HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   InfinityIggy 2012 NHL Mock Draft V2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210143)

InfinityIggy 06-17-2012 09:49 PM

InfinityIggy 2012 NHL Mock Draft V2
 
Final Mock Draft for 2012. :)

1. Edmonton - Nail Yakupov
.
.
.
2. Columbus - Ryan Murray
.
.
.
3. Montreal - Alex Galchenyuk
.
.
.
4. NY Islanders - Mathew Dumba
.
.
.
5. Toronto - Mikhail Grigorenko
.
.
.
6. Anaheim - Jacob Trouba
.
.
.
7. Minnesota - Filip Forsberg
.
.
.
8. Carolina - Teuvo Teravainen
.
.
.
9. Winnipeg - Radek Faksa
.
.
.
10. Tampa Bay - Morgan Rielly
.
.
.
11. Washington - Griffin Reinhart
.
.
.
12. Buffalo - Zemgus Girgensons
.
.
.
13. Dallas - Brendan Gaunce
.
.
.
14. Calgary - Cody Ceci
.
.
.
15. Ottawa - Olli Maatta
.
.
.
16. Washington - Sebastian Collberg
.
.
.
17. San Jose - Tomas Hertl
.
.
.
18. Chicago - Matt Finn
.
.
.
19. Tampa Bay - Tom Wilson
.
.
.
20. Philadelphia - Derrick Pouliot
.
.
.
21. Buffalo - Pontus Aberg
.
.
.
22. Pittsburgh - Colton Sissons
.
.
.
23. Florida - Hampus Lindholm
.
.
.
24. Boston - Henrik Samuelsson
.
.
.
25. St. Louis - Dalton Thrower
.
.
.
26. Vancouver - Slater Koekkoek
.
.
.
27. Phoenix - Mark Jankowski
.
.
.
28. NY Rangers - Scott Laughton
.
.
.
29. New Jersey - Malcolm Subban.
.
.
.
30. L.A. - Martin Frk

Bernier the Boats 06-17-2012 10:37 PM

I think Anaheim probably bites on Forsberg, but other than that well thought out

InfinityIggy 06-17-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBurke (Post 51028891)
I think Anaheim probably bites on Forsberg, but other than that well thought out

That was the hardest pick to try and guess..spent a good 20 minutes thinking about it :laugh:

They could bite on Forsberg for sure.

LiquidSnake* 06-17-2012 11:53 PM

I like this. Especially with the Canucks getting Koekkoek. I pray you are 100% correct in this.

LatvianTwist 06-18-2012 12:37 AM

Would prefer Ceci or Määttä if Girgensons is gone by 13th.

DuckJet 06-18-2012 12:39 AM

Trouba makes sense but I think if Forsberg is available Murray will bite the bullet on him instead for a few reasons

1.) He plays very similar to Corey Perry which fits the style Murray is very interested in seeing the Ducks play
2.) He can play center and he's been looking for a sizeable center to be a pivot for Etem and Palmieri
3.) Murray absolutely loves Swedish players
4.) Forsberg's favorite player to play with is Ducks prospect William Karlsson
5.) That last name is a win for the Ducks merch team.

FlareKnight 06-18-2012 01:05 AM

I'd be more than happy for this to be right.

InfinityIggy 06-18-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 51032317)
Trouba makes sense but I think if Forsberg is available Murray will bite the bullet on him instead for a few reasons

1.) He plays very similar to Corey Perry which fits the style Murray is very interested in seeing the Ducks play
2.) He can play center and he's been looking for a sizeable center to be a pivot for Etem and Palmieri
3.) Murray absolutely loves Swedish players
4.) Forsberg's favorite player to play with is Ducks prospect William Karlsson
5.) That last name is a win for the Ducks merch team.

Good points. It really could go either way there IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 51032259)
Would prefer Ceci or Määttä if Girgensons is gone by 13th.

If you are going solely by BPA then I agree, but looking at Dallas Prospects they already have Philip Larsen and Jamie Oleksiak. Ceci or Maatta would just be redundant IMO.

They have no legitimate upcoming centers though I think Gaunce fixes that.

McTankel 06-18-2012 02:25 AM

Hope Buffalo would take Cody Ceci at 12, I like the 21st pick.

HoseEmDown 06-18-2012 07:55 AM

Tampa doesn't complain, get a much needed offensive threat on the blue line plus size and grit up front.

IrishPaulie 06-18-2012 11:24 AM

Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.

InfinityIggy 06-18-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51041297)
Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.

There are no absolutes when you're pick 24th, thanks for the input though. :)

Mystifo 06-18-2012 01:40 PM

I love the leafs pick. While I think Forsberg is good I still think Grigorenko has the much higher upside. While he is a "Russian." I don't see him bolting as he has stated he would love to play in Canada. Fits every need we have. Love the pick and I hope you are right. :D

minion 06-18-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51041297)
Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.

