HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Soo Greyhounds 2012-13 Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1207335)

PacoSanchez15 06-13-2012 01:01 PM

*OFFICIAL* Soo Greyhounds 2012-13 Season Thread
 
Thought someone else would have started this by now.

Lineup as far as I can tell right now will be something along the lines of:

Broll - Cousins - Fritsch
Alderson - McCann - Schumacher
Petaccio - Quesnele - Postarious
- Halagian -

Forwards that are bubble guys or trade bait: Durocher, Morgan, Staples, Jambrosich, Kirkup

Losing Findlay hurts the offense a bit, can't expect McCann will match his numbers in his rookie season but depending on his ice time 40 points shouldn't be out of the question. I would like to see them get an upgrade on Alderson for the 2nd line LW, whether in a deal or with their open import slot. I expect Durocher to be traded to Sarnia to complete the draft day trade that allowed Dubas to move up and pick Spinozzi.

Sproul - Miller
Nurse - Gudbranson
Spinozzi -

Defenseman that are bubble guys or trade bait: Curcuruto, Fuller, Ganly, Turner, Mintz, Clutsam

I don't see where Curcuruto fits in the defense anymore with the addition of Gudbranson. Nurse needs more minutes and you don't bring in Gudbranson to play the bottom pairing. Sproul and Miller played well last year as a pairing. Curcuruto has potential and he may just need a fresh start somewhere else to achieve his potential.

Murray
Nichols

scotty171 06-13-2012 02:00 PM

I'm not sure if the hounds plan on keeping quenelle alderson as OA's. The only OA they have committed to is miller.

Some other young guys that looked good at rookie camp and could push for a spot up front are maness, Milan, Hellmuth, and shiller.

I think there still could be a few moves to be made yet.... And the hounds should get a good player in the import draft.

PacoSanchez15 06-13-2012 02:11 PM

You may be right, Dubas has said that they may only go with 1 or 2 OA's this year.

I'd like to see Alderson back, he quietly had a decent season and played well in the 3rd line role but can move up if injuries occur. Quesnele is coming off shoulder surgery but he could be a decent shut down 3rd line C however I wouldn't be sad if they gave Halagian that opportunity.

scotty171 06-13-2012 02:30 PM

I agree with you about alderson and quesnele but with a potential NHL lockout looming there could be some very good OA's available.

It will be interesting to see how everything works out at centre. Halagian jambrosich petaccio kirkup Milan McCann can all play centre.

mag1600 06-15-2012 04:48 PM

Hounds Deep on the Blueline
 
I think that Hounds are rather deep on the blueline but are still in need of a skilled OFFENSIVE forward. Hopefully GM Dubas can acquire one for this year's edition of the Hounds.

SocksNjocks 06-19-2012 05:52 PM

I think dubas has something up his sleeve this season

PacoSanchez15 06-22-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocksNjocks (Post 51098267)
I think dubas has something up his sleeve this season

I would imagine Curcuruto being dealt for some help up front, the numbers suggest he doesn't have a spot in the top 4 anymore. In my opinion he has been surpassed by Nurse, but maybe a change of scenery will do him good and he'll turn his OHL career around.

Still expecting another trade with Sarnia to go through to complete the draft day deal that allowed Dubas to move up and pick Spinozzi. Someone on twitter said an OA would be going to Sarnia so that would be one of Alderson, Quesnele, Durocher or Miller. Durocher is my guess.

SocksNjocks 06-22-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacoSanchez15 (Post 51257969)
I would imagine Curcuruto being dealt for some help up front, the numbers suggest he doesn't have a spot in the top 4 anymore. In my opinion he has been surpassed by Nurse, but maybe a change of scenery will do him good and he'll turn his OHL career around.

Still expecting another trade with Sarnia to go through to complete the draft day deal that allowed Dubas to move up and pick Spinozzi. Someone on twitter said an OA would be going to Sarnia so that would be one of Alderson, Quesnele, Durocher or Miller. Durocher is my guess.

Curcuruto is too solid on the back end. They need him

PacoSanchez15 06-22-2012 11:28 PM

Who's he playing over?

Sproul? No
Miller? No
Nurse? No
Gudbranson? No

Let's be honest, Curcuruto regressed last year. Was it an off year? Maybe, but he's worth more in a trade than on their blueline playing 3rd pairing minutes. Spinozzi should make the team and then they have a bunch of guys competing for those last two spots (Ganly, Turner, Fuller, Mintz, Clutsam) that unfortunately make dealing Curcuruto more likely than not in my opinion.

scotty171 06-23-2012 10:08 PM

Well with miller being drafted by LA today his chances of returning are greatly diminished.

NHL Fanatic 06-27-2012 10:08 AM

Good pick by the Soo to grab Sergei Tolchinsky

PacoSanchez15 06-27-2012 10:43 AM

I like the pick, any idea if he's looking to come over this season?

Tigers1992 06-27-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty171 (Post 51425509)
Well with miller being drafted by LA today his chances of returning are greatly diminished.

