HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Lockout Thread: Good Things Come To Those Who Wait (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210471)

Blueline Bomber 06-18-2012 01:12 PM

The Lockout Thread: Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

Quote:

The Stanley Cup playoffs and the coronation of the Los Angeles Kings may well be the last N.H.L. action hockey fans will see for some time — perhaps until Christmas.

The owners have informed the players’ association that they will not renew the collective bargaining agreement when it expires Sept. 15, and the likelihood of a lockout is high. If they go the lockout route, the owners goal would be to reduce the players’ share of revenue to about 50 percent from 57 percent, as N.B.A. and N.F.L. owners succeeded in doing with lockouts last year.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-in-the-n-h-l/

Boo...

Lazyking 06-18-2012 01:22 PM

Worst thing to happen to the NHL would be another lockout. I know the NHL as a game has gone more to slower pace, things need to be fixed... BUT I love the sport more then any other time in my life... I hate lockouts.

Anton Dubinchuk 06-18-2012 01:24 PM

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Novacane 06-18-2012 01:33 PM

I think Bettman knows that this can't happen again. I think he will try as hard as he can to get the people in place to get the season started on time.

I guess it will only help with my first semester of college. However, I would also be furious that the NBA(came back after missing~20 games) and NFL managed to avoid their's while we'd be in our second in less than a 10 year span.

Gotta Catch Em Staal 06-18-2012 01:52 PM

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/he...4ea7da288d.jpg

Joe McGrath 06-18-2012 01:58 PM

If a cap team signs Parise or Suter to an absurd contract it's going to look pretty stupid crying that the players make to much.

totalkev 06-18-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe McGrath (Post 51047593)
If a cap team signs Parise or Suter to an absurd contract it's going to look pretty stupid crying that the players make to much.

And yet, it happens all the time.

I can say with virtual certainty there will be a lockout -- at least as a formality. We may not miss any games, but there will be a lockout. It's the only way anything ever gets done.

Joe McGrath 06-18-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalkev (Post 51061825)
And yet, it happens all the time.

I can say with virtual certainty there will be a lockout -- at least as a formality. We may not miss any games, but there will be a lockout. It's the only way anything ever gets done.

It does happen all the time. Difference is Donald Fehr is running things now. He may be the best at calling the owners on their ******** that there has ever been. If the owners go overboard with their demands he will destroy them. (if he still gives a crap that is).

HisIceness 06-18-2012 10:47 PM

Dear NHL, get a deal done ASAP.

Brock Anton 06-19-2012 12:26 AM

Billionaires vs. Millionaires...

**** you both.

Blueline Bomber 06-27-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

@DarrenDreger:

Fehr: Players want quick resolution in CBA negotiations, but won't make any predictions. Says priority to get deal done.
Quote:

@cotsonika:

Fehr: Expect negotiations to begin later this week. Expect joint news release later in day, meet following week, too.
Quote:

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

According to NHLPA list, Canes not represented on 31-player negotiating committee.
For those who need an update.

Mr America 06-27-2012 01:46 PM

I'm not even excited for hockey. I won't let myself get that way until this BS is handled.

Lazyking 06-27-2012 04:55 PM

Are the canes the only team player not represented? wtf?

Gotta Catch Em Staal 06-27-2012 04:57 PM

Clearly Canes want return a Quebec City.

EDIT: Here's the committee:

Craig Adams (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Adrian Aucoin (Phoenix Coyotes)
Alex Auld (Ottawa Senators)
David Backes (St. Louis Blues)
Marty Biron (New York Rangers)
Brad Boyes (Buffalo Sabres)
Chris Campoli (Montreal Canadiens)
B.J. Crombeen (St. Louis Blues)
Mathieu Darche (Montreal Canadiens)
Rick DiPietro (New York Islanders)
Shane Doan (Phoenix Coyotes)
Brandon Dubinsky (New York Rangers)
Ruslan Fedotenko (New York Rangers)
Alex Goligoski (Dallas Stars)
Ron Hainsey (Winnipeg Jets)
Scott Hartnell (Philadelphia Flyers)
Jamie Langenbrunner (St. Louis Blues)
Manny Malhotra (Vancouver Canucks)
Steve Montador (Chicago Blackhawks)
Dominic Moore (San Jose Sharks)
Brendan Morrison (Chicago Blackhawks)
Douglas Murray (San Jose Sharks)
George Parros (Anaheim Ducks)
Chris Phillips (Ottawa Senators)
Cory Schneider (Vancouver Canucks)
John Tavares (New York Islanders)
Shea Weber (Nashville Predators)
Kevin Westgarth (Los Angeles Kings)
Dan Winnik (San Jose Sharks)
James Wisniewski (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Henrik Zetterberg (Detroit Red Wings)

Blueline Bomber 07-13-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

NHL proposal to players:

1 - reduce players hockey related revenues to 46% from 57 %.
2 - 10 seasons in NHL before being UFA.
3 - contracts limites to 5 years
4 - no more salary arbitration.
5 - entry-level contract 5 years instead of 3.
Quote:

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Per @RenLavoieRDS's report, I'm guessing today's NHL/NHLPA meeting wasn't as cordial. Owners want it all. The fight begins
:cry:

Head Goose 07-13-2012 09:21 PM

Those terms make no sense to me. UFA after 10 years, really? 5 year contract limit? No arbitration?

What are they all on, quality Raleigh meth?

Oogie Boogie 07-13-2012 09:23 PM

Those terms are ****ing retarded as hell

Finlandia WOAT 07-13-2012 09:35 PM

Wow, I wonder what the players are going to ask for?

Compensation for the Olympics from the owners?

Metro Misfits 07-13-2012 09:36 PM

That's a ****ed up list.

I think they will have things done prior to start of the season.

Blueline Bomber 07-13-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

@Proteautype

"The moment the proposal was presented, every player in the room knew Gary had just written off 1st 3 months of the season." - an NHL agent
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72vprkcJ51qle4y3.gif

totalkev 07-13-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novacane (Post 51046633)
I think Bettman knows that this can't happen again. I think he will try as hard as he can to get the people in place to get the season started on time.

But it *can* happen again, and it probably will. Lockouts, strikes, exploding ticket prices ... and pro sports are as healthy as ever. Until the fans stop paying the bills, we'll continue to be at the mercy of the two groups at the negotiating table. And if we've shown anything, it's that we have very short memories.

2 12 oz Drinks 07-13-2012 09:52 PM

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp...r2jco1_500.gif

Roboturner913 07-13-2012 09:52 PM

What a bunch of idiots. The owners are already pushing the fans into the players' corner with these demands.

tarheelhockey 07-13-2012 10:38 PM

In technical buisiness lingo, this is called a "first offer". They tend to look kind of one-sided.

Anton Dubinchuk 07-13-2012 10:38 PM

So if the rule does change and there are 5-year contract limits, which player becomes the last to break the rule? Officially. Parise or Suter?

(unless I missed a longer FA signing that happened later, but I don't THINK I did...)