resurrect that failing offense and I hope that he is a reincarnation of last year's MacKinnon...

But failing to acknowledge that the Titan at this stage are quite a bit ahead of them is not watching reality....

The only thing Moncton has of a potentail contender is defense and goaltending and even the defense is missing a true QB....even with the addition of Racine.
Moncton's offense is dismal as they were outscored 22 goals to 8 last playoffs against Halifax even with Hrivik and MacAusland.
As of now, the Titan is first in the Q for returning goals from last year with 202 compared to 142 for Moncton, 194 for Halifax,188 for BLB, 162 for Quebec,158 for Gatineau,143 for Rimouski.
I fail to see that factor thrown in this discussion.
Euro wonders always take a few months of adjustment in NA except for the exceptional few.

If we talk about today, the Titan are easily a top-5 team for next season.

IHaveNoCreativity 06-15-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chsb (Post 50938289)
Let's look at that in an angle of Moncton vs. Bathurst:
1st line:
Saulnier-Saulnier-Veilleux vs Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Moncton = 183 games, 88 goals, 132 assists for 220 points
Bathurst = 189 games, 128 goals, 142 assists for 270 points.
40 more goals and similar assists.

2nd line:
Moncton
Lalonde-Robichaud-Penny
183 games, 23 goals, 18 assists for 41 points
Bathurst
Lafontaine-Lalancette-Banville
191 games, 34 goals,66 assists for 100 points
11 more goals and 48 more assists.

Titan 3rd line:
Salvail-Cochrane-Stevens/Kabambi
there is nothing close to that in the Moncton youth.

"Slew of other kids waiting to make an impact" would rather describe what the Titan have coming instead of Moncton....
Titan: Mychael Lyle,Carl Marois,Alex Gosselin, Mason McDonald, Alex Gallant

We are talking here about a Moncton team who just fired their head scout Peter Nevin and it was not because there is a slew of kids waiting to make an impact in the pipeline....on the contrary.

I will give you that you are waiting for your Russian wonder boy to resurrect that failing offense and I hope that he is a reincarnation of last year's MacKinnon...

But failing to acknowledge that the Titan at this stage are quite a bit ahead of them is not watching reality....

The only thing Moncton has of a potentail contender is defense and goaltending and even the defense is missing a true QB....even with the addition of Racine.
Moncton's offense is dismal as they were outscored 22 goals to 8 last playoffs against Halifax even with Hrivik and MacAusland.
As of now, the Titan is first in the Q for returning goals from last year with 202 compared to 142 for Moncton, 194 for Halifax,188 for BLB, 162 for Quebec,158 for Gatineau,143 for Rimouski.
I fail to see that factor thrown in this discussion.
Euro wonders always take a few months of adjustment in NA except for the exceptional few.

If we talk about today, the Titan are easily a top-5 team for next season.

When you put it like that.... Titan are top 5 Offense... However you didn't talk defense or goaltending...

I will update my rankings and provide reasonings after the import draft.

chsb 06-15-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 50938677)
When you put it like that.... Titan are top 5 Offense... However you didn't talk defense or goaltending...

I will update my rankings and provide reasonings after the import draft.

The Titan will upgrade their defense for next season...they are not done in that regard and so will Halifax,Moncton,Quebec, etc....
So we are not talking here of a team that is 3 miles behind on defensem we are talking of a team returning 6 solid Ds for next season:
Girard
Godin
Fraser
Houle
Robert
Egan
and then we have Gosselin and Doucet upcoming.

I think the Titan are a tidbit underrated in ths category.

With Brennan in goals and rookie McDonald in the wing, LGM insists on saying his goaltending will be OK.
Personally I would like to see a Trudeau type vet added in as a backup.
It is far too early to discard them from the top-5 though and they are clearly in as it stands.
Another thing is that the Ttan are predicting that they will draft twice in the Euro draft and they also could trade for a Shalimov type Euro easily with a 3rd-4th round pick to deepen their offense.

Finally the Titan hold 8 picks in the first 5 rounds of the 2013 draft of which 2 of first round and 2 of 2nd round and they got a determined GM who wants to contend this season.

If I was in your shoes predicting a top-5 topic, I would seriously review this file.

IHaveNoCreativity 06-15-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chsb (Post 50938925)
The Titan will upgrade their defense for next season...they are not done in that regard and so will Halifax,Moncton,Quebec, etc....
So we are not talking here of a team that is 3 miles behind on defensem we are talking of a team returning 6 solid Ds for next season:
Girard
Godin
Fraser
Houle
Robert
Egan
and then we have Gosselin and Doucet upcoming.

I think the Titan are a tidbit underrated in ths category.

With Brennan in goals and rookie McDonald in the wing, LGM insists on saying his goaltending will be OK.
Personally I would like to see a Trudeau type vet added in as a backup.
It is far too early to discard them from the top-5 though and they are clearly in as it stands.
Another thing is that the Ttan are predicting that they will draft twice in the Euro draft and they also could trade for a Shalimov type Euro easily with a 3rd-4th round pick to deepen their offense.

Finally the Titan hold 8 picks in the first 5 rounds of the 2013 draft of which 2 of first round and 2 of 2nd round and they got a determined GM who wants to contend this season.

If I was in your shoes predicting a top-5 topic, I would seriously review this file.

They have a solid D, I'm not a huge fan of their goalies, we'll see what happens.

RJQuack 06-15-2012 12:31 PM

No no no don't buy into his ****

Whatsa matter chsb? Tired of everyone laughing at your posts on the maritime board so you come on here and see if anyone will buy into your Titan ramblings?

You go on and on about how the Titan are superior in every way to Moncton and that the Titan are easily a top five team.... Which is laughable because it's coming from you.

Next you'll try and say the Titan will be a powerhouse in 13-14 :laugh:

It may be a different board, but these are still knowledgeable hockey fans.