HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1209735)

JL17 06-17-2012 08:10 AM

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Import draft approaching the Hunters moved up targetting someone. I hope it's an offensively gifted D-man.

Contract offers have been sent out to Broadhurst and Herbst.

This team going forward really comes down to what the NHL is going to do when it comes to the CBA.... too many things up in the air to make predictions as of yet.

PhlyerPhanatic 06-17-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JL17 (Post 51004423)
Import draft approaching the Hunters moved up targetting someone. I hope it's an offensively gifted D-man.

Contract offers have been sent out to Broadhurst and Herbst.

This team going forward really comes down to what the NHL is going to do when it comes to the CBA.... too many things up in the air to make predictions as of yet.

Reports out of Russia have Nichushkin already with a deal to suit up in the OHL this season.

translated quote:
'AllHockey' has reported that top Russian prospect Valery Nichushkin has worked out an agreement to play in the OHL.

The Knights are the 3rd OHL team to pick. Some rumours have him suiting up in Moncton. The Hunters move up for one reason and one reason only..to get their man. They'll have a handful to choose from and when #9 rolls around..if their #1 or 2 is still there..they'll nab him..regardless of position.

Tigers1992 06-17-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic (Post 51005463)
Reports out of Russia have Nichushkin already with a deal to suit up in the OHL this season.

translated quote:
'AllHockey' has reported that top Russian prospect Valery Nichushkin has worked out an agreement to play in the OHL.

The Knights are the 3rd OHL team to pick. Some rumours have him suiting up in Moncton. The Hunters move up for one reason and one reason only..to get their man. They'll have a handful to choose from and when #9 rolls around..if their #1 or 2 is still there..they'll nab him..regardless of position.

They will be drafting Oscar Dansk.

zaluty 06-17-2012 01:49 PM

Kingston needs a goalie and they pick 6th. Although Gilmour has said they will make another trade before the import draft. Now if they get a goalie with that trade then their sites change.

Ottomatic 06-17-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaluty (Post 51012803)
Kingston needs a goalie and they pick 6th. Although Gilmour has said they will make another trade before the import draft. Now if they get a goalie with that trade then their sites change.

Import deals are largely cooked. Dansk wouldn't go to Kingston. He's the perfect fit - Knights need a #1 with Houser graduating somewhere and Dansk is a legit #1. He could be a one-and-done though, but London is built for this upcoming season.

OHLFan8771 06-17-2012 05:07 PM

So with Dansk heading to London where does that leave Nichushkin going? Maybe to Erie or Kingston drafting before London? Does anyone know anything?

aresknights 06-17-2012 05:20 PM

If it is Dansk, has Hunter gotten word there's a good chance Houser is moving up and on?
If so great job moving up. It would have cost more for a lesser prospect from the O.
If Houser returns he's got a great asset to flip.
Gotta figure they just don't wanna get burnt again looking to fill a key position with a Cann type in a year when they should be looking to make noise.
Well see Soon enough

PhlyerPhanatic 06-17-2012 06:29 PM

A few of the mock drafts for the NHL draft have the Hawks taking Dansk. If so we all know there is a BIG connection there.;)

nabru0602 06-18-2012 04:46 PM

So it's Dansk. I'd keep Patterson too. Send Herbst to a junior B team. Houser and Teichmann are not London Knights anymore, obviously. But I don't think London should go with a 16 year old back up on a Memorial Cup contending team. At least Patterson is a '94, like Dansk.

PhlyerPhanatic 06-18-2012 06:07 PM

This kid isn't a shot in the dark

http://thehockeywriters.com/oscar-da...ay-to-the-nhl/

aresknights 06-19-2012 12:51 PM

Hes baaaaaaaack.

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/knight.../19894226.html

aresknights 06-19-2012 07:15 PM

@stubbs1290cjbk: The @GoLondonKnights have signed 1st Rd G Liam Herbst, RC Owen MacDonald, RD Santino Centorame. #OHL

IHaveNoCreativity 06-19-2012 07:47 PM

Still Dansk ?

ReLyT 06-19-2012 10:55 PM

I'm a big Patterson fan, but if the team is serious about contending next year. A tandem of Herbst/Patterson doesnt have enough experience to push to the top. So bringing in a vet goalie or Dansk would be a great move.

The Knights usually take a import a year before his draft year though (Namestikov, Kostitsyn, etc.) Rarely taking a guy right after being drafted into the NHL.

