HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OT: Canes Board Lounge Part VII: Use Your Lingo at Your Own Risk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210161)

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:14 PM

Canes Board Lounge Part VII: Use Your Lingo at Your Own Risk

I posted in this thread before it was cool.

Sticky, please.

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novacane (Post 51028023)
Not to brag, but I'm kind of the youtube hipster at my school.

I showed everyone Remi's videos, the Antoine Dodson video, and many others before they went viral.

I've recently been wasting my time watching a channel called Vice. They have great documentaries, and the interviewers don't back off from dangerous situations. It's kind of crazy where they go. Recently, they interviewed a Pakistani hitman. Imagine sitting in a car with a person who has killed 30-35 other people while they are holding their gun.

Well, I can see somebody here thinks he's too good for us. :shakehead

Novacane 06-17-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PublicEnemy (Post 51028095)
Well, I can see somebody here thinks he's too good for us. :shakehead

:laugh: I tried to come off as snobby as possible in that post. Kind of hard typing it out though.

DaveG 06-17-2012 10:18 PM

seriously though

****ing Lonerider.

that and I couldn't give a **** about the NBA, it's been dead as a league to me for a while now.

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 51028197)
seriously though

****ing Lonerider.

that and I couldn't give a **** about the NBA, it's been dead as a league to me for a while now.

I agree with you. Now, to convince the American public that...

Anton Dubinchuk 06-17-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

seriously though

****ing Lonerider.

I'm 18. I can't drink. And I don't. And even if I did, it'd probably be what most high schoolers drink, not microbrews...

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 51028281)
I'm 18. I can't drink. And I don't. And even if I did, it'd probably be what most high schoolers drink, not microbrews...

In other words, the disgusting cheap ****.

DaveG 06-17-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 51028281)

I hear you on that one, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't start off as uber beergeek psudo-hipster, as much as I would like to claim otherwise.

Also didn't start til college, though that was at 17 for me anyway.

Novacane 06-17-2012 10:26 PM

I hate NBA too, but it is better than no sports. Mid-Summer is extremely depressing because there is nothing interesting to watch. Also, people are usually on vacations and whatnot. Really boring until I go on my graduation trip.

Sad King Jimmy 06-17-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

seriously though

****ing Lonerider.

Oh my lord, had Sweet Josie Brown Ale at a Canes game this season, I thought I was in heaven. It's so awesome that they serve local beers at games.

vwg* 06-17-2012 10:30 PM

Basketball is terrible but I can understand why North Carolinians like it. SC residents have no reason to like it since our college teams blow hard. At least College of Charleston beat UNC a few years ago. Theyre probably the best basketball school in the state.

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by visor wearing goon (Post 51028637)
Basketball is terrible but I can understand why North Carolinians like it. SC residents have no reason to like it since our college teams blow hard. At least College of Charleston beat UNC a few years ago. Theyre probably the best basketball school in the state.

Don't worry though. At least Clemson's women's basketball team is "On the Rise"...or so the promotional advertising said. I didn't see much of a rise, though.:laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk 06-17-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 51028437)
I hear you on that one, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't start off as uber beergeek psudo-hipster, as much as I would like to claim otherwise.

Also didn't start til college, though that was at 17 for me anyway.

I'm just gonna wait until 21... I don't really have anything against it or anything, and I know that it's unlikely to get caught and even unlikelier to get in trouble for it, I dunno, I feel like I just I should stay out of as much trouble as I can for as long as I can.

I'll wait to get absolutely ****ing hammered until I can do so legally, thank you very much... :laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk 06-17-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novacane (Post 51028479)
I hate NBA too, but it is better than no sports. Mid-Summer is extremely depressing because there is nothing interesting to watch. Also, people are usually on vacations and whatnot. Really boring until I go on my graduation trip.

Dude I hear you. Do what I'm doing, hit the weights hard. Nothing better to do, might as well get hella ripped haha.

Gr8Dan 06-17-2012 10:36 PM

So where is Webb Simpson from?

