HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   HF Team Board Mock Draft - 27th Overall (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210441)

Smallz 06-18-2012 01:33 PM

HF Team Board Mock Draft - 27th Overall

Please select the player you want the Yotes to select 27th overall at the draft

Draft Results:
1) EDM - Nail Yakupov RW (Sarnia, OHL)
2) CBJ - Ryan Murray D (Everett, WHL) - 48.28%
3) MTL - Alex Galchenyuk C (Sarnia, OHL) - 51.57%
4) NYI - Mikhail Grigorenko RW (Quebec, QMJHL) - 32.10%
5) TOR - Filip Forsberg RW (Leksands, SWE) - 89.06%
6) ANA - Matt Dumba D (Red Deer, WHL) - 67.35%
7) MIN - Morgan Reilly D (Moose Jaw, WHL) - 40.91%
8) CAR - Teuvo Teräväinen RW (Jokerit, FIN) - 62.26%
9) WPG - Griffin Reinhart D (Edmonton, WHL) - 42.05%
10) TBL - Jacob Trouba D (USNDTP, USHL) - 81.25%
11) WSH - Radek Faksa C (Kitchener, OHL) - 58.11%
12) BUF - Zemgus Girgensons RW (Dubuque, USHL) - 37.76%
13) DAL - Sebastian Collberg LW (Frolunda, SWE) - 38.78%
14) CGY - Cody Ceci D (Ottawa, OHL) - 51.72%
15) OTT - Olli Määttä D (London, OHL) - 60.47%
16) WSH - Brendan Gaunce C (Belleville, OHL) - 44.26%
17) SJS - Hampus Lindholm D (Rögle, SWE) - 30.77%
18) CHI - Slater Koekkoek D (Peterborough, OHL) - 45.83%
19) TBL - Tomas Hertl C (Slavia Praha, CZE) - 21.43%
20) PHI - Matt Finn D (Guelph, OHL) - 47.14%
21) BUF - Scott Laughton C (Oshawa, OHL) - 25.00%
22) PIT - Pontus Åberg LW (Djurgården, SWE) - 61.54%
23) FLA - Derrick Pouliot D (Portland, WHL) - 33.33%
24) BOS - Brady Skjei D (USNDTP, USHL) - 39.68%
25) STL - Nicolas Kerdiles LW (USNDTP, USHL) - 43.33%
26) VAN - Dalton Thrower D (Saskatoon, WHL) - 32.63%
27) PHX -
28) NYR -
29) NJD -
30) LAK -

lanky 06-18-2012 01:46 PM

I've requested Bozon to be added. Otherwise Phil Di Giuseppe will be getting my vote.

rt 06-18-2012 01:49 PM

Henrik Samuelsson. Already 216lbs. Plays nasty and pissed off. Great board work, great in front of the net screening the goalies. Good tip in ability. Good shot, good hockey sense. Comes through in the clutch. Great bloodlines. Local kid. Raised around the Coyotes franchise. Just a big, mean, gritty, skilled player with a lot of upside.

Plays like a pissed off Johan Franzen.

Actual, true blue power forward prospect. They are so rare.

Also, good on face offs and has at least a decent shot of remaining a center.

rt 06-18-2012 01:54 PM

Also, why aren't these public? It would help spot non Coyotes fans sabotaging the results.

PhoPhan 06-18-2012 01:55 PM

From the crop listed up there, I voted Samuelsson for the reasons rt outlined already, but I'd prefer Bozon.

Sindiggy 06-18-2012 02:05 PM

Agree w/RT, I'd still choose him over Bozon even if Bozon was on the list.

PhoPhan 06-18-2012 02:09 PM

I've still got a few reservations about Samuelsson's long term upside (which I don't think is as high as Franzen's), and he can be a bit of a dirty player sometimes.

rt 06-18-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 51045619)
I've still got a few reservations about Samuelsson's long term upside (which I don't think is as high as Franzen's), and he can be a bit of a dirty player sometimes.

I'd rather try to take a little fight out of a kid than have to try to put a little fight in him.

PhoPhan 06-18-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 51045811)
I'd rather try to take a little fight out of a kid than have to try to put a little fight in him.

That's a good point. I always see more passive players described in terms of "If he could just develop a mean streak..." but I can't think of a single example of that happening. There have been some guys who have mellowed out, though.

That said, it doesn't seem to be an issue with Bozon, either.

Sciamachy 06-18-2012 03:25 PM

Haven't followed this years draft class as much as in the past but of those listed I like Frk. With a little discipline, which our coaching staff can provide, and hopefully good health moving forward i think he'd be a great fit here.

mouser 06-18-2012 03:29 PM

Would also prefer Bozon

RemoAZ 06-18-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 51045047)
From the crop listed up there, I voted Samuelsson for the reasons rt outlined already, but I'd prefer Bozon.

