HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Several Norfolk Admirals players recognized in HF Prospect Awards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1206893)

HF Article 06-12-2012 04:45 PM

Several Norfolk Admirals players recognized in HF Prospect Awards

Though the Tampa Bay Lightning fell well short of an NHL playoff berth, many of the players affiliated with the organization still enjoyed a successful 2011-12 season. The greatest success was felt at the AHL level, where the Norfolk Admirals marched through the Calder Cup playoffs to a championship, posting a 15-3 record in the process and dominating the opposition at seemingly every turn.

Breakout Player for 2011-12: Cory Conacher, LW, Norfolk Admirals (AHL)

The undersized forward who never stops won an AHL contract in training camp and proceeded to make believers out of everyone. The AHL MVP and Rookie of the Year led the league in scoring (80 points in 75 games) and chugged over the hill to find an NHL two-way deal waiting for him in March.… read more

More...

HoseEmDown 06-12-2012 09:00 PM

I can't complain with anything except the have Palat as an underachiever. He was a 7th round pick it's amazing he even got a contract or made the AHL. He looked damn good in the finals and can play in all situations. I guess if he's the underachiever it must mean we don't have any bad prospects.

chasespace 06-12-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 50850161)
I can't complain with anything except the have Palat as an underachiever. He was a 7th round pick it's amazing he even got a contract or made the AHL. He looked damn good in the finals and can play in all situations. I guess if he's the underachiever it must mean we don't have any bad prospects.

I agree with this. Landry and Milan were much more disappointing than Palat.

TheDaysOf 04 06-12-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 50850161)

They weren't even going to draft Palat. They were planning on him being one of the top players on their invite list for the rookie tournament. When we were able to trade MA Pouliot for that extra 7th rounder, they just decided to grab and claim him rather than fight with other teams for an invitation.

I'd go with Milan as most disappointing.

Vasilevskiy 06-13-2012 04:49 AM

Palat underachiever? wtf

IdealisticSniper 06-13-2012 06:51 PM

I wish I could be an underachiever.