HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: All Purpose NHL Lockout Talk: Fehr: NHL season could start without labor deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1204471)

Leaf Rocket 06-08-2012 04:42 PM

All Purpose NHL Lockout Talk: Fehr: NHL season could start without labor deal

Well since it seems inevitable and since I am pretty sure one or another will start a thread sooner than later. Let's make one main one, where everyone discuss it here rather than being scattered. Any article one posts I will add or another moderator will assist me in adding to the Main post.

Let's hope the rumours that Elliotte Friedman said regarding the lockout ending around the American Thanksgiving doesn't happen.

joepeps 06-08-2012 04:42 PM

if thats the case say good bye to 5-7 american hockey teams

ULF_55 06-08-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 50674081)
Well since it seems inevitable and since I am pretty sure one or another will start a thread sooner than later. Let's make one main one, where everyone discuss it here rather than being scattered. Any article one posts I will add or another moderator will assist me in adding to the Main post.

Let's hope the rumours that Elliotte Friedman said regarding the lockout ending around the American Thanksgiving doesn't happen.

Apparently, that date is the first date of the new TV deal in the US. Thus the date has pertinence.

Leaf Rocket 06-08-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 50674173)
Apparently, that date is the first date of the new TV deal in the US. Thus the date has pertinence.

still seems a month or so late from the actual season being started.

headwire 06-08-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepeps (Post 50674103)

How do you draw that conclusion? It seems like you've missed a few steps between a delayed start to the season and the folding of 5-7 US based teams.

joepeps 06-08-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headwire (Post 50676251)
How do you draw that conclusion? It seems like you've missed a few steps between a delayed start to the season and the folding of 5-7 US based teams.

magic 8 ball lol

I didn't realize it was a month only... I thought it was longer hahah

headwire 06-08-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepeps (Post 50676897)
magic 8 ball lol

I didn't realize it was a month only... I thought it was longer hahah

Can you consult your magic 8 ball and tell me if the leafs will win a cup in the next 10 years?

Suntouchable13 06-08-2012 07:11 PM

This league will be a joke if another lockout occurs, I dont care how short it will be. Bettman's #1 priority should be to start on time

mapes 06-08-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 (Post 50678467)
This league will be a joke if another lockout occurs, I dont care how short it will be. Bettman's #1 priority should be to start on time

Can't stress this enough. 3 lockouts in 18 years or whatever it is, is unacceptable. Hasn't he only been in charge for 20? Meaning, on average, we get lockouts every 6-7 years under him?

I'll admit, the 2004 lockout was beneficial and made for a better league (not for us though :P) but now.. it would kill the NHL. Just like NBA having a lockout this year was a really bad time for them to have it. I can bet their ratings suffered (not positive but I personally stopped watching).

blasted_Sabre 06-08-2012 08:28 PM

Im still flabbergasted that they're already giving up even ONE game before the 2011-2012 season has even ended.

Bettman and Fehr should be ashamed of themselves if they do anything but sit in a room together for the next 3 months and get this thing hammered out. Its an absolute joke.

Scoogs 06-08-2012 08:36 PM

If this league and it's players manage to even undergo a 1-day lockout, then it is officially a joke of a professional sports league.

Leaf Rocket 06-08-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoogs (Post 50680561)
If this league and it's players manage to even undergo a 1-day lockout, then it is officially a joke of a professional sports league.

so damn true and it's pissing me off that it's already suppose to be a month delayed.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER 06-08-2012 08:48 PM

I can't understand what Bettman and the owners have to gain from having another lockout? During the last one they claimed victory and ever since then revenues and etc have been going up every year, so what more do they want from the NHLPA?

New Liskeard 06-08-2012 09:36 PM

Negotiations, let alone dates for negotiations between the NHL and NHLPA; have not even been set yet.

Grant 06-08-2012 09:39 PM

I really really really hope that the reason for them not negotiating yet is because they are much closer to an agreement than it seems so they don't need a long time. Sadly, that isn't the case I don't think :(

New Liskeard 06-08-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant123 (Post 50682411)
I really really really hope that the reason for them not negotiating yet is because they are much closer to an agreement than it seems so they don't need a long time. Sadly, that isn't the case I don't think :(

Are the playoffs.

Leaf Rocket 06-08-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Liskeard (Post 50682607)
Are the playoffs.

i get that...but i dont think this is should be a huge block. i mean they also have the GM's meeting during the playoffs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 06-08-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepeps (Post 50674103)

that would be fine

Aplayaz2000 06-08-2012 10:37 PM

dont see y it should happen

Calacatz 06-08-2012 10:55 PM

Nort sure why you guys are calling this a Month? The preseason starts in September, the Season 1st week of October and US Thanksgiving is usually last week of Nov.

This would not be good at all for the league, but to report such a date at this time is a joke. Stirring up media attention. We have no facts on how far the sides are apart on reaching a deal, there is no metric on how long it would take to come to terms and draw up the new new CBA. These details will become more clear after the draft.

I think they will align a lot quicker.

FlareKnight 06-08-2012 11:08 PM

It is frustrating that they haven't even started to talk yet. It's like these groups like missing parts or whole seasons with their lack of motivation. Just hope both sides are smart enough to avoid this turning into another lost season.

New Liskeard 06-08-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 50684591)
It is frustrating that they haven't even started to talk yet. It's like these groups like missing parts or whole seasons with their lack of motivation. Just hope both sides are smart enough to avoid this turning into another lost season.

Of course, because NHL players like not collecting a paycheck durring a lockout season, and NHL owners love paying overhead for their teams when they are not generating revenue. Brilliant.

There is a process. They have not met yet, due the playoffs still being in progress. Bettman, the owners, and the players do not want a lock out, and will certainlly try to avoid it as best as they can. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Leaf Rocket 06-25-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Stage set for start of CBA talks between NHL and NHLPA

This is the culmination of two years of preparation for Don Fehr and the NHL Players' Association – the rewriting of their constitution, the selection of Fehr as executive director, the rebuilding of the organization, the education of both the staff and players, the reuniting of the union.
The NHLPA is holding executive board meetings Monday through Wednesday in Chicago, its last major gathering before labor talks. The staff and about 50 players will discuss issues and strategy, then announce their negotiating committee.

It's time to get down to business. Talks could begin as soon as this week.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--st...rLRapUnIR7vLYF

It has started...FINALLY

Sam Slick* 06-25-2012 08:48 PM

A major concern of mine is the KHL. In 2004 they weren't.....dependable. But now they are officially a force to be reckoned with. If there is a lock out, there will be a mass exodus to the KHL.....I guarantee it.

Many of those players that bolt, will not come back. We may lose some major talent.....including canadian talent.

pooleboy 06-25-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 (Post 50678467)

this. u just brought in a lot of new fans, dont do a lockout again or u will lose more AMERICAN fans to basketball