So I'm confused to be honest. But stoked for the import draft. Knights with two picks in the first round, make things very interesting

Otto 06-20-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReLyT (Post 51117989)
I'm a big Patterson fan, but if the team is serious about contending next year. A tandem of Herbst/Patterson doesnt have enough experience to push to the top. So bringing in a vet goalie or Dansk would be a great move.

The Knights usually take a import a year before his draft year though (Namestikov, Kostitsyn, etc.) Rarely taking a guy right after being drafted into the NHL.

So I'm confused to be honest. But stoked for the import draft. Knights with two picks in the first round, make things very interesting

Kostitsyn was drafted by the Canadiens before the Knights

nabru0602 06-20-2012 11:04 AM

Interesting articles in the lfpress about Houser. I guess nothing is certain yet but if you can have two goalies like Houser and Dansk next year I think you do that. 2012/13 is London's year moreso than 2011/12 was so usually you have two good goalies in your peak season. I still have this feeling that another team (Windsor) will snag Dansk so nothing is certain yet.

aresknights 06-20-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urs9 (Post 51131957)
Interesting articles in the lfpress about Houser. I guess nothing is certain yet but if you can have two goalies like Houser and Dansk next year I think you do that. 2012/13 is London's year moreso than 2011/12 was so usually you have two good goalies in your peak season. I still have this feeling that another team (Windsor) will snag
Dansk so nothing is certain yet.

If Windsor wants to pay the price to jump up in the import draft, great. It'll cost them a lot more to get the 3rd or 6th pick than it did us for the 9th.
Maybe that was part of Marks plan. If they want him it'll cost big, helping deplete assets theyll need to secure host bid. And if Windsor doesn't pay the price To move up, we don't have to face him in 2014.

Tigers1992 06-20-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urs9 (Post 51131957)
Interesting articles in the lfpress about Houser. I guess nothing is certain yet but if you can have two goalies like Houser and Dansk next year I think you do that. 2012/13 is London's year moreso than 2011/12 was so usually you have two good goalies in your peak season. I still have this feeling that another team (Windsor) will snag Dansk so nothing is certain yet.

Herbst will not sit out all year. He is signed and will be the backup. Cannot send him down. There is a reason that he has targetted Dansk. The Hunters are sharp, they know that Houser must be moving on.

ottawafan66 06-20-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 51134551)
Herbst will not sit out all year. He is signed and will be the backup. Cannot send him down. There is a reason that he has targetted Dansk. The Hunters are sharp, they know that Houser must be moving on.

But what happens if another team grabs him? I guess they cross that bridge if it happens.

Tigers1992 06-20-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawafan66 (Post 51136619)
But what happens if another team grabs him? I guess they cross that bridge if it happens.

They wont. If they do, it will be to trade him to London.

ottawafan66 06-20-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 51138671)

So does that mean the fix is in? Has Dansk stated that he will only report to London?

Tigers1992 06-20-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawafan66 (Post 51138949)
So does that mean the fix is in? Has Dansk stated that he will only report to London?

Not at all, its just how the import draft works. The cost to buy out contracts or to get Europeans over is expensive. You don't waist a high end pick on a player who may not come, or may not commit.

hockeylegend11 06-20-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 51138671)

I would agree unless its Windsor
Kingston wont trade their pick I know that for a fact
As for Erie at the #3 pick I dont know
Rumour is Windsor has offered their pick this year which is 15th,next yrs 1st or Niagara"s whichever is best,a roster player and futures

aresknights 06-20-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigers1992 (Post 51134551)

Agreed, Hunter has a plan, based on info he and the team have gotten. Things can change but he also would have a plan B (if the Spits trying to leapfrog London are true and come to fruition)
and plan C (the info he received bout Houser moving up and on dont happen)-Im thinking Doogie Houser is good as done if Hunters talking Dansk

aresknights 06-20-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 (Post 51139157)
I would agree unless its Windsor
Kingston wont trade their pick I know that for a fact
As for Erie at the #3 pick I dont know
Rumour is Windsor has offered their pick this year which is 15th,next yrs 1st or Niagara"s whichever is best,a roster player and futures

Erie should have a solid import pick again next year. I wonder if theyd be more interested in bodies or reg draft picks?
Either way if they are in the hunt for Dansk itll cost more than the 2nd, 4th and 7th(?) London paid. And wed still get a good player in the 9 hole.

I like Marks move here. Agressive move, always looking to improve the club, and IF it costs the Spits the guy they wanted or a higher price tag, even sweeter.