HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 17 : Dream Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1208873)

Bunka Gurndeep 06-15-2012 05:45 PM

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 17 : Dream Edition

Continue here. Other thread is approaching 1000.

So, who have you dreamed about?

Jabba11 06-15-2012 06:04 PM

I dreamed about the Canadiens picking 3rd overall.

WeThreeKings 06-15-2012 06:04 PM

I dreamt I was a Velociraptor

LaurentHabs 06-15-2012 06:06 PM

I dreamt about seeing this get to 20 Threads before the draft

:sarcasm:

Aint over

JustAHabFan 06-15-2012 06:08 PM

Can we all agree to stop about the dreaming? Bad feeling that the Leafs will move up to 2nd and take Galchenyuk.:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Tusk 06-15-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 50961117)
I dreamt I was a Velociraptor

Imagine how many McDoubles you could eat then? :amazed:

PS - Good work on your first round mock in the previous thread, simple writing that effectivly explained all picks!

ChoseLa 06-15-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAHabFan (Post 50961199)
Can we all agree to stop about the dreaming? Bad feeling that the Leafs will move up to 2nd and take Galchenyuk.:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

I dreamt the Leafs moved up to 2nd and took Galchenyuk.

Jabba11 06-15-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Then let them do it. Because Burke is going to overpay for that 2nd overall pick. Probably their 5th overall + Gardiner + 2013 1st round pick + 2013 2nd round pick etc

JustAHabFan 06-15-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba11 (Post 50961329)
Then let them do it. Because Burke is going to overpay for that 2nd overall pick. Probably their 5th overall + Gardiner + 2013 1st round pick + 2013 2nd round pick etc

Move up from 5th to 2nd does not require Gardiner + 2013 1st round pick + 2013 2nd round pick.

WeThreeKings 06-15-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tusk (Post 50961275)
Imagine how many McDoubles you could eat then? :amazed:

PS - Good work on your first round mock in the previous thread, simple writing that effectivly explained all picks!

Today after registering for CBC's Play On! my buddy and I went over to Pizza Hut to grab some grub. We get in through the door and the waitress at the desk asks us, "are you here for the buffet?".
"Buffet? We didn't know there was a buffet."
"It's 10 dollars, you get a coke and all you can eat."
Poor girl didn't know what she was getting her and her staff into. My friend and I play a lot of hockey and go to the gym everyday. Our bodies are CONSTANTLY hungry.
We polished off so much pasta and pizza, it was absolutely ridiculous. What they thought would be an easy lunch to cook for, probably turned into a nightmare when they realized how much pizza we could consume.

Thanks for the kind words about the mock draft. Every year, I am usually pretty wrong and the trades definitely mess everything up. I do, however, do a good job of picking who each team will take when they go to the podium once my order gets ****ed.

Top Corner2 06-15-2012 06:18 PM

The "Dudley Dropdown"

Jabba11 06-15-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAHabFan (Post 50961425)
Move up from 5th to 2nd does not require Gardiner + 2013 1st round pick + 2013 2nd round pick.

Why would other GMs would want to help Burke move up? Seriously, he has nothing to offer. I wouldn't worry about TML moving up. It's always speculation with Toronto…they act like they really aggressive i.e. Trying to trade for John Tavares…but when they have the 7th pick overall..Burkes goes and troll Bryan Murray with the Nazem Kadri pick…what a fool. Look who's making an impact in the NHL now between Kadri and Cowen.

Frank Drebin 06-15-2012 06:30 PM

Imagine if the Habs were the ones that traded down for a sum of picks? Say to a mid first and two seconds?

I would be so disappointed lol.

Frank Drebin 06-15-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Then we take Murray, or Grigorenko, or whoever else we were going to pick if CBJ picked Galchenyuk.

I'm not completely sure the Habs hold Galchenyuk in as high regard as the rest of HF. If the Leafs want to pay assets to leapfrog us, and take "our guy", then let them. We still pick at #3.

BLASPHEMOUS 06-15-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 50961811)
Imagine if the Habs were the ones that traded down for a sum of picks? Say to a mid first and two seconds?

I would be so disappointed lol.

I would not mind a drop down in certain circumstances, but going down all the way to the middle of the draft is a big no-no for pretty much everyone here. I think that once Grigorenko is taken last among the elite forwards, then it goes downhill quick.

jwolf 06-15-2012 06:43 PM

I dreamt that I was handsome, bright and lucky, only to wake up and find I was... handsome, bright and lucky.

Oh, and we took Galchenyuk.

