HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: Kane (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1209781)

PuckSage 06-17-2012 10:04 AM

Kane

I don't claim it will happen. Nor do I have reason to believe the teams are talking about it. But my curiosity compels me to ask, with the off ice issues around Patrick Kane, is a Kane for Kane trade something Chicago fans could get behind?
http://pucksage.com/?p=1309

Crazy_Ike 06-17-2012 10:10 AM

Not realistic. The sort of trade people come up with after playing too much EA hockey. And P. Kane's off-ice shenanigans are so overblown it's not even funny.

But, you got me to click the link to your blog so I guess its a win for you anyways.

MagicSlap* 06-17-2012 10:11 AM

Evander just isn't enough for Patrick, maybe if Ladd came back too ;)

PuckSage 06-17-2012 10:19 AM

You do know Evander only scored 1 less goal over 8 less games in the last 2 seasons right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicSlap (Post 51006425)

MagicSlap* 06-17-2012 10:21 AM

Yea but Patrick is much more of a playmaker than a goal scorer. Stats aside, even if their stats are somewhat close this year Patrick's ceiling is incredibly higher than Evander's, and that's coming from an Evander fan. Will he reach it? Doubtful, but that exists.

PuckSage 06-17-2012 10:21 AM

I'm more interested in the conversation than the hits. I've barely posted this month and am on pace for normal traffic, and that's without the draft spike.

And yes, off ice stuff is magnified horribly in hockey because its not that common. If he were an NFL player doing the same stuff no one would notice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike (Post 51006397)
Not realistic. The sort of trade people come up with after playing too much EA hockey. And P. Kane's off-ice shenanigans are so overblown it's not even funny.

But, you got me to click the link to your blog so I guess its a win for you anyways.

madgoat33 06-17-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike (Post 51006397)

glad I read your post before clicking the link.

I abstained.

MagicSlap* 06-17-2012 10:22 AM

Hahahaha yeah, NO NHL player has ever loved to booze it up before.

PuckSage 06-17-2012 10:25 AM

Of course not!
Every NHL player except for Patrick Kane, Mike Richards and Jeff Carter lives on dry island.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicSlap (Post 51006737)
Hahahaha yeah, NO NHL player has ever loved to booze it up before.

xX Hot Fuss 06-17-2012 10:35 AM

No thanks. E. Kane has had one good year. P.Kane has had 4 good years and has way better potential than Evander

Snowhawk 06-17-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckSage (Post 51006651)
You do know Evander only scored 1 less goal over 8 less games in the last 2 seasons right?

Funny how you conveniently fail to mention that Patrick Kane also has 38 more assist than E. Kane over the last two seasons.

PuckSage 06-17-2012 10:57 AM

I think both are highly talented players with different skill sets. I think any team would be happy to have either.

As for your point, yes it is important and PK certainly played a part in it, but you have to admit the Chicago squad is far more talented offensively which helps a lot. The Blackhawks scored 54 more goals in that same two years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowhawk (Post 51007433)
Funny how you conveniently fail to mention that Patrick Kane also has 38 more assist than E. Kane over the last two seasons.

Crazy_Ike 06-17-2012 11:07 AM

Yes, they have, in large part BECAUSE they have Patrick Kane.

I would love to have Evander. Jets aren't getting Pat for him, not even close.

Chris Hansen 06-17-2012 12:00 PM

Evander Kane alone doesn't even come remotely close to having equal value in a trade to Patrick Kane.

HockeySensible 06-17-2012 01:34 PM

Yeah, Evander is nowhere near enough to land Patrick on his own.

Bubba88 06-17-2012 01:47 PM

Evander? I'm not interested to pay the price we would have to pay to get him.

brtriad 06-17-2012 05:05 PM

Big fan of E Kane but he's not worth Patty Cakes.

Iridium128 06-17-2012 05:31 PM

I think we need to worry about goaltending and a 2C before we need to worry about wingers.

No Fun Shogun 06-17-2012 07:03 PM

We're not trading Kane, period. End of story.

Anyone that says anything to the contrary doesn't know what they're talking about.

TwistedWrister90 06-17-2012 07:27 PM

i can't imagine pat kane ever playing in winnipeg. like everyone else, i'm also a big fan of evander, but he aint pat kane

i also wish people would stop bringing up kane's off ice issues. so the dude likes to drink. get over it.

if kane ever is traded, it's not happening for a long time

tomcat24 06-17-2012 08:17 PM

I hope you are wrong. This team could really re-load in a quick way if they trade Kane. This team isn't built to play against big, tough D teams or the playoffs. We need more top 9 wingers with skill and grit who compete in tough games. Kane can get 2 of them. I keep bringing up Holmgren in Philly. Those were gutsy trades that I think will pay off big for the next decade

Sir Psycho T 06-17-2012 08:25 PM

Kane's off ice partying isn't an issue, OMG a young, rich, talented, athlete likes to go out and have some fun in the off-season, what a disgrace. As long as another cabbie incident doesn't happen again I don't care.

Best of all some people want the Hawks to bring in Radulov? So you want Kane gone for partying in the OFF-SEASON but want to bring in Radulov who was suspended for partying DURING THE PLAYOFFS!???????

RayP 06-17-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T (Post 51024233)
Kane's off ice partying isn't an issue, OMG a young, rich, talented, athlete likes to go out and have some fun in the off-season, what a disgrace. As long as another cabbie incident doesn't happen again I don't care.

Best of all some people want the Hawks to bring in Radulov? So you want Kane gone for partying in the OFF-SEASON but want to bring in Radulov who was suspended for partying DURING THE PLAYOFFS!???????

To be fair, wasn't it announced and proven thru security cameras that Radulov and AK just went out for steaks and didn't drink?

tomcat24 06-17-2012 08:32 PM

I don't want to trade him for his partying. It isn't that big of a problem. But it could turn into one, though. But I would only trade him in a hockey deal. To turn this team into a better-suited team that can play any style and have great depth to roll out 4 lines

zytz 06-17-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicSlap (Post 51006425)

I been saying this for like a year... well before E Kane's value went through the roof.