HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1206123)

Samkow 06-11-2012 09:53 PM

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)
 
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/0/7/e/...on.svg.med.png

Robert 06-11-2012 09:56 PM

JHC.... it's the last of the last, is the cloud going to blow up or what....

Anyway....

For perspective, and I'm confident Pete will agree with me here, if the CBJ fans think they got the hose what do you all think the Philly fans feel?


:laugh:

Matthew 06-11-2012 09:56 PM

How bad are the party tabloid stories of Richards and Carter going to be this year? I hope a lot worse than when Patrick Kane won his Cup.

Renion 06-11-2012 09:59 PM

Screw you all, I'm happy tonight, and wish we had Brown ;)

Also, is this where we talk about our exes?

Robert 06-11-2012 10:01 PM

Congratulations to the LOS ANGELES Kings for not only winning the cup but being the first 8th seed in history to do so!!!

Quick did earn the MVP... he is good dudes.

As for Carter, he had some impact but minimal, the Kings would have won anyway...the reason? Goal tending!

CBJBrassard16 06-11-2012 10:07 PM

No Joke, when Carter had the cup I started throwing tissues at my TV and got in trouble for telling him to go **** himself.

punk_o_holic 06-11-2012 10:12 PM

Carter winning it is like deja vu. After the Oilers lost the Cup, Pronger's agent leaked out that he wanted out of Edmonton. He gets traded to Anaheim and ends up winning the Cup.

I'm not mad though, as long as Vancouver doesn't win, I don't care who wins the Cup. I'm happy for Greene and Stoll, who were part of the losing Oilers team and happy for Gagne and Mitchell.

Halfboard 06-11-2012 10:15 PM

Congrats to the Kings on a truly great Cup run, as the eight seed, no less. Was great to see Quick & Marty have a moment in the handshake line. That's what makes hockey the greatest of all sports.

Oh, and congrats to Jeff Carter & Mike Richards. They got screwed by the GM in Philly; but they now hold the Cup. Karma baby, karma. And yeah, they'll probably tear it up into the wee hours. Good for them.

punk_o_holic 06-11-2012 10:22 PM

It's funny how life works. Carter and Richards felt betrayed by the Flyers but go onto win the Cup. Kings GM was pissed about the Smyth/Frasor trade and it didn't get over turned by the NHL. Now Frasor wasn't a key player but played in all the games and scored a goal in game 1 of the finals.

Robert 06-11-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfboard (Post 50802389)
Congrats to the Kings on a truly great Cup run, as the eight seed, no less. Was great to see Quick & Marty have a moment in the handshake line. That's what makes hockey the greatest of all sports.

Oh, and congrats to Jeff Carter & Mike Richards. They got screwed by the GM in Philly; but they now hold the Cup. Karma baby, karma. And yeah, they'll probably tear it up into the wee hours. Good for them.

Great post HB... to heck with the CBJ pissed fans, how would you like to be a diehard Philly fan right now!!

Philly is noted to be a goalie graveyard, had they gotten Quick the cup could have been their's years ago.

SuperGenius 06-11-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 50801199)
No Joke, when Carter had the cup I started throwing tissues at my TV and got in trouble for telling him to go **** himself.

This is a heckuva image. Like, one at a time, rapid-fire? or the whole box?

Mayor Bee 06-11-2012 10:34 PM

Even Lebron James finds Jeff Carter to be dishonorable.

FANonymous 06-11-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 50804345)
Even Lebron James finds Jeff Carter to be dishonorable.

He'll probably get his ring this year too. Anything to **** ohio.

Robert 06-11-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 50804345)
Even Lebron James finds Jeff Carter to be dishonorable.

Even Jesus says let those without sin cast the first stone... come on, I thought Kentucky was bad...

:laugh:

Socks 06-11-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 50807875)
Even Jesus says let those without sin cast the first stone... come on, I thought Kentucky was bad...

:laugh:

I've been there. Kentucky IS bad. :sarcasm:

Fro 06-11-2012 11:39 PM

ain't not party like a Carts and Richie party, cuz a Carts and Richie party don't stop!!!

WOOOOO #TeamCarter

Robert 06-11-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinSock (Post 50808493)
I've been there. Kentucky IS bad. :sarcasm:

Louisville is a big city so stuff thar is no problem.. but, go south of the Lexington region and it's a "no fun zone".... As in dry!!!!! ;)

CBJBrassard16 06-11-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 50803425)
This is a heckuva image. Like, one at a time, rapid-fire? or the whole box?

Rapid fire.

Mayor Bee 06-11-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 50807875)
Even Jesus says let those without sin cast the first stone... come on, I thought Kentucky was bad...

:laugh:

Kentucky is bad...it's the only place where no one has any concept of anything in the Queensryche song "Jet City Woman".

After all, no one in Kentucky knows what a jet is, what a city is, and what a (human) woman is..."ewe", yes, "female human", no.

:sarcasm:

FANonymous 06-12-2012 12:11 AM

They've probably never even heard of Queensryche either. I'm more of a "Take Hold of the Flame" man myself. Either that or something off of Operation: Mindcrime, probably "I don't believe in Love."

Robert 06-12-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 50809655)
Kentucky is bad...it's the only place where no one has any concept of anything in the Queensryche song "Jet City Woman".

After all, no one in Kentucky knows what a jet is, what a city is, and what a (human) woman is..."ewe", yes, "female human", no.

:sarcasm:

You and Pete; a "ewe".... our two educated posters.. ;) So sheepish...

eljefe72 06-12-2012 05:46 AM

Congrats to the Kings for winning the Stanley Cup. That's about as a dominating playoff and Cup run as you're going to see, especially from an 8th seed. I don't think they were ever behind in a series often lead 3 games to none.

Double-Shift Lassť 06-12-2012 06:21 AM

I got no beef with Kentucky.

I got no beef with the LA Kings.

I got no beef with Philly fans (save that they're generally scum and I have a hard time feeling sorry for them).

I got a beef with Eff Carter. Classless dbag undeserving champ.

pete goegan 06-12-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 50799613)
For perspective, and I'm confident Pete will agree with me here, if the CBJ fans think they got the hose what do you all think the Philly fans feel?

You're right, I'll be interested to read what their reaction will be.

Matt 06-12-2012 09:00 AM

And to think our number 13 practices his shooting against Quick and Schneider all summer long. how could it not help his accuracy


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.