HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1208153)

SaskRinkRat 07-20-2011 12:19 AM

2011-12 Saskatchewan Bantam AA Season

VENT ALL SASKATCHEWAN MINOR HOCKEY TALK HERE
Anyone interested in getting this thread rolling for the upcoming season?

What can we expect to see out of the "new look" Sask Bantam league? Who will be the stars to watch for in the north and south?

How will the GSHL fair as it goes it alone?

Which 1997s and 1998s should we pay attention to?

WesternEliteHockeyPr 07-20-2011 10:40 AM

1997 Saskatchewan Born Watch List.

D- Ethan Bear - Melville (SSBHL)
F- Matthew Campese - Prince Albert (CFHL)
F- Terrell Draude - Warman (CFHL)
F- Regan Nagy - Weyburn (SSBHL)
D- Lochlan Morrison - Prince Albert (CFHL)
D- Tate Olsen - Saskatoon (GSHL)
F- Cameron Hebig - Saskatoon (GSHL)
F- Jayden Halbgewachs - Balgonie (SSBHL)
F- Jimmy Lambert - Saskatoon (GSHL)
F- Caleb Seaman - Melfort (CFHL)
F- Wyatt Sloboshan - Saskatoon (GSHL)
D- Brennan Riddle - Balgonie (SSBHL)
D- Connor Hobbs - Saskatoon (GSHL)
D- Bryce Fiske - Melfort (CFHL)
D- Dustin Perillat - Saskatoon (GSHL)
D- Michael Eskra - Regina (SSBHL)
F- Zach Paziuk - Melfort (CFHL)
F- Tyler Kreklewich - Melville (SSBHL)
F- Tanner Jeanot - Estevan (SSBHL)
G- Logan Flodell - Regina (SSBHL)

1998 Saskatchewan born watch list.
F- Garrett Pilon - Saskatoon (GSHL)
F- Shane Sherban - Humboldt (CFHL)
D- Nolan Reid - Lumsden (SSBHL)
F- Zach Andrusiak - Yorkton (SSBHL)
F- Cale Fleury - Moose Mountain (SSBHL)
D- Jordan Malainey - Saskatoon (GSHL)
F- Brayden Camrud - Saskatoon (GSHL)
F- Kent Hanson - Prince Albert (CFHL)
F- Drew Warkentine - Prince Albert (CFHL)
F- Dawson Davidson - Moose Mountain (SSBHL)

SaskRinkRat 07-20-2011 12:44 PM

Thanks!

Nice lists. Just how good are those GSHL 98s? There always seems to be a few first year bantam players that end up making a huge impact in that league.

Rshields 07-20-2011 01:55 PM

Isn't Keifer Hintz a 97 ? If he has any support this year he is going to put up big numbers.

WesternEliteHockeyPr 07-20-2011 05:52 PM

Keifer Hintz is a 97 born and is considered around a top 20 prospect this season in the province. He is actually showing quite well at the Western prospects development camp in Regina right now along with Bear and Kreklewich. Speaking of Bear and kreklewich, they will be part of an outstanding Melville team in the south this year!

Hintz is moving from Unity to North Battleford.

nosoup 07-21-2011 10:26 PM

hockeylocker 07-28-2011 09:11 AM

Predictions on the North
1. Battlefords
2. Melfort/Tisdale
3. Sask Valley (warman/martensville)
4. West Central
5. Prince Albert
6. Humboldt

nosoup 07-28-2011 12:09 PM

IDC 07-28-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rshields (Post 35212317)
Isn't Keifer Hintz a 97 ? If he has any support this year he is going to put up big numbers.

Agreed. Unsure how B'ford will stack up, couple of Macklin kids that would have helped I think have to go to West Central so we'll see. Martin Smith behind the bench won't hurt them, that's for sure.

hockeylocker 07-28-2011 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=nosoup;35455697]Out of curiosity why do you pick battlefords number 1? They were bottom 3 in bantam last year and middle of the pack in peewee although the peewees did have a nice run in the playoffs.

Battlefords number 1 based on the assumption the Meadow Lake players like Iron head that way. If things don't pan out for Battlefords, Melfort is the team.

beenwatching 07-29-2011 06:28 PM

add to the 98 list of possible impact players this year:
Kolby Johnson (CFHL)
Bret Stobbs (CFHL)
Jordan Borstmayer (CFHL)

All good sized players that work hard, and seem to get things done.

northernblizzard 08-02-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDC (Post 35466049)
Agreed. Unsure how B'ford will stack up, couple of Macklin kids that would have helped I think have to go to West Central so we'll see. Martin Smith behind the bench won't hurt them, that's for sure.

Hope you are correct about Marty. In his previous attempts at coaching defensive coaching was sadly neglected. If you recall defensive play was not really part of his game.

