HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Columbus Blue Jackets 2012 draft preview (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1207951)

HF Article 06-14-2012 11:15 AM

Columbus Blue Jackets 2012 draft preview

The Columbus Blue Jackets had one of their most disappointing seasons in recent history, and with the likely departure of Rick Nash, the 2012 NHL Draft could to mark a turning point in the franchise's history. Though they missed out on winning the draft lottery, they should still come away with a top prospect with the second-overall selection.

Top 10 Prospects:

1. David Savard, D
2. Cam Atkinson, RW
3. Boone Jenner, C
4. Matt Calvert, LW
5. Cody Goloubef, D
6. Tomas Kubalik, RW
7. T.J Tynan, RW
8. Will Weber, D
9.… read more

More...

EspenK 06-14-2012 03:17 PM

Interesting article but for the life of me I don't understand how adding Murray as the #2 makes any sense if the D is the strength of the organization. Yes, I know, make it stronger but the offense is a bit of a disaster and I think the jackets need to draft accordingly.

CBJWennberg41 06-14-2012 03:21 PM

Marc Methot is emerging? Since when?

FANonymous 06-14-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF Article (Post 50905477)

The Columbus Blue Jackets had one of their most disappointing seasons in recent history, and with the likely departure of Rick Nash, the 2012 NHL Draft could to mark a turning point in the franchise's history. Though they missed out on winning the draft lottery, they should still come away with a top prospect with the second-overall selection.

What, turning from bad to worse?

Nikita Filatov 06-14-2012 04:11 PM

This Dalton Prout guy seems pretty interesting?

:amazed:

CentreKeeper12 06-14-2012 05:48 PM

I honestly believe that Murray goes number 1 which leave us Nail at 2.

blahblah 06-14-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspenK (Post 50915909)
Interesting article but for the life of me I don't understand how adding Murray as the #2 makes any sense if the D is the strength of the organization. Yes, I know, make it stronger but the offense is a bit of a disaster and I think the jackets need to draft accordingly.

Since the article stated "If this organization had any strength". That's a question not a statement. Since this team doesn't have anything like what Murray could become, from top to bottom, I don't see what the confusion is.

I look at our top 10 prospects and I don't see anything we can skimp at. We might actually look better at forwards even after you promote Atkinson. At least more potential at the ceiling.

I have no issue with their explanation as to why Murray either.

apadilla 06-15-2012 09:25 AM

what to do with the 30th pick

the article writer left out the fact you guys have the kings 30th pick in this years draft, or could pass and take next year's first rounder instead,

what do you think your team might do? draft, trade, or wait til next year?

i can see using the 30th pick if a player you want is still available,

tkeats 06-15-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apadilla (Post 50940923)
the article writer left out the fact you guys have the kings 30th pick in this years draft, or could pass and take next year's first rounder instead,

I think the only way the Kings have a chance at repeating as cup champions is if we decide to hang on to the pick and use it next year

KeithBWhittington 06-15-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apadilla (Post 50940923)

We also have the 31st pick.... Its likely that any player we want at 30 is probably there at 31 too.... That said, some of us are bouncing around the idea of keeping it and using it on the best goaltender available as our goaltending depth thoroughout the organization is in shambles.

KeithBWhittington 06-15-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts (Post 50941397)
I think the only way the Kings have a chance at repeating as cup champions is if we decide to hang on to the pick and use it next year

Perhaps, Although the pick couldn't be lower, how much higher is the big kicker.

Do we use it this year and get one of the better goaltender prospects? Or do we gamble that it will be significantly higher next season. The Kings may not win back to back cups, but a first rounder next season in the 19-26 range might not be all that much better than just keeping it and snagging a good goalie this season.

apadilla 06-15-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts (Post 50941397)

this is funny :handclap:

apadilla 06-15-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington (Post 50941433)
We also have the 31st pick.... Its likely that any player we want at 30 is probably there at 31 too.... That said, some of us are bouncing around the idea of keeping it and using it on the best goaltender available as our goaltending depth thoroughout the organization is in shambles.

hummm, if I were the kings, i'd be interested in dealing bernier to you for 30th and 31st picks,

would this be amicable for you guys?

bizzz* 06-15-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apadilla (Post 50961751)
hummm, if I were the kings, i'd be interested in dealing bernier to you for 30th and 31st picks,

I think Howson could get JJ and Bernier for Carter, but preferred 1st rounder. And now you wanna him to add 31st overall to that pick to trade for Bernier? Never gonna happen.

leesmith 06-15-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

I'd do it.

CBJWennberg41 06-15-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Id do it.

apadilla 06-16-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 50964327)
I'd do it.

Okay, let me get Deano on the phone :yo:

apadilla 06-16-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 50964633)
Id do it.

cool avatar,

a few season's ago Kings fans were hoping to be able to draft Steven Stamkos, but due to the Kings winning the last game of the season, were forced to settle for a guy named Doughty. maybe such luck will follow your team now =)

Paisano* 06-16-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apadilla (Post 50971111)
cool avatar,

a few season's ago Kings fans were hoping to be able to draft Steven Stamkos, but due to the Kings winning the last game of the season, were forced to settle for a guy named Doughty. maybe such luck will follow your team now =)

Any use of the word "luck" and the Columbus Bluejackets is always preceded by the word "bad".

Nordique 06-19-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apadilla (Post 50971111)
cool avatar,

Oh we know all about luck. It was that same year we had the honor of selecting Nikita Filatov with the 7th pick.

Feicht 06-19-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CentreKeeper12 (Post 50921863)
I honestly believe that Murray goes number 1 which leave us Nail at 2.

That would be great for us (and would actually make a lot of sense for Edmonton), but I won't hold my breath :laugh:

apadilla 06-22-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordique (Post 51084117)
Oh we know all about luck. It was that same year we had the honor of selecting Nikita Filatov with the 7th pick.

i remember that pick too,

will you guys be watching the draft live on cable? starts at 4PM tomorrow, pac time that is,