Seems like most experts are predicting both of them being gone. Maybe we'll get a Gormley-eske slide.

rt 06-18-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemoAZ (Post 51050623)
Seems like most experts are predicting both of them being gone. Maybe we'll get a Gormley-eske slide.

They are? Who?

mouser 06-18-2012 04:32 PM

I don't profess to be a draft expert, but they've both been available at the Phoenix spot in most of the various online mocks by authors I respect. Have seen Samuelsson gone in a couple, but haven't seen one yet with Bozon going earlier than the first few picks of the 2nd round.

PhoPhan 06-18-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 51050825)
They are? Who?

Yeah, I haven't seen either ranked much higher than 27, and most of the rankings have them much lower.

Kimahri 06-18-2012 06:41 PM

I voted Samuelsson. He's on my short list of 4 players im liking at that spot that we have a realistic chance at. 2 are already taken and the other is not an option. So this was really an easy choice for me. The other guy I like on this list is Frk.

And I agree rt. I was just thinking the same thing about the non public voting. Who's to stop fans of teams with larger fan bases than ours from coming in and voting?

Kimahri 06-18-2012 06:45 PM

Oh and are we supposed to nominate who to add to this list? If we are, add Stefan Matteau.

OOEEL 06-18-2012 07:02 PM

I'm still swooning over Jankowski, but common sense took over and I voted for Henrik.

Bozon should have been on the list, I think it'd be a lot closer of a vote of that were the case.

rt 06-18-2012 08:14 PM

Bozon ends up at 50th on the most reliable list out there, the one compiled frominput by actual NHL scouts, Bob Mckenzies

Hank was 36th

mitch27 06-18-2012 08:23 PM

Bozon is my number one choice. I voted Frk since he's not there. I want to swing for the fences.

DesertDawg 06-18-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch27 (Post 51061691)
Bozon is my number one choice. I voted Frk since he's not there. I want to swing for the fences.

those that swing for the fences, strike out a lot!
after watching "Moneyball", it's all about runs scored and getting on base or in hockey analogy, it's not about scoring goals, but about outscoring your opponent.

anyways, I'm still pulling for Ulfie's kid! I have a feeling he is going to turn out to be better than anyone of us anticipates. Physically he is ready to play in the NHL, mentally he is ready to play in the NHL. I would say his upside is Jarret Stoll.

PhoPhan 06-18-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 51061323)
Bozon ends up at 50th on the most reliable list out there, the one compiled frominput by actual NHL scouts, Bob Mckenzies

Hank was 36th

From everything I've read, this is about as difficult to project as any draft I can remember. I think McKenzie talks to only about a dozen scouts, so while that's a decent sample, there's a lot of room for dissent, and given the last two late firsts the Coyotes have used (Visentin and Murphy), I don't think Maloney is afraid to go a little off the board for the guy he wants. If it's Bozon or Samuelsson, he'll take him. You also have to consider this is a very defense-heavy draft, and Maloney has gone on record as saying they're targeting a few forwards.

Redcoyote 06-18-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 51062699)
after watching "Moneyball", it's all about runs scored and getting on base or in hockey analogy, it's not about scoring goals, but about outscoring your opponent.

anyways, I'm still pulling for Ulfie's kid! I have a feeling he is going to turn out to be better than anyone of us anticipates. Physically he is ready to play in the NHL, mentally he is ready to play in the NHL. I would say his upside is Jarret Stoll.

At first I read that as Jared Staal indtead of Jarret Stoll. Haha Jarrett Stoll makes a lot more sense.

PhoPhan 06-18-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 51062699)

The issue with this is that Jarret Stoll-type players are pretty easy to acquire. There's always a few of them available via free agency. So let's say Samuelsson is a pretty safe bet to reach the level of Stoll and Bozon is much riskier, but his upside is somewhere between Mike Ribeiro and Claude Giroux.

On a very good team, a player like Stoll and a player like Ribeiro can both fill a role. The thing is, if you drafted Stoll, you'd have to pay out the nose to get Ribeiro (in money and probably assets, too), but if you drafted Ribeiro, you could pick up a Stoll pretty easily. And if Bozon doesn't pan out, you can go pick up a couple Stolls just as easily as you could draft one and sign the other.

RemoAZ 06-18-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 51050825)
They are? Who?

Ha! NM. I was looking at the 2nd round when trying to decide who to vote for. I was going through a bunch of mocks and trying to read all the scouting reports. I like following the NFL draft better. The guys are way more familiar to me and will help the teams immediately in most cases. I need to watch more lower level hockey to get into the draft more.