HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Jonathan Bernier (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1205381)

Nose of Sutter 06-10-2012 05:09 PM

Jonathan Bernier
 
With Quick's stellar season, I believe Bernier has become expendible. Young goalie, still developing, plays a calm hybrid style, I think he needs 60+ games a year to be effective.

One proposal being tossed around would be Connoly from Tampa for Jb, which I would do or look for a similar type deal. If your team needs a young goalie what would you give for him?

IdealisticSniper 06-10-2012 06:18 PM

There's like 4 threads like this.

Nose of Sutter 06-10-2012 06:34 PM

Really? I went back 3 pages and didn't see any. :dunno: my bad then.

IdealisticSniper 06-10-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie (Post 50739811)
Really? I went back 3 pages and didn't see any. :dunno: my bad then.

Not even halfway down the second page. ;)

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204057

tsujimoto74 06-10-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper (Post 50740447)
Not even halfway down the second page. ;)

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204057

To be fair, that's basically a Bernier to TBL thread. There are other teams that would be interested, I imagine, in acquiring him (CBJ? TML? Maybe even FLA or NJD if they're thinking about planning for their current goalies' retirements?)

Rschmitz 06-10-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 50741221)
To be fair, that's basically a Bernier to TBL thread. There are other teams that would be interested, I imagine, in acquiring him (CBJ? TML? Maybe even FLA or NJD if they're thinking about planning for their current goalies' retirements?)

Agreed. I want to see what other teams fans think of him. This deserves its own thread, carry on

mrinsane 06-10-2012 08:15 PM

I can see NJ running after him with a deal involving Clarkson/Henrique++

BarberioTheBarbarian 06-10-2012 08:24 PM

According the LA fans its more than Varlamov.

JMcLeaf 06-10-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinsane (Post 50742597)
I can see NJ running after him with a deal involving Clarkson/Henrique++

No way the Devils move Henrique

Not sure on Clarkson

Docgonzo 06-10-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinsane (Post 50742597)
I can see NJ running after him with a deal involving Clarkson/Henrique++

Done for Henrique, he is going to be a stud. Type of deal I'd dream about when dealing Bernier

Petes2424 06-10-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rschmitz (Post 50742469)
Agreed. I want to see what other teams fans think of him. This deserves its own thread, carry on

If you could guarantee he's a top 15 goaltender, Tampa would do it. Problem is, there's been dozens of guys who come up with the same fanfare and end up producing nothing at the NHL level. He's a wonderful prospect but without really ever showing anything for any length of time, Tampa wont be giving Connolly away for him.

Rorschach 06-10-2012 09:27 PM

This turned from a Value of Bernier thread into Value of Another Bernier Thread thread. :D

redbeard7737 06-10-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 50741221)
To be fair, that's basically a Bernier to TBL thread. There are other teams that would be interested, I imagine, in acquiring him (CBJ? TML? Maybe even FLA or NJD if they're thinking about planning for their current goalies' retirements?)


Not sure why Florida would want him with Markstrom ready to take over. Tampa or Jersey would be a good fit.

Rorschach 06-10-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbeard7737 (Post 50745167)
Not sure why Florida would want him with Markstrom ready to take over. Tampa or Jersey would be a good fit.

Yup. Markstrom is like the forgotten "top goalie prospect" that normally includes Schneider, Bernier and Rask.

GetThePuckOut 06-10-2012 11:44 PM

Maybe Brett Connolly.

TopT 06-11-2012 01:18 AM

Top prospect + 1st round pick

sully1410 06-11-2012 11:26 AM

Jets would be interested if Pavelec leaves.

KingCanadain1976 06-11-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 50759101)
Jets would be interested if Pavelec leaves.

What would they offer assuming he leaves ?

zeus3007* 06-11-2012 12:33 PM

Tampa seems like the most logical fit. A first and a project prospect should be enough.

crazyforhockey 06-11-2012 12:53 PM

Bernier one knock he has to overcome.... hes not a big goalie... which alot of GMs value in the new NHL...ie if a big goalie is still in the butterfly there isnt alot of net to shoot at.

he does have good to very good talent (we have yet to see consistent at the NHL level though)

1st year he came in and three spectacular gms against three good teams two playoff and one that just missed.

2nd year he only started about 10 gms vs playoff teams .901 sv % 6-4 ...3 of those vs Nas

this year only played 5 gms vs playoff teams and LA couldnt rely on him to give quality gms down the stretch(ie fighting for playoff spots)
7gms played.....5 started vs playoff teams 4-1-0 .88sv % again two wins vs Nash





curious as Bernier WILLNOT be a starter this coming year and maybe possibly not the backup on the new team.....this year

what type of return is realistic.....

remmeber he played on one of the most defensive team

Halak(smaller goalie) had a great playoff run.... schnieder played in some of their big games (reg season ) and played in playoffs.

