HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Mike Richards May Be Injured? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=120879)

red devil 12-28-2004 10:36 PM

Mike Richards May Be Injured?

I'm not sure the extent of the injury, but what happened was he hit a player in a corner on the forecheck and went to the bench and had ice put on his right quad. Then he played one shift in the 2nd period, but fell awkwardly with a German player against the boards and he did not return. It may not be anything serious because Canada was dominating at this point of the game. As soon as I find out what is wrong with Richards, I will let you guys know. I just want to add that Richards has been great this tournament especially against Sweden when the team seemed to be losing momentum. During a penalty kill at the end of the 1st period he blocked a shot, then got half-a-break and go a shot and then got the rebound. He also had 2 great hits during the game, and he had only 1 assist in the game, but he got player of the game simply because when Canada needed a player to step up, he showed why he was made captain. :bow: Also, I just heard on TSN that the injury shouldn't be too serious. I want this guy on the Habs, any chance of getting him. :D

EDIT: Sutter has said that Richards should be just fine, sorry if I worried any Flyer fans. Also, I just noticed the sticky at the top of the page, so if a mod wants to move this thread there go ahead.

RoDu 12-29-2004 06:29 PM

he seems to me to be the kind of player who would play through an injury, a real warrior

Blindside9711 12-30-2004 09:51 AM

He will be in uniform today vs Finland. It was likely just a charley horse or a muscle bruise.
My worst fear was a cracked patella or ligament damage since it was his knee area that looked to bear the most brunt against the boards. He smoked that guy though, great finish on a hit. Kramer sure is showing his physical side in this tourney, as is Jeff Carter. Both have been laying the body pretty big time.

CharlieGirl 12-30-2004 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
he seems to me to be the kind of player who would play through an injury, a real warrior

You're right.... the only way he doesn't play today is if he's in a wheelchair or hospitalized.

GoneFullHextall 12-30-2004 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside9711
He will be in uniform today vs Finland. It was likely just a charley horse or a muscle bruise.
My worst fear was a cracked patella or ligament damage since it was his knee area that looked to bear the most brunt against the boards. He smoked that guy though, great finish on a hit. Kramer sure is showing his physical side in this tourney, as is Jeff Carter. Both have been laying the body pretty big time.

Mike Richards nickname is Kramer? lol
where did that come from?

flip588 12-30-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Mike Richards nickname is Kramer? lol
where did that come from?

He shares the same name as the actor who played Kramer on 'Seinfeld'. Or did your laugh imply that you knew this?

Roger's Pancreas* 12-30-2004 12:44 PM

Richards layed down some monster hits against Sweden, it was refreshing to see a good open ice hit.