HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Official Offseason Thread (Part V) - "ZP don't take kindly to us" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1207687)

JeffMangum 06-13-2012 09:01 PM

The Official Offseason Thread (Part V) - "ZP don't take kindly to us"

Continue.

No Fehr 06-13-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calle62 (Post 50889497)
Continue.

Not to derail the conversion to much but this is my off season dream trades (NHL 2012 trades if you like) Trade one: Dan Girardi and Brandon dubinsky for Ryan Kessler and a 3Rd in 2013. I know we lose a right D but we then go after Shultz if that does not work go after Suter and if that fails sign both Stralman and Salo. trade two: aa and Nyr first pick this year, 4th and a mid to upper level prospect and the rights to zuke for J. Staal. Pitt then trades Zuke and the fourth for the rights to Radulov. Kessler and Staal both have rumors they would like a change, do either of these trades seem logical?

Lundsanity30 06-13-2012 09:09 PM

so the Rangers get Ryan Kessler and Jordan Staal and only lose Girardi, Dubinsky, and Anisimov? Sign me up.. but you're right, your NHL 2012 and nothing else.

No Fehr 06-13-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 (Post 50889821)
so the Rangers get Ryan Kessler and Jordan Staal and only lose Girardi, Dubinsky, and Anisimov? Sign me up.. but you're right, your NHL 2012 and nothing else.

The Staal trade I figured was a stretch. How about the Kessler trade I have it up on the main board waiting to hear back but van fans did not want a DG for RK straight up. They do want DG for what that is worth

NikC 06-13-2012 09:17 PM

you have to admit, this is a great time of year to be a hockey fan!
i absolutely love the days and weeks leading up to July 1. It falls on
a Sunday this year and I took the monday off from work.

Free Agent Signing Weekend! I hope it's a good one!

DutchShamrock 06-13-2012 09:22 PM

Kesler is more of the same. If that's you're target you would be better served moving Callahan.

In regards to Dubinsky in the Nash trades... Columbus built the trade around him, the want him. That's why he's in those trades.

mti79 06-13-2012 09:23 PM

I think parise is a good player who would fit in well with our style of play. With that said, if he doesn't want to be a New York Ranger than screw him, I don't want him to be one.

JeffMangum 06-13-2012 09:27 PM

Kesler isn't like Callahan. He is a very good and talented a goal scorer. He has an excellent wrist shot and is a force on the PP. He scores in every way. Rebounds, deflections, long range shots. He is the ultimate all-around player. There were rumours that he may be on the outs with Vigneault. If he's made available, the Rangers will look into him.

Lundsanity30 06-13-2012 09:30 PM

CBJ wanted something like Stepan or Hagelin + Kreider + Mcdongh/Del Zotto + a pick at the deadline IIRC.

I would absolutely take Kreider out.

So how about instead of Del Zotto, we include Erixon? Nash for Dubinsky, Hagelin, Erixon, and the 1st rd pick of this year? Dubinsky they like, Hagelin is a player with alot of skill and still very young a cheap, good player to rebuild with, Erixon is cheap to rebuild with. Rangers would be OK with Nash's contract for the next 3 years because Dubinsky and Hagelin's (not having to resign him) contracts would pretty much pay for almost all of Nash's cap hit.

Lundsanity30 06-13-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calle62 (Post 50890537)
Kesler isn't like Callahan. He is a very good and talented a goal scorer. He has an excellent wrist shot and is a force on the PP. He scores in every way. Rebounds, deflections, long range shots. He is the ultimate all-around player. There were rumours that he may be on the outs with Vigneault. If he's made available, the Rangers will look into him.

Yeah, Callahan is my favorite player, but he's no Ryan Kessler.

RangerBoy 06-13-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Rangers general manager Glen Sather and his staff are meeting in Las Vegas starting Thursday to evaluate the market as the team heads into next week's draft and then free agency hoping to add some scoring up front and some more talent on defense.

Blue Jackets right wing Rick Nash nearly became a Ranger at the trade deadline, but Sather wouldn't agree to Columbus GM Scott Howson's steep demands. The Rangers are believed to be willing to part with their first-round pick, No. 28 overall, as well as forward Brandon Dubinsky as the base of any package. Defenseman Michael Del Zotto, a restricted free agent, may also be available, though rookie sensation Chris Kreider is most definitely unavailable after his big playoff debut.

Ducks forwards Ryan Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan could be on the trading block as well, and the Rangers may try hard to pry defenseman Shea Weber out of Nashville.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...itterfeed&qr=1

The Rangers like the two year deal for players like DZ. He is one year away from salary arbitration. Zach Bogosian got 2 years/$5M last summer in the same situation. 2 year/$5.5M for DZ. More offense.

The Rangers can't move this guy without them being sure Erixon is ready for the NHL and they really add another D such as Schultz.

Barbara Underhill 06-13-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 50890789)
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...itterfeed&qr=1

The Rangers like the two year deal for players like DZ. He is one year away from salary arbitration. Zach Bogosian got 2 years/$5M last summer in the same situation. 2 year/$5.5M for DZ. More offense.

