HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Summer O' Puzzles (#1 posted) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1207439)

DevilChuk* 06-13-2012 02:35 PM

Summer O' Puzzles (#1 posted)

Not to be confused with the Summer of Parise or the infamous Summer of Kovalchuk, I've decided to hold a puzzle/riddle contest this summer. All the riddles and puzzles will be Devils, board or NHL related. I have tons of ideas for some, if you have any ideas or comments, PM me and I'll definitely incorporate them.

Note: Might be a little hard at first before I gauge how many hints, etc. I should include from the getgo.

Rules
  • Every riddle/puzzle will be worth one point. 1st person to get a round correct will receive one bonus point.
  • Answer submissions should be through PM to me, NOT posted here
  • Round will remain open for one day after someone gets the answer correct.
  • You have unlimited guesses per round, but most of the time, you'll know when you have the answer right, so don't bother guessing randomly.
  • Hints will be given out every day (at least). If you are stuck on a round, PM me so I can figure out where people are stuck and post an appropriate hint.
  • Each round will consist of one puzzle/riddle. Sometimes though, they will contain more than one step. Again, answers will be obvious when you have them!
  • This contest is themed. Think Devils history, Devils players, NHL related topics and current events (Draft, Free Agency, etc.).
  • Board bragging rights up for grabs!!

Official Round 1 puzzle now posted below. Hints incoming, post below if you want them!

Title: Regular Ice-breakers

Round #1 hints:
Hint 1- Each clue is made up of three numbers. The first number has a range from 1 to 82..

Leaderboard:

cj225 06-13-2012 02:39 PM

Oh boy...you're stealing njdevfn95's thunder...

DevilChuk* 06-13-2012 03:51 PM

If he wants to run something like this this summer, by all means, I'll step aside.. I was under the impression he hasn't done it in a little while.

BrodeurRULES 06-13-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilChuk (Post 50878179)
If he wants to run something like this this summer, by all means, I'll step aside.. I was under the impression he hasn't done it in a little while.

Ya he has been lazy...........

njdevsfn95 06-13-2012 05:35 PM

I tried this while in London last summer lol y'all *****ed it was too difficult.

I laughed at you while drinking tea with my pinky sticking up.

DevilChuk* 06-13-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 (Post 50882251)
I tried this while in London last summer lol y'all *****ed it was too difficult.

I laughed at you while drinking tea with my pinky sticking up.

oh boy..

well hopefully this isn't too difficult.. but I'm thinking it may be.

Anyways, I'm going to edit in the official round 1 puzzle in a little bit (I'll edit the OP to make sure you know you're working on the right thing).

Will give out a hint tonight if people want (if anyone is even working on it :p )

EDIT: Round 1 officially posted.

apice3* 06-13-2012 07:01 PM

I feel like this has something to do with Petr Sykora.

DevilChuk* 06-13-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 50885165)
I feel like this has something to do with Petr Sykora.

Considering it is Devils themed.. yea :p

Ilkka Pikachu 06-13-2012 07:05 PM

I have no idea what any of this means.

DevilChuk* 06-13-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockie (Post 50885307)
I have no idea what any of this means.

Titles are important ;)

I'll post a hint at 9 pm

DevilChuk* 06-13-2012 07:32 PM

Hint 1 up..