HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Thank God It's Over (The Official Offseason Talk Thread) II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1208715)

Fel 96 06-15-2012 01:23 PM

Thank God It's Over (The Official Offseason Talk Thread) II
 
Continue.

Part 1

Don't forget GMCF be on NHL Live at 4:25 CT today.

Fel 96 06-15-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Matt Texts a Random Pt.2: They think they know me and we are texting about WoW....
http://twitter.com/kassassination/st...568321/photo/1
http://p.twimg.com/Avc16Y0CEAI24TE.jpg:large

Puhis 06-15-2012 01:35 PM

Never change indeed.

Kassian strikes me as the kind of guy who has his feet firmly on the ground. Would be awesome to grab a beer or two with him. :laugh:

Sportsfan1 06-15-2012 03:05 PM

God rest his sole but as a player i always disliked Boogy, couldn't skate and totally worthless to a team. People could just skate circles around him and ignore him when they wanted too. I put Kassian in that catagory until proven otherwise, but in the (albeit brief) times we saw him last year, he looked like someone who could skate, handle a regular NHL shift and not be a liability. If that's the case i don't mind him being around and on this team. What do you guys think?

nickschultzfan 06-15-2012 03:11 PM

Kassian is a little bit more of a player than a standard heavyweight. I think it can be fixture on the 4th line if he dropped 10-15 pounds and worked on his skating. Just enough to be a consistent force on the forecheck.

TaLoN 06-15-2012 04:26 PM

NHL Network will have Fletcher on after the commercial break on NHL Live next!

Fel 96 06-15-2012 04:38 PM

So, what did he say?

GopherState 06-15-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 50958531)
So, what did he say?

Lot of the same things as yesterday's media day but the two biggest things I got was that he expects Granlund to come in and play in the top-9 and that Fletcher has had talks with Josh Harding's representatives.

TaLoN 06-15-2012 04:43 PM

Granlund is going to make an impact on the Wild from day one, especially on the power play.
He's already been in contact with Harding's agent, hoping to bring him back.
He hopes to be very active again in terms of both trades and free agency.
They expect to take the best player available at number 7 if they keep that draft position.
He thinks the draft is deep at both defense and center.

squidz* 06-15-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaLoN (Post 50958731)
Granlund is going to make an impact on the Wild from day one, especially on the power play.
He's already been in contact with Harding's agent, hoping to bring him back.
He hopes to be very active again in terms of both trades and free agency.
They expect to take the best player available at number 7 if they keep that draft position.
He thinks the draft is deep at both defense and center.

Well that's an interesting quote.

GopherState 06-15-2012 05:01 PM

Should also say that Fletcher has talked to 10-12 GMs today (hey that rhymed). It's the most he's spoken with in a year.

squidz* 06-15-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 50959285)
Should also say that Fletcher has talked to 10-12 GMs today (hey that rhymed). It's the most he's spoken with in a year.

Stop that or you'll develop a reputation.

GopherState 06-15-2012 05:07 PM

I've had worse.

Generic User 06-15-2012 05:24 PM

Gopher has cultivated his pristine reputation from the Calgary GDT on up. En fuego and pointing out rhymes are only helping him maintain that.

Puhis 06-15-2012 05:26 PM

You might call him Chef 'coz he destroys the bistros.



...:facepalm:

mnwildgophers 06-15-2012 06:02 PM

Last couple of tweets I've been reading say that the trade talk has heated up. We just saw our first trade with the Lightning and Nashville. It could be interesting, also I read that Columbus would consider moving out of the #2 spot, but want to stay top 10. I wonder if we have any interest, I can't imagine we would want to pay that price, I wonder if we drop down...

Billy Mays Here 06-15-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnwildgophers (Post 50961069)
Last couple of tweets I've been reading say that the trade talk has heated up. We just saw our first trade with the Lightning and Nashville. It could be interesting, also I read that Columbus would consider moving out of the #2 spot, but want to stay top 10. I wonder if we have any interest, I can't imagine we would want to pay that price, I wonder if we drop down...

It doesn't sound like there's one guy that the Wild are absolutely sold on so I think they stay at 7 or maybe even trade down. I'm interested to see what kind of deals are made at this year's draft. I don't expect the Wild to make many, if any moves but I'll be keeping an eye on a few teams, most notably Vancouver and LA with their goaltending situations along with the numerous moves that Columbus could make.

Billy Mays Here 06-15-2012 08:08 PM

So George Mcphee and Chuck Fletcher are the same person? It all makes sense now. . . .

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=rss-whatsnew

Fel 96 06-15-2012 08:13 PM

No respect.

Billy Mays Here 06-15-2012 08:17 PM

For anyone that didn't see it, here's today's interview:

Chuck Fletcher on Cisco NHL Live

Edit: Wait, that's not the right link. Just look at the "Just Added" videos, it's like the 3rd one down.

Avder 06-15-2012 09:28 PM

Dont forget guys, Kassian is one of our best scorers!






:sarcasm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnwildgophers (Post 50961069)
Last couple of tweets I've been reading say that the trade talk has heated up. We just saw our first trade with the Lightning and Nashville. It could be interesting, also I read that Columbus would consider moving out of the #2 spot, but want to stay top 10. I wonder if we have any interest, I can't imagine we would want to pay that price, I wonder if we drop down...

Honestly I think we have a better chance of getting a good deal from the Oilers at #1 than we do dealing with the Jackets at #2. Their GM just seems like he asks way too much for anything he tries to trade that has recognizable value.

I think the highest we move up to would be 3, unless GMCF gets some kind of a sweetheart deal with Edmonton or were part of a multi-way trade of some sort in the top 10.

Sportsfan1 06-16-2012 12:52 AM

Personally I would rather have Scott Clemmenson here next year so hope Harding does go to July 1. Scott Howson (who i still don't know how he has a job) basically said they're looking for goaltending anywhere and anyway, so methinks that's where Harding goes.

All the trade chatter is very interesting leading up to the draft though.....

Fel 96 06-16-2012 12:53 AM

Clemmensen?

Yikes.

squidz* 06-16-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 (Post 50971741)
Personally I would rather have Scott Clemmenson here next year so hope Harding does go to July 1. Scott Howson (who i still don't know how he has a job) basically said they're looking for goaltending anywhere and anyway, so methinks that's where Harding goes.

All the trade chatter is very interesting leading up to the draft though.....

I think Columbus is now the frontrunner for Bernier. Rumor has it they tried really hard for Lindback. Aportzline (I think, might have been someone else) claimed that they made multiple offers but Nashville didn't want to deal within division.

Billy Mays Here 06-16-2012 01:14 AM

It's Clemmensen, not Clemmenson.

Also, NHL.com is working really fast for me right now for some reason.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.