HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Recent Flyers Scandals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1205801)

Schenn10 06-11-2012 03:48 PM

Recent Flyers Scandals
 
With the growing trend of the Flyers' media coverage becoming more and more like a reality TV show, and the recent rumor of JvR's hip surgery (or lack thereof) I thought it might be interesting to discuss and rank the biggest Flyers scandals/rumors of the last 3-4 years. The Flyers may not have won a cup since 1975, but they never cease to be one of the most entertaining organizations both on and off the ice.

The options (feel free to mention any others i may have missed / forgotten)

-Howard Eskin reporting JvR possibly delaying his off-season hip injury to avoid being traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets

-Dry Island (and the supposed lack of participation)

-Jeff Carter post-Blue Jackets trade unhappiness staying in Sea Isle (and the reported visit of Rick Nash and Howson to his house)

-(supposedly) Jeff Carter and the former Mrs. Hartnell

-Chris Pronger - Stanley Cup puck stealer

-Mike Richards in 2009 refusing to talk to the Philly media

tryce91 06-11-2012 04:27 PM

alright, let me see if i can re-google old interests in order to establish validity

Beef Invictus 06-11-2012 04:29 PM

I bet I know how this thread will go.

Here is a reminder:

"13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible. "

FreshPerspective 06-11-2012 04:41 PM

These are the last pair of Flyers Sandals I got...:sarcasm:

http://c-product.images.fansedge.com...52-10859-Y.jpg

DeflatedFootball7 06-11-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Invictus (Post 50770895)
I bet I know how this thread will go.

Here is a reminder:

"13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible. "

I'm guessing this is mainly for that ridiculous Potulny rumor from a few years ago? Otherwise this thread sounds like a dud because we won't be able to discuss anything.

orange is better 06-11-2012 05:05 PM

Are we allowed to turn this into a thread of completely ridiculous, made up rumors?

Because I heard that jakub voracek was quitting hockey to enroll in clown school :sarcasm:

Flyerfan4life 06-11-2012 05:33 PM

Psst, i got one for ya..

"Bryz telling the Flyers front office, he was a elite goalie"..

heard this from a credible source..

count down to MOD-edit in 3...2...1 !

Top Cheese Danish 06-11-2012 07:09 PM

How about Briere/Panaccio leaking that the Flyers leadership group had to have a sit-down with Bryz to teach him how to be a "better teammate"?

dingbathero 06-11-2012 07:22 PM

I heard we had the proof, other teams are looking for the pudding.

e5

FlyersMania2 06-12-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schenn10 (Post 50769065)
With the growing trend of the Flyers' media coverage becoming more and more like a reality TV show, and the recent rumor of JvR's hip surgery (or lack thereof) I thought it might be interesting to discuss and rank the biggest Flyers scandals/rumors of the last 3-4 years. The Flyers may not have won a cup since 1975, but they never cease to be one of the most entertaining organizations both on and off the ice.

The options (feel free to mention any others i may have missed / forgotten)

-Howard Eskin reporting JvR possibly delaying his off-season hip injury to avoid being traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets
-Dry Island (and the supposed lack of participation)

-Jeff Carter post-Blue Jackets trade unhappiness staying in Sea Isle (and the reported visit of Rick Nash and Howson to his house)

-(supposedly) Jeff Carter and the former Mrs. Hartnell

-Chris Pronger - Stanley Cup puck stealer

-Mike Richards in 2009 refusing to talk to the Philly media

It's funny to read about the JVR thing because when he rumored to be moved to Toronto around the trade deadline timeframe but had that lingering concussion, he was all over twitter talking about driving his new Audi around.

If you have a "severe" concussion, do you normally drive? (a legit question)

FlyersMania2 06-12-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 (Post 50771753)
I'm guessing this is mainly for that ridiculous Potulny rumor from a few years ago? Otherwise this thread sounds like a dud because we won't be able to discuss anything.

What Potulny rumor? I knew him pretty well, he was a pretty good guy - though he did live with Carter...

qwertysac 06-12-2012 12:38 PM

There was also all the rumors going around involving that porn star that was hanging around the team.

FlyersMania2 06-12-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertysac (Post 50825163)
There was also all the rumors going around involving that porn star that was hanging around the team.

There are pics of her on Richards' lap and Lupul's lap...not rumors, for sure true. I believe the pics were taken from her myspace page

BernieParent 06-12-2012 01:10 PM

A few "well placed" rumours:
  • Daniel Brière has had so many rookies stay at his house, he receives government aid as a licensed preschool.
  • Sean Couturier lost his front teeth biting his tongue while falling to 8th in last year's draft.
  • Sergei Bobrovsky can say more than "Bob" in English.
  • Chris Pronger is not as injured as reports say he is; he is merely hopelessly despondent that the damage from Grabovsky's stick prevents him from traveling back in time to kill Sarah Connor.
  • Matt Carle, as an impending UFA, began "tryouts" for other teams by demonstrating his skill at hitting their players with tape-to-tape passes.
  • Peter Laviolette has been diagnosed with diabetes. As a result, his doctors have advised him to only destroy Diet Coke machines.

FlyersMania2 06-12-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 50826847)
A few "well placed" rumours:
  • Daniel Brière has had so many rookies stay at his house, he receives government aid as a licensed preschool.
  • Sean Couturier lost his front teeth biting his tongue while falling to 8th in last year's draft.
  • Sergei Bobrovsky can say more than "Bob" in English.
  • Chris Pronger is not as injured as reports say he is; he is merely hopelessly despondent that the damage from Grabovsky's stick prevents him from traveling back in time to kill Sarah Connor.
  • Matt Carle, as an impending UFA, began "tryouts" for other teams by demonstrating his skill at hitting their players with tape-to-tape passes.
  • Peter Laviolette has been diagnosed with diabetes. As a result, his doctors have advised him to only destroy Diet Coke machines.


haha...Matt Carle, the offensive defensemen with the weakest, least accurate shot ever.

drownedsailors 06-12-2012 03:09 PM

"Recent Flyers Scandals"...I wasn't aware that this was a gossip site.

Slow off-season I guess.

FlyersMania2 06-12-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drownedsailors (Post 50832753)
"Recent Flyers Scandals"...I wasn't aware that this was a gossip site.

Slow off-season I guess.

Today is the longest day imaginable to be a Flyers fan - the media is filled with SC stories or Flyers west stories...

I think we all just needed a distraction.

Hockeypete49 06-12-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schenn10 (Post 50769065)
With the growing trend of the Flyers' media coverage becoming more and more like a reality TV show, and the recent rumor of JvR's hip surgery (or lack thereof) I thought it might be interesting to discuss and rank the biggest Flyers scandals/rumors of the last 3-4 years. The Flyers may not have won a cup since 1975, but they never cease to be one of the most entertaining organizations both on and off the ice.

The options (feel free to mention any others i may have missed / forgotten)

-Howard Eskin reporting JvR possibly delaying his off-season hip injury to avoid being traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets

-Dry Island (and the supposed lack of participation)

-Jeff Carter post-Blue Jackets trade unhappiness staying in Sea Isle (and the reported visit of Rick Nash and Howson to his house)

-(supposedly) Jeff Carter and the former Mrs. Hartnell

-Chris Pronger - Stanley Cup puck stealer

-Mike Richards in 2009 refusing to talk to the Philly media

WTF kind of point are you trying to make? Scandals? I ****ing give up:shakehead. Take some advice and just enjoy life and ignore the little ****. Scandals:shakehead Too funny.

Ryker 06-13-2012 12:22 AM

Wow, just wow.

Beef Invictus 06-13-2012 12:29 AM

This ran its course quickly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.