HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: NHL Preparing Coyotes-Style Takeover of the Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210445)

TonySCV 06-18-2012 01:37 PM

NHL Preparing Coyotes-Style Takeover of the Devils

What a **** show New Jersey's ownership situation is turning out to be.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...over-of-devils

Perro 06-18-2012 01:42 PM

I've thought for a while that the devils are more likely to move than the yotes. For some reason Glendale is ok with loosing 20M a year to keep the coyotes. I don't see New jersey doing the same.

Puck U 06-18-2012 01:47 PM

Comedic irony would be served if the Devils get new ownership that moves them AND of course Kovalchuk BACK TO ATLANTA :D LOL ! HA !

Butch 19 06-18-2012 01:50 PM

This makes the 2-offseason's ago "the summer of Kovalchuk" seem so long ago.

But there were PLENTY of posters that questioned Lou's huge contract offer to Kovy, and Devils fans would always reply: "Lou knows what he's doing, he's the best GM ever! just let him do his thing..."

Think this is raising some doubt in Parise's mind as he claimes that he wants to remain a Devil...?

I'm sure the NJ board is (once again) saying "nothing to see here, move along..." :laugh:

Muzzinga 06-18-2012 01:56 PM

So Parise is now a lock to not sign in NJ since they can't afford him.

The league also won't want 2 teams owned by them i imagine, so i see PHX being moved very soon if they cant get an owner to buy them like now

CTKingsFan 06-18-2012 01:57 PM

I've always said one of the Islanders or the Devils needs to move. (Quebec City being the likely landing spot) Just simply because having 3 teams in NYC is too much. No other sport has 3 teams in one city, and the NHL certainly shouldn't be the league that does it. But it does.

T308 06-18-2012 01:59 PM

Time for contraction. Let's take Steve Bernier in the dispersal draft.

Flour Child 06-18-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTKingsFan (Post 51045115)
I've always said one of the Islanders or the Devils needs to move. (Quebec City being the likely landing spot) Just simply because having 3 teams in NYC is too much. No other sport has 3 teams in one city, and the NHL certainly shouldn't be the league that does it. But it does.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Philly right there too?

Puck U 06-18-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTKingsFan (Post 51045115)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 51045627)

And BUFFALO ;)

NY - Rangers
NY - Islanders
Buffalo, NY - Sabres
NJ/NY - Devils

w/ Philly and Boston a hop, skip and jump away :shakehead

Capn Brown 06-18-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 51044421)
I've thought for a while that the devils are more likely to move than the yotes.

How often do former champions get forced into a move? Has it ever happened in the NHL? I don't think so....

tigermask48 06-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 51046455)
How often do former champions get forced into a move? Has it ever happened in the NHL? I don't think so....

Minnesota North Stars? Never won a cup but they had a number of Conference champs trophies around the time they moved. :dunno:

CTKingsFan 06-18-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck U (Post 51046383)
And BUFFALO ;)

NY - Rangers
NY - Islanders
Buffalo, NY - Sabres
NJ/NY - Devils

w/ Philly and Boston a hop, skip and jump away :shakehead

Quote:

Philly is 2 hours away (driving) So you have some distance and it's a highly populated area. Boston is 4 hours away. Buffalo is however 7 hours away from NYC.

beenhereandthere 06-18-2012 03:16 PM

If this is true, it probably all but wraps up the Coyotes (or even the Devils) moving to Quebec City next year or in 2013-14.
The NHL, no way in hell, wants to own 2 teams.

icesurfer 06-22-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 51044229)
What a **** show New Jersey's ownership situation is turning out to be.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...over-of-devils

Wayne Gretzky was right all these years, NJ is a Mickey Mouse organization! :laugh:

jml87 06-22-2012 12:30 PM

Not to insult NJ Devils, but that stadium is in a seriously ****** area. I thought the rink itself was very nice, but I didn't feel very comfortable on the drive there. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the Philly stadiums being in a nice location, all together, and genuinely easy to get to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 51045627)

The thing with Philly and Boston is that they are completely disassociated with New York. I mean you could actually probably add DC in too if you wanted. There's a lot of big cities in that clumped up area. The difference is that the NJ Devils are literally right across the street from NYC so they really don't have much of their own identity outside of that state.

You put a sports team in Philly or Boston, it will sustain itself no problem. NJ, not so much.

KINGS17 06-22-2012 12:59 PM

It's a shame for most of the Devil fans.

Some on hfboards though will be eating some crow, because the warning signs were clear.

Ron 06-22-2012 01:53 PM

Move 'em back to Kansas City, and give them their old name back, the Scouts, since Colorado now is firmly entrenched with the Avalanche.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2690/scoutsw.jpg

Czech Trio 06-22-2012 02:00 PM

This article is citing the NY Post. Enough said. The only Devil related stuff they publish are all negative claims.

Not to start trouble but some you guys are making unnecessarily comments about how Lou L. and Vanderbeek run the organization. I could come up with a number of childish and immature shots at the Kings too.

Bottom line, NY Post is not a reliable source.

Flour Child 06-22-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czech Trio (Post 51251235)
Not to start trouble but some you guys are making unnecessarily comments about how Lou L. and Vanderbeek run the organization. I could come up with a number of childish and immature shots at the Kings too.

I challenge you to come up with 3,142

Ron 06-22-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czech Trio (Post 51251235)
This article is citing the NY Post. Enough said. The only Devil related stuff they publish are all negative claims.

Bottom line, NY Post is not a reliable source.

I was just joking, don't get your panties all up into a bunch.

Concur on reliability of NY Post, a total rag piece of crap newspaper, but that sells...and everyone buys it there.

Rorschach 06-22-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icesurfer (Post 51226483)
Wayne Gretzky was right all these years, NJ is a Mickey Mouse organization! :laugh:

If Disney took over, it would be an improvement!

The Mighty Devils of Atlanta!

Vamos Rafa 06-22-2012 04:35 PM

Why don't the Islanders follow the Nets to that new arena in Brooklyn? Get out of that ****hole arena.

Off-topic, but the _cks' ownership is suspect. Having a married couple as the owners is usually not a good idea when both sides are even in power. If they get a divorce, the _ucks are ****ed. See Dodgers.