HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Flames-Team of the Year ( The Canadian Press & Broadcast News) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=121031)

LeafsGirl 12-29-2004 08:37 PM

Flames-Team of the Year ( The Canadian Press & Broadcast News)
 
Quote:

Sea of Red, The Red Mile, Gelinas, Kipper and Iggy -- was there ever a doubt who would be voted Canada's team in 2004?

CALGARY -- They didn't win the Stanley Cup but the Calgary Flames won the heart of Canadian hockey fans.

And on Wednesday they were named Team of the Year by The Canadian Press and Broadcast News.
:handclap:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...229_161108_392

PapaBear* 12-29-2004 09:00 PM

hey leafs girl, how you doing sweetcakes? :)

LeafsGirl 12-29-2004 09:04 PM

:innocent: ;)

PapaBear* 12-29-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsGirl
:innocent: ;)

;) ;)

Dark Knight 12-29-2004 10:11 PM

sweetcakes, honeybun, sweetiepie...oh man! how i miss those days when i used to read Archie Comics.

Evman* 12-30-2004 03:15 AM

Is this HF or teeniecompanions.com? Come on.

Congratulations to the Calgary Flames.

hockeyfan125 12-30-2004 03:17 AM

Congrats to Calgary!
My 29th favorite team!
:madfire:

The bitterness will eventually go away...

mytor4* 12-30-2004 09:18 AM

Flames May Be Canada's Team Of The Yr But Second Place Means Nothing.
Tampa Team Of The Yr In The Nhl Only One That Counts.

west_coast 12-30-2004 02:59 PM

:handclap: I think that they deserve it. I dislike the team and its fans, but they should get noticed.

Psycho Papa Joe 12-30-2004 06:06 PM

Nothing against the Flames but considering Canada actually won the world cup beating the best the world had to offer, and didn't finish second like the Flames, I says the wrong team won.

Papa Smurf 12-30-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
Congrats to Calgary!
My 29th favorite team!
:madfire:

The bitterness will eventually go away...

:eek: Holy ****! A Canadian on HF besides me who WASN'T cheering for the Flames! These boards are improving after all.

oilers_guy_eddie 12-30-2004 06:19 PM

That's a good point, I suppose, but NHL >>>>>> World Cup in terms of importance. The Flames' playoff run was a huge story this year; the World Cup was pretty flacid, regardless who won.

As much as I hate to say it (and I really, really hate to say it) I think the Flames are deserving winners.

Psycho Papa Joe 12-30-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_man
:eek: Holy ****! A Canadian on HF besides me who WASN'T cheering for the Flames! These boards are improving after all.

I wasn't cheering for them either, mainly because of an obnoxious jerk who used to post here and also happened to be an overbearing Flames fan. Ah the power of HFBoards, to make me cheer against a Canadian team:lol

se7en* 12-30-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_man
:eek: Holy ****! A Canadian on HF besides me who WASN'T cheering for the Flames! These boards are improving after all.

Hi, I'm an Oilers fan, have we met? Well, most Oilers fans....sadly a few got caught up in the "excitement" - I like to call it a "nightmare".

But yeah, all kidding aside, the Flames do deserve it. Canada was buzzing, and the WC was just, I don't know...gimmicky with that fugly trophy.

hfboardsuser 12-30-2004 06:55 PM

A question, did the Ducks and Canes win this award in their respective years?

Psycho Papa Joe 12-30-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg
A question, did the Ducks and Canes win this award in their respective years?

Why? They aren't Canadian based teams.

A better example would be the 1994 Nucks.

FLAMESFAN 12-30-2004 07:00 PM

Ummm, no. Take a look at an atlas

Nimrods Son 12-30-2004 07:55 PM

no kidding, I was just going to say that Anaheim and Raleigh are about as Canadian as Quebec City.

Go Flames Go* 12-30-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg
A question, did the Ducks and Canes win this award in their respective years?

Did the Ducks or the Canes beat 3 division champions and a presidents trophy winner, did they each come within 1 goal of winning it all although they where screwed NO. They never captured a nation let alone a city. We are the best and we will prove once NHL is back. Darryl Sutter for president.

hfboardsuser 12-30-2004 08:53 PM

Well, the Ducks were the first team to sweep a defending Stanley Cup finalist in the first round and beat two division champs. And you could say the Ducks were screwed out of a Cup win by Stevens' hit on Kariya. It's about as logical a thing to cling on to so long after the fact. Oh, and were you ever in Anaheim during the playoffs in '03? I happened to be during the week of the Western Conference Semis. It was electric.

And, uh, Canada's leader is the Prime Minister, not the President. :dunno:

Hackett 12-31-2004 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_man
:eek: Holy ****! A Canadian on HF besides me who WASN'T cheering for the Flames! These boards are improving after all.

I would prolly hate this edition of the flames as well if they knocked my favorite team out.....

Having said that, there is no team I admire more right now than the Calgary Flames.

Get ready to hate them more when Phanuef and Regher are on the same defensive paring destroying everything in sight ;)

I wish the habs had a d-paring like that :innocent:

Go Flames Go* 12-31-2004 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett
I would prolly hate this edition of the flames as well if they knocked my favorite team out.....

Having said that, there is no team I admire more right now than the Calgary Flames.

Get ready to hate them more when Phanuef and Regher are on the same defensive paring destroying everything in sight ;)

I wish the habs had a d-paring like that :innocent:

Get ready Western Conference and the Edmonton Oilers the D Train is coming soon, and hes gonna kill everything in sight, and possiby even leave scraps for Regher.

Evman* 12-31-2004 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytor4
Flames May Be Canada's Team Of The Yr But Second Place Means Nothing.
Tampa Team Of The Yr In The Nhl Only One That Counts.

Thank god for the HF caps control feature.

---

Darryl Sutter for President? What?

hockeyfan125 12-31-2004 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Flames Go
Get ready Western Conference and the Edmonton Oilers the D Train is coming soon, and hes gonna kill everything in sight, and possiby even leave scraps for Regher.

Maybe he will be able to help share the offensive load with Iginla and...hmm....

Evman* 12-31-2004 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
Maybe he will be able to help share the offensive load with Iginla and...hmm....

Teams don't need to score a lot of goals when they have a goalie who can actually stop shots from centre ice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.