HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Gregor: "Feaster will most likely be shopping Bouwmeester at the draft to move up" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1209955)

Puckgenius* 06-17-2012 02:47 PM

Gregor: "Feaster will most likely be shopping Bouwmeester at the draft to move up"

Any suitors you think? He says Feaster wants a top 5 pick and will be pushing hard. Out of the top 5 the only team i see having interest would be NYI. They could use a JayBo.

How about Flames 1st and JayBo for NYI 1st?

Johnny Bravo 06-17-2012 02:49 PM

Jaybo will not move you into the top 5.

medhatcanuck 06-17-2012 02:53 PM

Sooooooooooo, what defence will calgary have next year? Kipper?

CarvinSigX 06-17-2012 02:54 PM

Yeah...Window shopping.

TorstenFrings 06-17-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medhatcanuck (Post 51014855)

How would that be different from before?

HockeyThoughts 06-17-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 51014745)

Except, he would. Contrary to popular belief JayBo is actually a very good defenseman and was one of the most sought after free agents post-lockout. In Calgary he has been in way over his head, being heavily leaned on to be the #1 in every situation possible and logging way too many minutes. Given the right coach and defense-core where they are able to utilize his abilities and light a fire under his ass you could be getting a very good top pairing defenseman. The New York Islanders for example, with cap space to burn and a line-up looking to take the next step could really use a player like Bouwmeester to put them over the top. He many have slightly fell off offensively given all the responsibility and pressure put on him in Calgary, but he has never stopped being one of the premier defensive players in the NHL.

To sum it up, top pairing defenseman do not grow on trees. If you cut back his minutes by 1-2mins per game and let him focus on his strengths, I predict you would be seeing a very different Jay Bouwmeester.

Leaf Rocket 06-17-2012 03:01 PM

I dont think anyone in the top 5 would be that desperate for his services?

Jack de la Hoya 06-17-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 51014697)
Any suitors you think? He says Feaster wants a top 5 pick and will be pushing hard. Out of the top 5 the only team i see having interest would be NYI. They could use a JayBo.

Regardless of value (Bouwmeester + 14 seems a reasonable start to get to 4)...

Would Bouwmeester fit in the Islanders' budget?

WeridAl 06-17-2012 03:03 PM

It's more like Feaster begging other teams to take Bouwmeester.

Petes2424 06-17-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 51014745)

He will if there's more of a larger deal in place. If he's included with the Flames 1st rounder, it should be enough. It would depend on what the Isles think of him. I assume he still carries a fair amount of value to a lot of NHL teams. In fact I think that would be overpayment by the Flames.

We're not talking about the 1st pick here.

Fair? Flames 2nd and jaybo for the Isles 1st. That's fair value.

JurassicTunga 06-17-2012 03:04 PM

Who is Gregor?

GetThePuckOut 06-17-2012 03:04 PM

Most likely going after Reinhart.

Puckgenius* 06-17-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeh82 (Post 51015109)
Would Bouwmeester fit in the Islanders' budget?

Yes and he would vastly upgrade their defense. In an offensive system I think JayBo can get back to his 15g/50pts.

BamaWing 06-17-2012 03:05 PM

Haha no one is taking JBo

Unagi 06-17-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medhatcanuck (Post 51014855)

Justin Schultz :naughty:

Seth Rollins 06-17-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 51014697)

Lol, maybe if Snow is high or he's channeling his inner Milbury.

jumptheshark 06-17-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JurassicTunga (Post 51015157)
Who is Gregor?

jason gregor out of edmonton

mooseOAK* 06-17-2012 03:08 PM

In what universe can a GM shop a player with a NTC?

zeus3007* 06-17-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts (Post 51015079)
Except, he would. Contrary to popular belief JayBo is actually a very good defenseman and was one of the most sought after free agents post-lockout. In Calgary he has been in way over his head, being heavily leaned on to be the #1 in every situation possible and logging way too many minutes. Given the right coach and defense-core where they are able to utilize his abilities and light a fire under his ass you could be getting a very good top pairing defenseman. The New York Islanders for example, with cap space to burn and a line-up looking to take the next step could really use a player like Bouwmeester to put them over the top. He many have slightly fell off offensively given all the responsibility and pressure put on him in Calgary, but he has never stopped being one of the premier defensive players in the NHL.

To sum it up, top pairing defenseman do not grow on trees. If you cut back his minutes by 1-2mins per game and let him focus on his strengths, I predict you would be seeing a very different Jay Bouwmeester.

I don`t think he would. It would be hard to find a team who would even take him considering his contract, but getting a top 5 pick for him would be next to impossible. Edmonton won`t give up what Calgary would want for him. Columbus doesn`t really need him considering they just got a better d-man in trade (Johnson). Montreal seems to really want their pick. The Islanders have hefty, hefty budget issues. And Toronto has enough d-men and not a ton of cap space to upgrade in other areas. Those teams might be mildly interested, but I would be shocked if they would be interested enough to move their top 5 picks for him.

CodeE 06-17-2012 03:08 PM

On the Islanders board I proposed Anders Lee for JayBo, and had Islanders fans shutting that down. His decline in production + high contract are two reasons I see the Islanders hanging up.

I mean, an article came out today that called his contract, along with Ballard's, Martin's, and Michalek's "fairly unworkable". There's practically no chance of Snow moving the 4th overall for him.

InfinityIggy 06-17-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightBlazer (Post 51015161)
Most likely going after Reinhart.

This.

I doubt he is trying to break into the top 5 because only the Isles would want him.

I think he wants to move into the 7-9 range and get one of Reinhart, Trouba, Reilly.

I could see any of Wild, Carolina, Winnipeg and Tampa being able to work something out for JBouw...Something like 1st + Lesser D-Man for Calgarys 1st + JBouw.

I don't care if it makes us worse. We need to retool/restock and JBouw is the easiest piece to move IMO.

FlamesFan18 06-17-2012 03:08 PM

If the Flames did get the 4th pick I would expect them to pick:
1: Ryan Murray (assuming Yakupov goes in top 3)
2: Alex Galchenyuk
3. Mikhail Grigorenko.

I also could see them go for a pick between 6-10 and pick Dumba/Reinhart/Reilly/Trouba

iPunch 06-17-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts (Post 51015079)

You don't think that would happen on the Islanders? The only difference I see is no Kipper to bail him out.

And goodluck convincing Wang to take a 6.6 Mil contract over a top 5 pick on a ELC. His contract will keep his value lower than a top 5 pick.

Petes2424 06-17-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 51015289)
This.

I doubt he is trying to break into the top 5 because only the Isles would want him.

I think he wants to move into the 7-9 range and get one of Reinhart, Trouba, Reilly.

I could see any of Wild, Carolina, Winnipeg and Tampa being able to work something out for JBouw...Something like 1st + Lesser D-Man for Calgarys 1st + JBouw.

I don't care if it makes us worse. We need to retool/restock and JBouw is the easiest piece to move IMO.

Tampa would be a good fit.

flameout 06-17-2012 03:12 PM

I'm sure there'll be tons of teams willing to shell out $6.6 million each of the next two years for an alleged two-way #1 defenseman who puts up pathetic 24-29 pt. seasons...