The Rangers can't move this guy without them being sure Erixon is ready for the NHL and they really add another D such as Schultz.

We're worried about the Nash trade, can't even imagine what Weber would cost in assets.

Lundsanity30 06-13-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill (Post 50891137)
We're worried about the Nash trade, can't even imagine what Weber would cost in assets.

The Rangers D is a strength (we can use a guy on the back end, but its a strength none the less). It makes zero sense to spend your assets on Webber instead of a goal scorer like Nash.

RangerBoy 06-13-2012 09:53 PM

Bryce Salvador missed the entire 2010-11 season with a concussion. It was a cochlear (inner-ear) concussion.

Quote:

Having made it through a full season without having any setbacks, Salvador now believes he can play for another two or three seasons. He was a key contributor defensively throughout the regular season, but added an unexpected offensive dimension in the playoffs with four goals and 10 assists.

My goal coming off the injury was just to re-establish myself and show that I was back and that I could play and I could be versatile, he said. The first goal is to play the whole season, play all 82 games. That was my main focus. Obviously, the playoffs is an intangible, it just happened. Maybe it brought a little more spotlight on my situation. But the reality is just playing the 100-plus games showed myself Im back and I can play and I feel better than before I missed the season.

I know I can play two, three years now. So just the way I feel, the way I was able to compete out there at all levels. So I think thats more of what Im taking from it, my personal ability to play the game.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...e_with_devils/

Salvador suffered the concussion during training camp in 2010.

Brian Roberts of Orioles returned last night after missing 13 months with a concussion.

David Perron returned after missing 13 months.

Every concussion is different but those three examples of players returning after missing 12-13 months.

This coming December/January will be 12/13 months for Sauer.

Drewbackatu* 06-13-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikC (Post 50890149)
you have to admit, this is a great time of year to be a hockey fan!
i absolutely love the days and weeks leading up to July 1. It falls on
a Sunday this year and I took the monday off from work.

Free Agent Signing Weekend! I hope it's a good one!

They are pretty darn good. All this speculation leading up to the draft and then the free agency signing period. Love some of the suggested deals, rumors, etc around here but you know the old saying, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

HatTrick Swayze 06-13-2012 09:59 PM

Can't imagine the Ducks would deal Getzlaf or let him leave. I also recognize he, like most of the Ducks had a rough year.

But man oh man, that is the type of player that would be a difference maker for us.

BigDaddyNYR 06-13-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze (Post 50891785)
Can't imagine the Ducks would deal Getzlaf or let him leave. I also recognize he, like most of the Ducks had a rough year.

But man oh man, that is the type of player that would be a difference maker for us.

Having him on this team would push this team over the bump. It would be amazing to even dream about him being on this team.

Unfourtanetly I would be extremely suprised if even talks opened between ducks and Sather.

Machinehead 06-13-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calle62 (Post 50890537)
Kesler isn't like Callahan. He is a very good and talented a goal scorer. He has an excellent wrist shot and is a force on the PP. He scores in every way. Rebounds, deflections, long range shots.

Bolded sounds alot like Callahan to me. Cally has a very underrated shot. Not Kesler good, but he's had his share of snipes.

Zuccarello Awesome* 06-13-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 50892029)
Bolded sounds alot like Callahan to me. Cally has a very underrated shot. Not Kesler good, but he's had his share of snipes.

Was thinking the same thing when I read the description of Kesler.

NewYorkRangers89* 06-13-2012 10:24 PM

If Parise don't want to be here then screw him, we need a goal scorer anyway not a guy to get dirty goals in front.

NYR Sting 06-13-2012 10:24 PM

The Ducks couldn't possibly make a dumber move than trading Getzlaf. He's easily their most valuable player. If they are trading someone, it is going to be Ryan, and Ryan, NOT Nash, is who the Rangers should be targeting.

Their free agency target should be Suter. If they can convince Mr. Farm Boy to play here, and then trade Staal or Girardi (preferably the latter) in a package for Ryan, they'll have drastically improved the team without compromising their salary cap situation.

NewYorkRangers89* 06-13-2012 10:29 PM

Trade Staal or Girardi? Who replaces them? Who replaces their minutes?

Barbara Underhill 06-13-2012 10:30 PM

It would be nice if Pitt moved Jordan Staal for a nice but modest return to set the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 (Post 50892961)
Trade Staal or Girardi? Who replaces them? Who replaces their minutes?

I'm assuming Suter since that's who he proposed we sign.

Lundsanity30 06-13-2012 10:31 PM

I agree, the best thing about the Rangers is their Top 4 D, I would only give up MDZ out of those 4 in any deal. Staal, Girardi and Mcdonagh are all untouchable unless I'm getting Malkin or Stamkos.

Lexus Dog 06-13-2012 10:32 PM

Why would you put any stock into what Parise said today?