To me he has good upside but its still risky at this stage.

a 4th maybe a third in a small future goalie market...maybe a 2nd if GM is desperate and believes in him wholeheartly......

DontgoZiggy 06-11-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyforhockey (Post 50762371)
Bernier one knock he has to overcome.... hes not a big goalie... which alot of GMs value in the new NHL...ie if a big goalie is still in the butterfly there isnt alot of net to shoot at.

he does have good to very good talent (we have yet to see consistent at the NHL level though)

1st year he came in and three spectacular gms against three good teams two playoff and one that just missed.

2nd year he only started about 10 gms vs playoff teams .901 sv % 6-4 ...3 of those vs Nas

this year only played 5 gms vs playoff teams and LA couldnt rely on him to give quality gms down the stretch(ie fighting for playoff spots)
7gms played.....5 started vs playoff teams 4-1-0 .88sv % again two wins vs Nash





curious as Bernier WILLNOT be a starter this coming year and maybe possibly not the backup on the new team.....this year

what type of return is realistic.....

remmeber he played on one of the most defensive team

Halak(smaller goalie) had a great playoff run.... schnieder played in some of their big games (reg season ) and played in playoffs.

To me he has good upside but its still risky at this stage.

a 4th maybe a third in a small future goalie market...maybe a 2nd if GM is desperate and believes in him wholeheartly......

I think you're way off if you think Bernier can be acquired for that little. The Kings wouldn't move him, theyre happy enough keeping him as a back up for now. I'd be very suprised if he got moved for anything less than a decent 1st round pick (even then i'd be disapointed). George Parros got a 2nd rounder didn't he?

backofthenet 06-11-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyforhockey (Post 50762371)
........

a 4th maybe a third in a small future goalie market...maybe a 2nd if GM is desperate and believes in him wholeheartly......

This is so far off. A 4th? MAYBE a 2nd from a desperate GM?

A couple things.

We know there are teams interested in him. He has been talked about a ton and there is some interest.

If he was just worth a 2nd to a desperate GM, the Kings would not even consider moving him. He would be more valuable as a back up and probably have a target of at least 25 games next season.

He will fetch a solid prospect or a 1st plus. It prolly will not be a Henrique type of player, but I can see a Connolly type of prospect or a low 1st and 3rd coming back for him. At least.

sully1410 06-11-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 50760915)
What would they offer assuming he leaves ?

Honestly...I don't know. A goaltender is important(in my view, you build a team from the pipes out, so that position along with your D is paramount), but in this case I'm not sure if the price would be worth it to the Jets.

There's a number of other teams that would be interested in Bernier, so I could see the team getting him overpaying by alot.

Enstrom would be available, but considering that Bernier is somewhat unproven, LA would have to add.

How much is hard to say ATM. Enstrom only has one year left on his contract, but I could def. see him resigning in LA.

I do believe that at least part of the + could be conditional on that aspect.

I also think that the plus wouldnt be as huge as one would expect if winnipeg was the only team interested.

Probably Bernier + a good prospect and a 2nd. If he resigns a 1st?

Maybe?

I don't know. I tried to think of a player that the Jets would want but I couldn't think of one that the kings would surrender. I see them all as being so instrumental in the teams success. Although I really do like Dwight King, I'm not fool enough to think he's available.

I may be off the mark, but I followed the Brent Burns trade as closely as I could remember.

UniverStalinGraduate* 06-11-2012 02:50 PM

His trade value is pretty limited I'd say.

Jwm1986 06-11-2012 02:56 PM

I've said this before about Bernier and I will say it again....

I am and always have been a huge believer that Bernier will be a Top 10 goalie in the league very soon....I've seen him play many times and have watched him in practice....he just has so much natural talent it is ridiculous....His positioning is superb and his IQ and ability to read plays is already top notch....Combine that with the Kings grooming him the right way (Him wining AHL goalie of the year, etc) and with his now NHL playoff experience (At least practicing with the team)...he is ready to take over a #1 job and he deserves it also....

I've also said it many times that before this year i truly believed that Bernier was our future...Obviously, Quick has turned into a top 3 goalie in the league and there is no way Bernier takes his job, but that's not his fault...Whoevever winds up with Bernier will have a future Top 5-10 goalie who will be with that team for over a decade...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.