Agreed

IrishPaulie 06-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 51046071)
There are no absolutes when you're pick 24th, thanks for the input though. :)

Cam Neely drafting Ulf's son? I'd argue there's never been anything more absolute than that not happening. He's not even close to BPA at that point.

InfinityIggy 06-18-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51050205)
Cam Neely drafting Ulf's son? I'd argue there's never been anything more absolute than that not happening. He's not even close to BPA at that point.

I highly doubt it will matter who a players father was. He will draft the player he thinks is best for the team.

Do you have any idea how subjective the BPA is at that point? This is a weak draft, stating that there is even a BPA at that point is a joke.

IrishPaulie 06-18-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 51051217)
I highly doubt it will matter who a players father was. He will draft the player he thinks is best for the team.

Do you have any idea how subjective the BPA is at that point? This is a weak draft, stating that there is even a BPA at that point is a joke.

Is it? Each team has there list, they will surely know who BPA is to them when their pick comes.

For what it's worth Peter Chiarelli said he has 5 players he is seriously looking at. 4 d-men and 1 forwards. The list is reportedly: Koekkoek, Finn, Maatta, Lindholm, Gaunce.

Aka if Koekkeok is still on the board Boston takes Koekkoek.

InfinityIggy 06-18-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51057141)
Is it? Each team has there list, they will surely know who BPA is to them when their pick comes.

For what it's worth Peter Chiarelli said he has 5 players he is seriously looking at. 4 d-men and 1 forwards. The list is reportedly: Koekkoek, Finn, Maatta, Lindholm, Gaunce.

Aka if Koekkeok is still on the board Boston takes Koekkoek.

Link or no one cares...

IrishPaulie 06-19-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 51062445)
Link or no one cares...

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...8&feedID=10944

Quote:

So who are the five players that the Bruins have poked, prodded, interviewed and targeted as hopefuls when the 24th pick arrives (barring any trades to move up in the draft, of course)?

Here’s a list with a quick scouting report:

Slater Koekkoek (defenseman)
Matthew Finn (defenseman)
Olli Maatta (defenseman)
Hampus Lindholm (defenseman)
Brendan Gaunce (center)
Next....

InfinityIggy 06-19-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51074547)

Lol, its a speculative piece by Haggerty who is an "insider" I bet you the Bruins walk away with none of those players on draft day.

IrishPaulie 06-20-2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 51109747)
Lol, its a speculative piece by Haggerty who is an "insider" I bet you the Bruins walk away with none of those players on draft day.

It's the same list some other insiders came up with. They know better than most who Boston brought in for an interview seeing as how they work with the team. Where there is smoke there is fire. Koekkoek also tweeted pictures from Boston during his visit.

Not to mention Peter himself confirmed the 6 player list that comprised of 5 D-men. In your draft Koekkoek, Thrower, Matheson and Bystrom are all still available (3 of the 4 are ranked higher than Samuelsson in nearly all scouting reports and mocks).

PS I bet you Samuelsson never pulls a Bruins sweater over his head.

DuckJet 06-20-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51041297)
Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.

Thanks for the inside info Mr. Chiarelli.

InfinityIggy 06-20-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51123601)
It's the same list some other insiders came up with. They know better than most who Boston brought in for an interview seeing as how they work with the team. Where there is smoke there is fire. Koekkoek also tweeted pictures from Boston during his visit.

Not to mention Peter himself confirmed the 6 player list that comprised of 5 D-men. In your draft Koekkoek, Thrower, Matheson and Bystrom are all still available (3 of the 4 are ranked higher than Samuelsson in nearly all scouting reports and mocks).

PS I bet you Samuelsson never pulls a Bruins sweater over his head.

He probably wont, at least im not stupid enough to say there is 'no chance' they let a certain player slip by them. More than i can say for you.

InfinityIggy 12-03-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 51123601)
It's the same list some other insiders came up with. They know better than most who Boston brought in for an interview seeing as how they work with the team. Where there is smoke there is fire. Koekkoek also tweeted pictures from Boston during his visit.

Not to mention Peter himself confirmed the 6 player list that comprised of 5 D-men. In your draft Koekkoek, Thrower, Matheson and Bystrom are all still available (3 of the 4 are ranked higher than Samuelsson in nearly all scouting reports and mocks).

PS I bet you Samuelsson never pulls a Bruins sweater over his head.

So what do you know, Boston took none of these guys. How surprising.

IrishPaulie 12-06-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 56215483)
So what do you know, Boston took none of these guys. How surprising.

:laugh: Really? Do you feel better now?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.