IDC 08-03-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernblizzard (Post 35594925)
Hope you are correct about Marty. In his previous attempts at coaching defensive coaching was sadly neglected. If you recall defensive play was not really part of his game.

Noted, I am also hoping he won't teach the kids how to be a compete cheap shot artist too (haha), but overall, he's in it for the right reason and if the kids wanna learn, he should be as good as anybody. Definitely has to be better than some of the alternatives I heard rumblings about that wanted the "job" ie Belak

coach kleats 08-04-2011 02:04 PM

Here are my thoughts and musing on this years changes for the north other than that it will be interesting to see how things shake out with the new league this year.

- I think the combined Warman/Martensville and Melfort/Tisdale teams will gain the most.
- It will be interesting to see if any of the top end Meadow Lake kids decide to make the drive to play in Battleford. That would obviously help B'ford out a lot if they do.
- Is PA going to benefit from this change?
- Humboldt appears to get the least benefit from the change.
- I am pretty sure SHA didn't envision a 6 team north division when they came up with this.
- Will SMHA compete with the new league teams in tourneys?

IDC 08-05-2011 11:14 AM

I am gonna guess one or two max from Meadow Lake go to B'ford. They will get a Tier 1 team and put it in the NEAHL (North East Alberta Hockey League). The same league the Paradise Hill Bantam Rage compete in. Basically a Bantam A league.

SaskRinkRat 08-05-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDC (Post 35627003)
Noted, I am also hoping he won't teach the kids how to be a compete cheap shot artist too (haha), but overall, he's in it for the right reason and if the kids wanna learn, he should be as good as anybody. Definitely has to be better than some of the alternatives I heard rumblings about that wanted the "job" ie Belak

This brings up an interesting discussion. Does anyone know who the various coaches are around the province (SSBL, CFHL, GSHL) for this year?

SaskRinkRat 08-23-2011 11:40 AM

Looks like Warman's bantam aa camp is this weekend. Is anyone going to be there?

coach kleats 08-23-2011 12:18 PM

Sask Midget AAA

Anyone have any thoughts on who the stronger teams will be? Where are the higher end recruits going?

Also does anyone know the schedules for the Stoon teams camps. Would like to take in some of it if i can but i can't seem to find anything anywhere.

dickiedunnwrotethis 08-23-2011 06:01 PM

Blazer's camp is Sept 5-7, with an exhibition game against N.Battleford Sept. 8.

As for recruits, this is what i've heard:

Contacts: Gardiner, Chartier, Olynek, Glover, Nogier, Mpofu, Hnidy, Leedahl, ?Southam?.

Blazers: Shirley, Amson.

PA: Harris, Warkentine, Sayers, Yaremchuk.

MJ: Gardner, ?Fleury?

SC: Wittman, Vanstone.

Yorkton: Odgers

dickiedunnwrotethis 08-23-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat (Post 36140355)
Looks like Warman's bantam aa camp is this weekend. Is anyone going to be there?

Hey Rinkrat,

Will be checking out some other camps. I hope for the sake of the kids who will be on the Sask Valley team this year that this season will be less of a gong show than the last. Somehow, i doubt it.

raider10 08-24-2011 11:31 AM

Can you expand on what the gong show was?

hockeylocker 08-27-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat (Post 36140355)

Heard Battlefords camp is on as well this weekend. Any reports anyone?

SaskRinkRat 08-29-2011 12:11 PM

Did anyone get out to any bantam camps?

How did they look?

IDC 08-29-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeylocker (Post 36254582)
Heard Battlefords camp is on as well this weekend. Any reports anyone?

~16 D
~25 F
Half 98's.
Guerin, Hintz, are strong on forwards
Lanferman, Tkachuk are strong on D.
Malenfant easily the #1 goalie, second ?? Flath??
A couple of bigger 98's at least, Lamb and Mossiman but most are quite a bit smaller, tiny almost. It'll be interesting to see how Martin wants to do it.
Intersquad game on Friday at 6 I think is what I heard.

supertacks 08-29-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDC (Post 36284936)
~16 D
~25 F
Half 98's.
Guerin, Hintz, are strong on forwards
Lanferman, Tkachuk are strong on D.
Malenfant easily the #1 goalie, second ?? Flath??
A couple of bigger 98's at least, Lamb and Mossiman but most are quite a bit smaller, tiny almost. It'll be interesting to see how Martin wants to do it.
Intersquad game on Friday at 6 I think is what I heard.

I agree Melanfant is the #1 with Flath as #2. Gerein and Hintz should have looked stronger but played like they were already on the team and didn't bother trying.
They should of played like Connor Sych and Blake Robertson who both should easily be on the team, but went at it every time they were on the ice! Good to see that kind of competing at a tryout.
Defense will be large led by Sych who is now a 6 footer and looked very strong throughout the weekend. He had a few end to enders ala Ryan Pilon! Tkatchuk was very strong also. Few first years to choose from. Will be a good team!