He is either in the OHL next year or the NHL. There are no doubt about his destination next year.

Crottenham 06-27-2012 01:59 PM

Personally, I think there may come a time sooner than later when a Canadian decides the money in the KHL is attractive if he can't play in the NHL and the CHL is the only current alternative.

scotty171 06-27-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 51606481)
He is either in the OHL next year or the NHL. There are no doubt about his destination next year.

Why can't he play in the AHL next year?? He will be an OA?

Tigers1992 06-27-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty171 (Post 51608697)
Why can't he play in the AHL next year?? He will be an OA?

Your right, my mistake. He will be an OA next year.

He will be in the Soo, LA already has 14 defenceman signed for next year.

PacoSanchez15 06-27-2012 04:25 PM

Dubas did an interview with Yahoo and there is no guarantee Tolchinsky is reporting. Sounds like he took the BPA and will try and recruit him.

Last resort will be to trade his rights to another team if he's willing to come over just not to the Hounds (i.e. Landeskog).

Quote:

"The next step will be talk with Igor, get an idea for where they are," Dubas said. "We had heard that [Nikita] Zadorov [whom London took at No. 9] and Tolchinsky had interest in coming over. Of course they always have the option of signing back home with the club that owns their rights. We'll have those conversations and will probably have to do some recruiting."
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...171055887.html

Principal14 07-10-2012 11:25 AM

Who will be the OA players this year?
 
How strong does the defence look to be this year?

PacoSanchez15 07-25-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Principal14 (Post 52376897)
How strong does the defence look to be this year?

OA's haven't been decided yet. The only one that was told he definitely had a spot if he wasn't playing professionally was Colin Miller.

That leaves David Quesnele, Brandon Alderson and Cory Durocher battling for the other 2 spots. At this point I'd keep Alderson and either go with 2 OA's or grab another one in a trade.

The D should be improved over last year. You know what you have in Sproul and Miller. Nurse progressed well last year and hopefully he can take the next step. Gudbranson has to be an improvement over Schwindt and Rogalski. I assume Spinozzi makes the team as a 3rd pairing/7th dman, then they have guys like Ganly, Clutsam, Fuller, Turner and Mintz all battling to make the team.

Question is will be what do they do with Curcuruto?

defensehockey19 07-25-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacoSanchez15 (Post 52939893)
OA's haven't been decided yet. The only one that was told he definitely had a spot if he wasn't playing professionally was Colin Miller.

That leaves David Quesnele, Brandon Alderson and Cory Durocher battling for the other 2 spots. At this point I'd keep Alderson and either go with 2 OA's or grab another one in a trade.

The D should be improved over last year. You know what you have in Sproul and Miller. Nurse progressed well last year and hopefully he can take the next step. Gudbranson has to be an improvement over Schwindt and Rogalski. I assume Spinozzi makes the team as a 3rd pairing/7th dman, then they have guys like Ganly, Clutsam, Fuller, Turner and Mintz all battling to make the team.

Question is will be what do they do with Curcuruto?

Petes need D help! :D

PacoSanchez15 07-25-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetesFan94 (Post 52940991)
Petes need D help! :D

I think they'll hold on to Curcuruto until they know for sure that Miller will be back (he is eligible to play in Manchester), and see what they have in the other guys like Ganly, Clutsam, Fuller, Turner and Mintz,

I just don't see how Curcuruto would want to come back and end up playing in the bottom pairing in his 3rd year. The Hounds need to give Nurse top 4 minutes and they didn't bring in Gudbranson to play bottom pairing.

What would the Petes have to offer? Hounds biggest need is forward scoring. As far as I'm concerned outside of Cousins everyone else is a question mark. Hasn't been much information on Tolchinsky so we could have an open Import spot if Dubas deals his rights to whomever he's willing to go to.

Principal14 07-26-2012 01:49 PM

thanks paco
 
great to know as i will be watching very closely this year, maybe they could pick up a good scoring overager or a good 95 with some upside to help up front, is broll going to put up enough points to be on the first line?

PacoSanchez15 07-26-2012 03:57 PM

There was an article in the Sault Star today that said Alderson has also been invited back to be an OA next year, while Dubas was non-committal on the other two (Quesnele and Durocher).

As for Broll, it depends on which one shows up to camp. He started off well, scoring 9 points in 12 games but then disappeared through most of November, December and January. Then he finished strong with 14 points in 19 games. I do believe he will play along side Cousins but for how long will depend on him.

Principal14 07-26-2012 04:25 PM

interesting
 
http://www.saultstar.com/2012/07/25/...ns-as-overager
good read, thanks again for all the info, would love to see the broll show up like he did at the leaf rookie camp

PacoSanchez15 07-27-2012 10:45 AM

Doesn't sound like Tolchinsky is going to report.

http://www.saultstar.com/2012/07/25/...ling-out-trade

According to the article Larionov would like him to play closer to Detroit so the obvious teams would be Sarnia, Saginaw, Windsor and Plymouth.

In this case I'd like to see Dubas stand his ground and get a good return for him otherwise let him stay home.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.