Frank Drebin 06-15-2012 06:45 PM

What has everyone actually seen of Galchenyuk that makes everyone want him so much? Did everyone watch him that much last year, or is everyone basing their opinion off HF's hype? I really think its the latter.

WeThreeKings 06-15-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 50962277)
What has everyone actually seen of Galchenyuk that makes everyone want him so much? Did everyone watch him that much last year, or is everyone basing their opinion off HF's hype? I really think its the latter.

He was one of the best 16 year olds in the world last year. He came back off an injury and was arguably the Stings best player in the play-offs despite it basically being a pre-season game for him (in regards to being in game shape and game speed) while everyone else was in play-off mode.

On top of that, when you have reports coming out of the Habs private combine that he owns the mother of all wrist shots, while having one of the most ridiculous backhands seen on a player in a long time (who was the last, Sundin?). There is a lot of praise for his vision, and we know his commitment off the ice.

All scouts before the season knew he would be challenging for the 1st overall. He didnt get to play, so that hurts his stock, but he is worth the gamble and if his knee checks out, you could have the steal of the draft.

Dagistitsyn 06-15-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

HF hype. Grigorenko was right up there with Yakupov to go first overall and had a great season until injuries and a bad playoff series (mono).. then everyone starts raising questions about Grigs work ethic, heart, etc.. that snowballed to the point he was being bashed by everyone. Out of no where Galchenyuk hype sky rockets (despite missing pretty much entire draft year) because he has better work ethic and is in better shape. :laugh:

He seems to be a great player though. He was great last year ( even though I think playing with Yakupov helped his stats a bit ) .. but its a weak draft for top forwards this year. If he was in last years draft class and missed his entire draft year I think he would fall a lot more.

BLASPHEMOUS 06-15-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

There are a few here that have seen him, I'm sure. But yes, most of it is based on hype, though that hype is not limited to HF. The irony of it all is that Galchenyuk, a player who barely played at all and was decent but hardly great in his short return, seems to be questioned the least. Almost all of his hype is generated around his first year, which was excellent to be sure, but there are prospects every year who end up underwhelming in year 2 for various reasons and you'd think more people would at least think about that possibility.

One thing I do not understand is people clamouring for Galchenyuk because of his fitness performance at the combine. I find that stuff irrelevant with regards to draft positioning, and I think most if not all teams would agree. The combine is more of a look into what the players need to work on in fitness, and unless the player is a complete couch potato then teams will not clamour for one player over another because he's built like an ox.

rockjngo 06-15-2012 07:25 PM

I think Toronto would need to give up Jake Gardiner to move up to #2 from #5. I don't think Columbus has any interest in Kadri, Colburne or Schenn. Columbus wanted Gardiner in the Nash rumors so I don't think its going to happen. Aside from Gardiner the leafs don't have much to offer.

We could get another top pick if we decide to move someone like Eller. I think Eller is a very good player so don't know if it's wise to give him up unless we see Grigorenko slip to 7-8, I see Minnesota or Carolina being interested in Eller.

WeThreeKings 06-15-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endersoldier (Post 50962711)
There are a few here that have seen him, I'm sure. But yes, most of it is based on hype, though that hype is not limited to HF. The irony of it all is that Galchenyuk, a player who barely played at all and was decent but hardly great in his short return, seems to be questioned the least. Almost all of his hype is generated around his first year, which was excellent to be sure, but there are prospects every year who end up underwhelming in year 2 for various reasons and you'd think more people would at least think about that possibility.

One thing I do not understand is people clamouring for Galchenyuk because of his fitness performance at the combine. I find that stuff irrelevant with regards to draft positioning, and I think most if not all teams would agree. The combine is more of a look into what the players need to work on in fitness, and unless the player is a complete couch potato then teams will not clamour for one player over another because he's built like an ox.

Player A understands that physical maturity, dedication in the gym and a strong work ethic breeds the best players.
Player B coasts by on talent alone and does not make it a committment to getting stronger or better in the off-season.

I am more comfortable taking the talented guy with a high work ethic and dedication to being the best player he can be.

Takashi 06-15-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 50963421)
Player A understands that physical maturity, dedication in the gym and a strong work ethic breeds the best players.
Player B coasts by on talent alone and does not make it a committment to getting stronger or better in the off-season.
I am more comfortable taking the talented guy with a high work ethic and dedication to being the best player he can be.

How do you know that? He had mono so he couldn't train ..

Takashi 06-15-2012 07:32 PM

Grigorenko with the habs :D http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-Picks-13.html

WeThreeKings 06-15-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakiHaque (Post 50963499)
How do you know that? He had mono so he couldn't train ..

His entire life?