HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The All Things Parise Thread (Part III) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1207749)

BrodeursCups 06-13-2012 11:42 PM

The All Things Parise Thread (Part III)

Tampering?

The plot thickens!

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

BenedictGomez 06-13-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 50893049)
I really don't like this Wild semi-tampering nonsense. It just feels wrong, you know? It might be legal to the letter of the law, but it definitely breaks the spirit of the rules against tampering. And as we found out the hard way with the Kovy contract, breaking the spirit of the rule can be punished.

I realize I'm out of consensus here being I'm the only one that thinks this can be classified as tampering, but, well, it was aliens........

Look, the information come DIRECTLY from the Wild's owner, the fact that it comes to the media one step removed from the owner is for my money trivial.

This immediately damages the Devils in 2 ways:

1) There is now ZERO chance Lou signs Parise prior to July 1.
As others have said, given recent positive statements it appeared a slight possibility. It's not now. Not when an NHL owner is offering so much money that a guy could "own the team".

2) It will necessarily drive up whatever sum Lou was going to offer
Likely by millions in terms of the total sum.

goalvalchuk17 06-13-2012 11:50 PM

please come back zach. that is all.
/thread

manilaNJ 06-13-2012 11:51 PM

Of all the things Parise said today, these were the most comforting to me:

On whether thereís a chance he will re-sign before July 1: ďAbsolutelyĒ.

On whether heís excited tor free agency:
ďI donít know, really. At one point Iím going to have to pay attention to it. Fortunately the season went long enough where I could put away and not worry about it. But now I guess youíve got to face the music sooner or later. Iím excited about it because itís something as a player, especially your first time, you donít get to do it very often. But that being said, hopefully we can get something worked out here."

It seems that he's ready and willing to get things done before he goes to FA, I'm sure his agent will convince him otherwise, though.

Bleedred 06-13-2012 11:54 PM

Parise's rights were just traded to Minnesota for Josh Harding, the rotting corpse of Heatley, and a bunch of no name guys! Oh and by the way our first round draft picks was also sent over as well with Parise. :sarcasm:

BrodeursCups 06-13-2012 11:54 PM

These next 2+ weeks are going to draaaaaaag by.

Saugus 06-13-2012 11:54 PM

Most comforting to me were the random (and frankly, unnecessary) hints about being here next year sprinkled through every single response he made. Either he's trolling the hell out of all of us on his way out, or he genuinely expects to be here for his next contract.

Literally nothing he said today makes sense unless you make the assumption that he will be a Devil in the fall.

NBC Hockey 06-13-2012 11:55 PM

WHICH ONE WILL ZACH BECOME?

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...jro1_500-1.jpg

CerebralGenesis 06-13-2012 11:56 PM

I like Minny too. Can we file tampering against someone like Carolina instead? ********

Missionhockey 06-13-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manilaNJ (Post 50893765)
Of all the things Parise said today, these were the most comforting to me:

On whether thereís a chance he will re-sign before July 1: ďAbsolutelyĒ.

On whether heís excited tor free agency:
ďI donít know, really. At one point Iím going to have to pay attention to it. Fortunately the season went long enough where I could put away and not worry about it. But now I guess youíve got to face the music sooner or later. Iím excited about it because itís something as a player, especially your first time, you donít get to do it very often. But that being said, hopefully we can get something worked out here."

It seems that he's ready and willing to get things done before he goes to FA, I'm sure his agent will convince him otherwise, though.

Zach's agent will definitely push him to the open market though, regardless of what number the Devils will come up with.

I remember reading in Brodeur's book that Lamoriello had a huge issue with Brodeur's agent. Marty was ok with a certain number but his agent kept pushing him for more and thought that he should demand a trade. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Wade Arnott was the same way.

kiwidevil 06-13-2012 11:58 PM

Don't get too far ahead of yourselves guys.

Anything can happen.

BenedictGomez 06-14-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwidevil (Post 50894045)

Anything can happen

Zach Parise to Dinamo Minsk (e5)

Getzo5 06-14-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwidevil (Post 50894045)

Anything can happen.

Trade for Iginla and signing Doan? Nah, I don`t see that happening. :sarcasm:

CerebralGenesis 06-14-2012 12:07 AM

Sign Semin and Wideman.

Bleedred 06-14-2012 12:09 AM

Parise will have a list of demands in which to promptly be met by July 1st or he will walk.

Apparently two of those demands i've gotten word of are bring back John Maclean as assistant coach in Oates spot with Oates departure impending. Parise is still very angry he was let go, and thinks he was given the shaft, and that it was not fair. And re sign Jamie Langenbrunner by 12:01 PM on July 1st! :sarcasm:

As soon as these tasks are met he will sign right away. If they are not he will promptly go to either Carolina, Minny, or whatever team signs Langenbrunner!:laugh:

kyle evs48 06-14-2012 12:09 AM

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this Minnesota information coming out. Doesn't seem right.

Getzo5 06-14-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis (Post 50894351)
Sign Semin and Wideman.

I`d rather chop my leg off with a pocket knife than to watch Lou do that. lol

Bleedred 06-14-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle evs48 (Post 50894443)
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this Minnesota information coming out. Doesn't seem right.

Why not? Do you honestly believe he would go there? The team probably isn't even at a 50 percent chance to make the playoffs with him there!

They were the best team in the league at one time this year, and a lot of people predicted their downfall. Some people laughed, and low, and behold their dueling it out for 12th place on the last day of the season!:laugh:

I'd be more worried if this was Detroit or something. You know a team that's actually competitive. Besides I'm sure Zids will drill into his head how awful coach Mike Yeo is anyway!

manilaNJ 06-14-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleedred (Post 50894563)
Why not? Do you honestly believe he would go there? The team probably isn't even at a 50 percent chance to make the playoffs with him there!

It's not about him going to Minnesota, it's the fact that this is perfect leverage for Zach's agent to use.
No matter what number Lou sends his way, it can be twisted to look like peanuts compared to what else is out there.

That's all his agent has to beat into his head - that there are better numbers out there and we're pretty much handcuffed from doing diddly squat before July 1st.

That's why it's tampering.

Richer's Ghost 06-14-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBC Hockey (Post 50893951)

when was this photo?

Saugus 06-14-2012 12:24 AM

Some Rangers fans don't believe Parise and his flat, repeated "no". One said he didn't make eye contact, another said he had a "nervous look".

Where do they come up with this stuff? :laugh:

BrodeursCups 06-14-2012 12:25 AM

That photo is at Edison Ale House isn't it?

Getzo5 06-14-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 50894933)
Some Rangers fans don't believe Parise and his flat, repeated "no". One said he didn't make eye contact, another said he had a "nervous look".

You don`t want to hear that, trust me.

BenedictGomez 06-14-2012 12:29 AM

Parise's pricetag might be so high now, that as much as I love Parise, I might not want him back.

I'm not 100% convinced he's the same player as before the injury, and his playoff performance was less than stellar.

BenedictGomez 06-14-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 50894933)

I literally laughed out loud.

That's fantastic material. :biglaugh: