HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ECHL/CHL/etc. 2012 affiliation (changes) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1208727)

LadyStanley 06-15-2012 02:43 PM

ECHL/CHL/etc. 2012 affiliation (changes)

ECHL: IceMen announce affiliation with Columbus Blue Jackets, http://t.co/s4UaGiQh

SFTC Addict 07-03-2012 05:26 PM

I know we have said that affiliations in this league are generally on a year to year basis but why are things moving so slowly this year?

I know the league site has some of it updated but why are some of the old ones being shown as is with no announcements having been made?

SFTC Addict 07-09-2012 04:49 PM

Hershey to Reading:

http://www.royalshockey.com/news/news.asp?story_id=1783

Solution 07-10-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 52346409)

Awesome. This makes the rivalry a little bit more intense between the Capitals organization and the Penguins organization. Pens-Caps at the NHL. Hershey-WBs at the AHL. Now Royals-Nailers at the ECHL. Hatred is a good way to inspire sales.

SFTC Addict 07-10-2012 03:15 PM

Yeah but Reading is Flyers territory. Not sure what will happewhen Lehigh Valley comes to town.

Solution 07-10-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 52387605)
Yeah but Reading is Flyers territory. Not sure what will happewhen Lehigh Valley comes to town.

Even better. This is so much more peaceful than the Parise/Suter signing apocalypse that is going on apparently. Thank goodness for rivalries becoming more intense. God bless hockey.

LadyStanley 07-10-2012 06:31 PM

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci...o-minor-league

Sharks close to development agreement with San Francisco

SFTC Addict 07-10-2012 07:21 PM

It's making more and more sense that some of these become AHL locations....

pelts35.com 07-11-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 52387605)

The majority of fans that live from the midway point to Reading will continue to support the Royals and they will lose some that live from the midway point to Allentown. I suspect that in the end the impact will be marginal.

pelts35.com 07-11-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 52398661)
It's making more and more sense that some of these become AHL locations....

Such as?

Johnny8242 07-11-2012 09:43 AM

I think several teams will be looking for Toronto. Seems like they always have decent goalie prospects at least at this level. Owuya, Jussi Rynnäs could possibly have a shot at spending some time at the ECHL Level. I know in the world of AA Hockey you're not guaranteed anything.

Also if Grubauer is spending time in the ECHL This year I'm glad it's in Reading and not South Carolina that kid is a beast!

pelts35.com 07-11-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny8242 (Post 52418249)
I think several teams will be looking for Toronto. Seems like they always have decent goalie prospects at least at this level. Owuya, Jussi Rynnäs could possibly have a shot at spending some time at the ECHL Level. I know in the world of AA Hockey you're not guaranteed anything.

Also if Grubauer is spending time in the ECHL This year I'm glad it's in Reading and not South Carolina that kid is a beast!

I think it's a safe bet that Grubauer will be in Hershey with Sabourin.

SFTC Addict 07-11-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny8242 (Post 52418249)

Aside from that nothing much. Toronto is going to have a goalie problem. Aside from goalie Reading never got anythig from them.

I have doubts a good AA goalie for TOR will exist this year. Scivens will be rotting in the A because of Riemer.

SFTC Addict 07-11-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 52417759)
Such as?

San Fran, Ontario and maybe Bako. Granted they are wihout an afiliate these days. But Stockton i with Edmonton so not quite an hour down the road.

LadyStanley 07-11-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 52431133)
San Fran, Ontario and maybe Bako. Granted they are wihout an afiliate these days. But Stockton i with Edmonton so not quite an hour down the road.

SF-SJ 1 hour +/- depending on traffic .

SF-Stockton ~90minutes

Stockton-Bakersfield ~3 hours

Stockton-Ontario ~6 hours

Stockton-Las Vegas ~9-10 hours

SFTC Addict 07-11-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 52434841)
SF-SJ 1 hour +/- depending on traffic .

SF-Stockton ~90minutes

Stockton-Bakersfield ~3 hours

Stockton-Ontario ~6 hours

Stockton-Las Vegas ~9-10 hours

Perfect!

Nothing can be as bad as Abbotsford...

LadyStanley 07-11-2012 10:30 PM

http://www.stocktonthunder.com/2012/...w-affiliation/

Stockton-Edmonton renew

Avsrule2002 07-11-2012 11:32 PM

Adam Dunivan ‏@RHEaglesBeat
Quote:

Costello back with Eagles, while Chris Stewart said a continued affiliation with Winnipeg and St. John's is probable #ECHL #Eagleshockey

royals119 07-19-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 52430985)
Aside from that nothing much. Toronto is going to have a goalie problem. Aside from goalie Reading never got anythig from them.

I have doubts a good AA goalie for TOR will exist this year. Scivens will be rotting in the A because of Riemer.

I haven't been watching Toronto's transactions the last week or so, since the new affiliation between Hershey and Reading was announced, so maybe I missed it, but did Toronto lose a goalie, or trade one? If nothing has changed it is likely that Rynnas and Owuya will split time with whoever their ECHL affiliate is.

Reading also got Dale Mitchell, Kenny Ryan, Tyler Brenner, and Kyle Neuber from Toronto, in addition to the two goalies. Granted, that isn't a lot, and none of them were in Reading for the whole year, but it isn't nothing either.

Scrivens will probably be in the AHL, although depending on Toronto's opinion of his development, and their backup/injury situation in the NHL, he might get some playing time with the Leafs too. Reimer started out with the Royals too, so the ML's do have a pretty good track record of placing talented goalies with the Royals over the last few years - although they also have a track record of calling them up a couple times a season to give them a look in the AHL too. Of course it is pretty rare for any organization to get through a whole season without an injury to all four of their top goalies, and if a guy is playing really well in the ECHL it probably isn't fair to him not to call him up at least for a few games so he can see the difference in the talent level and speed of play and get some coaching.

Toronto isn't the greatest affiliate in the world, but they aren't the worst either. At least they didn't take all the Royals best ECHL contracted players away like the Kings/Monarchs used to do.

LadyStanley 07-20-2012 08:19 AM

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...ent?source=rss

NHL Colorado affiliates with CHL Denver.

No Fun Shogun 07-23-2012 02:43 PM

Not an affiliation change, but keeping up the status quo. Blackhawks have extended their affiliation with the Walleye through the 2013-14 season.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=638453

SFTC Addict 07-23-2012 03:45 PM

Hot damn, a 2 year affiliation in this league???

NSHPreds1835 07-23-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 52857761)
Hot damn, a 2 year affiliation in this league???

Unless something changes it appears Gwinnett will be affiliated with Phoenix and Buffalo again.

sctvman 07-23-2012 11:34 PM

From Andrew Miller of the Post and Courier. Sources: @SCStingrays hoping to announce new NHL affiliation tomorrow.

Boston, Anaheim or the Islanders look to be the most likely teams.

SFTC Addict 07-23-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 (Post 52876525)
Unless something changes it appears Gwinnett will be affiliated with Phoenix and Buffalo again.

Someone on the Buffalo board said they had friends in Maine who had heard that Gwinnett is entering an exclusive affiliation with Portland/Pheonix. They were the Gwinnett primary affiliate. We still need one, I don't get why Buffalo would affiliate with Gwinnett when we are a mere 2 hours from Rochester.