HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Parking for the parade? Kings fan in San Diego (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1206839)

kings89 06-12-2012 03:07 PM

Parking for the parade? Kings fan in San Diego
 
Hey guys, I'll be making the trip up from San Diego on Thursday for the parade. Can you give me any advice on parking. Do you expect that there will be enough parking in and around Staples Center to accommodate everyone? Also, how early should I plan to get there? Thanks guys! Last night was the best night of my life :yo:

Fishhead 06-12-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kings89 (Post 50835417)
Hey guys, I'll be making the trip up from San Diego on Thursday for the parade. Can you give me any advice on parking. Do you expect that there will be enough parking in and around Staples Center to accommodate everyone? Also, how early should I plan to get there? Thanks guys! Last night was the best night of my life :yo:

Might want to arrive very early, parking is hell around Staples because so many park in the lots around there for work. I'm going to be there before 9am definitely.

Dooney 06-12-2012 05:26 PM

I would take metro link and not worry about parking period.

alphaql8er 06-12-2012 05:54 PM

There will be enough parking in the surrounding areas of Staples. Just depends on how much you want to walk.

Alisa 06-12-2012 05:57 PM

If I end up taking the metro from OC to union station, does anyone have tips on the best way to get from union to staples with public transport?

TonySCV 06-12-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa (Post 50842925)
If I end up taking the metro from OC to union station, does anyone have tips on the best way to get from union to staples with public transport?

Get on the metro red line subway at Union Station, take it to 7th St. Metro, and exit. Maybe 3 or 4 stops total. Drops you at 7th and Figueroa. Walk 3 long blocks (10-15 minutes) and you're at Staples Center. Easy as can be.

Alternatively you can transfer at 7th St. to the Blue line and go one stop to Pico whcih drops you off right by Staples, but the time spent transferring is the same as just walking from 7th street. If you're able-bodied, just skip the blue line transfer.

Alisa 06-12-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 50842991)
Get on the metro red line subway at Union Station, take it to 7th St. Metro, and exit. Maybe 3 or 4 stops total. Drops you at 7th and Figueroa. Walk 3 long blocks (10-15 minutes) and you're at Staples Center. Easy as can be.

Alternatively you can transfer at 7th St. to the Blue line and go one stop to Pico whcih drops you off right by Staples, but the time spent transferring is the same as just walking from 7th street. If you're able-bodied, just skip the blue line transfer.

Seems pretty simple. I'm close to a train station in OC, and I'm guessing with parking and traffic it would be much easier to do metro. Thanks for the help :)

alphaql8er 06-12-2012 07:10 PM

The E Dash is also across the street on Flower from the 7th St Metro exit and for $.50 they will get you close to Staples, though not sure what their stops will be since their route will be affected by the parade.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.