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/golf/pga/story/11217888/

http://www.wbtv.com/story/18810418/c...n-wins-us-open

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 51028749)
I'm just gonna wait until 21... I don't really have anything against it or anything, and I know that it's unlikely to get caught and even unlikelier to get in trouble for it, I dunno, I feel like I just I should stay out of as much trouble as I can for as long as I can.

I'll wait to get absolutely ****ing hammered until I can do so legally, thank you very much... :laugh:

That's what I said too, but that changed once I got to Clemson. I have a feeling that you might have a hard time staying away from some of the frat parties during rush week down at GT though. (I'm not doubting you personally, I just know how much of a presence frat houses have down there)

EDIT: I'm not saying I was a big party person down at Clemson, I rarely drank at all. It's just hard not to give in to curiosity and peer pressure about it, that's all.

Novacane 06-17-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8Dan (Post 51028849)

Born in Raleigh, lives in Charlotte.

Anton Dubinchuk 06-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PublicEnemy (Post 51028851)
That's what I said too, but that changed once I got to Clemson. I have a feeling that you might have a hard time staying away from some of the frat parties during rush week down at GT though. (I'm not doubting you personally, I just know how much of a presence frat houses have down there)

Meh, I'm actually a pretty strict Catholic, it's a pretty big part of my life, and I figure as long as I stick to that (which I'm DEFINITELY not worried about), it won't be so hard.

Yeah, I'm gonna be "that guy." :laugh:

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 51028947)
Meh, I'm actually a pretty strict Catholic, it's a pretty big part of my life, and I figure as long as I stick to that (which I'm DEFINITELY not worried about), it won't be so hard.

Yeah, I'm gonna be "that guy." :laugh:

Well that's good to hear. Hopefully you're able to stick with it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being "that guy."

My first roommate was one of those "phony" Catholics...if you will. He went to a Catholic high school and everything, but religion played about 0 part of his life.

EDIT: Again, I have nothing against religion. I just get frustrated by those who use it as a mask to justify their actions or whatever, when it doesn't guide them whatsoever.

Anton Dubinchuk 06-17-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PublicEnemy (Post 51029033)
Well that's good to hear. Hopefully you're able to stick with it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being "that guy."

My first roommate was one of those "phony" Catholics...if you will. He went to a Catholic high school and everything, but religion played about 0 part of his life.

It's weird. The Catholics (in my experience at least) that go to public school are the good ones, because if public school hasn't made them just decide to completely quit, then nothing will. Catholic school it's either you're great or you suck haha...

Anton Dubinchuk 06-17-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PublicEnemy (Post 51029033)
EDIT: Again, I have nothing against religion. I just get frustrated by those who use it as a mask to justify their actions or whatever, when it doesn't guide them whatsoever.

No offense taken, I know exactly what you mean...

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 51029115)
It's weird. The Catholics (in my experience at least) that go to public school are the good ones, because if public school hasn't made them just decide to completely quit, then nothing will. Catholic school it's either you're great or you suck haha...

He went to a well-to-do private Catholic school where (at least according to my roommate and a few of his friends), everybody drank and smoked pot all the time. It seems like he got into Clemson based on the school's reputation rather than his character/grades.

Head Goose 06-17-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 51029161)
No offense taken, I know exactly what you mean...

It's just a touchy subject. I'm not a religious person in any way, shape, or form...but if I try to mention that to some people, they consider me to be some evil spawn of Satan or other crazy nonsense sometimes. So it's best for me to just be extra sure about what I say and who I say it to.:laugh:

Gr8Dan 06-17-2012 10:50 PM

I went to ECU and didn't drink till I graduated at 21, it was tough since EVERYONE pretty much drinks there and calls you out if you don't.

You can do it, wait till 21

Anton Dubinchuk 06-17-2012 10:52 PM

Yo PublicEnemy, we sure do know how to have some weird-ass conversations on the Lounge threads... :laugh:

Fun though...