HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OT: Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #9 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1207607)

Chairman Maouth 06-13-2012 06:34 PM

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #9

With a new coach at the helm, Vancouver's championship team begins the 2012 exhibition season at 7 pm tonight at home against the 'Riders.

Wally Buono has no regrets passing B.C. Lions coaching reins

For the first time in 40 years, GM looks comfortable at training camp — and we’re not talking jeans

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Wal...#ixzz1xie5XDtx

In addition, Jarious Jackson is gone and although Travis Lulay is supposed to get a few reps tonight, we should get a good look at backup QB Mike Reilly.

Also...

B.C. Lions veteran Paris Jackson reinvents his game, mindset and purpose

Hobbled by a knee injury and beaten out for his starter’s job, ‘kid from Vancouver’ determined to be role model for teammates and family

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/L...#ixzz1xieRCBf4

Update:

Geroy Simon becomes all-time leader in CFL reception yards on June 29 2012 against Winnipeg. Video courtesy of MAK.

Lard_Lad 06-13-2012 06:54 PM

Looking forward to seeing what Reilly looks like after a year of learning. He was already playing well at the end of the last exhibition season, if he's made much progress since then we should have a solid backup.

WinterEmpire 06-13-2012 09:10 PM

Arland is really going with BRUCE III on his jersey?

Eddy Punch Clock 06-13-2012 09:11 PM

:laugh:

Bruce adds "Bruce III" to the back of his jersey.

He so crazy.

Bgav 06-13-2012 09:17 PM

Excited to see a parker interception

zepps 06-13-2012 09:35 PM

The defensive starters look good. Hoping Yurichuk can hold his own.

Bgav 06-13-2012 09:53 PM

Our team is ****ing stacked

gsharpe 06-13-2012 10:02 PM

I know its preseason but the defence looks intense.

Not overly psyched about Yurichuk in the middle ( I think that position should be filled with your best defender ie. Eliminian, Simpson, etc..) but the front 4 are established, the back 5 are established. The only question mark is the LB crew

Lard_Lad 06-13-2012 10:27 PM

Hard not to be optimistic right now, this just looks like a continuation of the roll they were on at the end of last season. Although the Riders being terrible doesn't hurt...how do you get no pressure on the QB against an offensive line full of backups and rookies?

gsharpe 06-13-2012 10:38 PM

Hell of a catch by Moore at the end of the half. What a receiving core. If Lulay can have this much time all season hes going to put up 5000+ yards easy.

BrickAHL 06-13-2012 10:51 PM

Chris Cuthbert needs to learn that his name is Anthony STEWART NOT Anthony Sanders.

:shakehead

The Nemesis 06-13-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock (Post 50889897)
:laugh:

Bruce adds "Bruce III" to the back of his jersey.

He so crazy.

Maybe I'm out to lunch, but didn't he have the "III" on his jersey back at the start of his career in Winnipeg?

I guess he saw that Robert Griffin had the III on his jersey at Redskins camp and said "me too." :dunno:

also it's hard not to get excited already. Yeah, it's just pre-season, but it's still encouraging as hell.

zepps 06-13-2012 10:55 PM

Reilly looks like he is going to be a solid back up. He looks better than Jackson did against the Ti-Cats tonight.

Laces Out 06-13-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickAHL (Post 50893755)
Chris Cuthbert needs to learn that his name is Anthony STEWART NOT Anthony Sanders.

:shakehead

:laugh::laugh:

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this

Chairman Maouth 06-13-2012 11:08 PM

Jesus. What a thorough trouncing.

gsharpe 06-13-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth (Post 50894395)
Jesus. What a thorough trouncing.

Makes you wonder what you can take from this game. 1 team is challenging for a trophy and another is trying to fill starter spots.

I mean every Lion has looked good. And every Rider has looked terrible.

The Nemesis 06-13-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsharpe (Post 50894529)
Makes you wonder what you can take from this game. 1 team is challenging for a trophy and another is trying to fill starter spots.

I mean every Lion has looked good. And every Rider has looked terrible.

Undefeated season and repeat Grey Cup. Book it. :sarcasm:

BrickAHL 06-13-2012 11:28 PM

What a catch!

:amazed:

kanuck87 06-14-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepps (Post 50893923)
Reilly looks like he is going to be a solid back up. He looks better than Jackson did against the Ti-Cats tonight.

He looks more like a solid back-up to me. Good fluid throwing motion, looks like pretty good arm strength and can make quick reads. I like what i see from the highlights.

gsharpe 06-14-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 50894925)
Undefeated season and repeat Grey Cup. Book it. :sarcasm:

Sweet. Go lions!

Does it mean anything that the Riders suck, the Eskies are using Jyles as their starter, and Calgary has lost Burris?

Its the CFL so I try not to predict anything but it seems like an easy year for the Lions.

y2kcanucks 06-14-2012 12:45 AM

Firstly glad to see this title back!!

Secondly, going home from the game right now. Great game for a pre-season game. Team looks very good. A few kinks but that's to be expected.

We are 2-deep at QB. Lulay is the reigning MVP, and Reilly looked amazing out there. Get him more experience and he will be a solid starter in this league for years to come.

Very excited for the season!!!

The Nemesis 06-14-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsharpe (Post 50896917)
Sweet. Go lions!

Does it mean anything that the Riders suck, the Eskies are using Jyles as their starter, and Calgary has lost Burris?

Its the CFL so I try not to predict anything but it seems like an easy year for the Lions.

It certainly can't hurt BC's chances coming out of the west. I don't think that Calgary suffers from the loss of Burris as much as we might think at first. Tate seems like at least a decent QB, and Burris wasn't always his prime self over the last couple of years. But yeah, the Riders still need to get their **** together and the Esks are going to take a hit without Ray.

Just need the Lions to avoid a slow start like last year.

Royal Canuck 06-14-2012 02:31 AM

Well that was a gongshow. :laugh:

The Nemesis 06-20-2012 07:53 PM

So tomorrow's game isn't on TV? Lame.

I get that TSN has the NBA finals, but TSN2 is showing a re-airing of a Euro 2012 match from earlier in the day. That's just dumb.

digger18 06-20-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 50898103)
It certainly can't hurt BC's chances coming out of the west. I don't think that Calgary suffers from the loss of Burris as much as we might think at first. Tate seems like at least a decent QB, and Burris wasn't always his prime self over the last couple of years. But yeah, the Riders still need to get their **** together and the Esks are going to take a hit without Ray.

Just need the Lions to avoid a slow start like last year.

Tate is a massive upgrade on Burris. That's why he's in steel town. Still unsure the reasoning behind Edmonton letting Ray go though. I'm thinking that Child molester Tillman won't be around the chuck very long if the eskies come out of the gate struggling with Jyles at the helm.