HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Clutterbuck/Setoguchi available? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210621)

detredWINgs 06-18-2012 05:50 PM

Clutterbuck/Setoguchi available?

Quote:

STARTRIBUNE.COM: Michael Russo reports not to expect Minnesota Wild GM Chuck Fletcher to swing any blockbuster moves at this year’s entry draft akin to the one he made a year ago, when he shipped defenseman Brent Burns to the San Jose Sharks for a package including winger Devin Setoguchi. Among the reasons is the Wild plan to aggressively pursue Devils winger Zach Parise if he becomes a UFA, they don’t have the same kind of “trade bait” as they did a year ago, and they don’t wish to part with their promising young players. Of their established players, Setoguchi could be a trade option but his value is low. Cal Clutterbuck has some upside and 35-year-old Matt Cullen could be available.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: I could see Setoguchi or Clutterbuck moved, but that’s about it. Fletcher definitely isn’t interested in moving any of his promising young prospects.
Just out of curiosity, what would the Wild be looking to get back if they moved Seto or Clutterbuck? Usually Spector (Lyle) is pretty conservative in his trade rumor judgment, so I'm kind of surprised he'd think Clutterbuck is attainable. Thoughts?

Analyzer 06-18-2012 05:54 PM

Two good players a lot of teams would be interested in both.

Fel 96 06-18-2012 05:56 PM

Link?

Jarick 06-18-2012 05:57 PM

Top four defensemen or prospects. Not saying they WILL get that, just that's really the one hole in the organization that makes sense (i.e. you don't trade Setoguchi for a top six offensive player, doesn't make sense).

squidz* 06-18-2012 05:58 PM

Clutterbuck could be available for the right price. Seto is far less likely to move. Also, it's worth pointing out this Russo quote from his most recent article:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russo
I can see some minor trades in the days leading up to the draft and at the draft, but I think the Wild mostly waits to make its noise (if it can) in free agency.

thestonedkoala 06-18-2012 05:59 PM

1st round draft pick (mid to low) for Clutterbuck
top four defenseman for Setoguchi

Hawkaholic 06-18-2012 05:59 PM

Hawks should be all over Clutterbuck..Hjalmarrsson and a 1st???

Super Joe Vitale 06-18-2012 06:00 PM

I'd love Clutterbuck on the Pens, but I don't know if we'd be willing to give up what the Wild would want in return. He's a solid player that can fetch a good price in a trade

squidz* 06-18-2012 06:00 PM

Also of note (before the deluge of crap for roster player offers) the Wild aren't shopping any players for a trade, but would consider offers brought to them:

Quote:

"If something makes sense, if somebody presents something to you that you haven't thought of, you look at it, but we're not shopping our players all around the league here in a panic," Fletcher said despite four consecutive missed postseasons -- three under his regime. "We're certainly looking for ways to get better, but I just feel this summer patience is going to be more of a virtue than last summer.
Link

Reclamation Project 06-18-2012 06:01 PM

I'd love to have Clutterbuck on the Kings. Imagine him and Brown? :laugh:

thestonedkoala 06-18-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 51055795)

Deal.

detredWINgs 06-18-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 51055643)
Link?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...1&c=y#continue

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/nhl-t...-june-18-2012/

detredWINgs 06-18-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 51055841)
Also of note (before the deluge of crap for roster player offers) the Wild aren't shopping any players for a trade, but would consider offers brought to them:

Link

That's kind of what I was under the impression of. If someone was particularly interested in Clutterbuck, I think it'd make a ton of sense to move him, as he's one of those players who's trade value is much higher than that of your run-of-the-mill 35 point player. I could see Clutterbuck being moved for a player who'd be slightly more integral to getting over the hump and into the playoffs. A solid dman like Hjalmarsson makes sense.

D U M B A 06-18-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 51055795)

I like this for both teams. You pick 18th overall, right?

Hawkaholic 06-18-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting (Post 51056263)
I like this for both teams. You pick 18th overall, right?

Correct.

Fills a major need for Chicago.

Reaper45 06-18-2012 06:42 PM

Martinez and Richardson for Clutterbuck.

Phion Keneuf 06-18-2012 06:43 PM

something around Franson + something for Clutterbuck

Mafoofoo 06-18-2012 06:45 PM

Setoguchi back to SJ. :sarcasm:

Fel 96 06-18-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 51057723)
Setoguchi back to SJ. :sarcasm:

Seto + 3rd for Burns and Sheppard. :sarcasm:

Mafoofoo 06-18-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 51058209)
Seto + 3rd for Burns and Sheppard. :sarcasm:

No way. We aren't giving up the team Call of Duty champion and worlds greatest live in babysitter in Sheppard for that.

Surly Furious 06-18-2012 07:20 PM

Fletcher has shown that nobody on the roster not named Mikko is out of consideration if the right offer comes along, Just ask Burns and Schultz.

Seeing that goalscoring has been the major problem for the team, trading Gooch makes no sense.

Clutter also scores pretty well from the 3rd line, so I imagine the Wild would hate to lose the secondary scoring on top of the hits.

It would have to be part of a larger package for a big-fish for the Wild to move either of these guys IMO. Franson + isn't gonna do it.

SEALBound 06-18-2012 07:22 PM

Penguins want them both...whats it gonna take?

Martin/Michalek/Orpik
Kennedy
Tangradi
2nd

PADevil3034 06-18-2012 07:25 PM

Clutterbuck would be great for the Devils. Does Greene+Zharkov+2nd work?

Dr Jan Itor 06-18-2012 07:34 PM

So far Chicago is winning.

mpp9 06-18-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman (Post 51059069)
Fletcher has shown that nobody on the roster not named Mikko is out of consideration if the right offer comes along, Just ask Burns and Schultz.

Seeing that goalscoring has been the major problem for the team, trading Gooch makes no sense.

Clutter also scores pretty well from the 3rd line, so I imagine the Wild would hate to lose the secondary scoring on top of the hits.

It would have to be part of a larger package for a big-fish for the Wild to move either of these guys IMO. Franson + isn't gonna do it.

J. Staal with a contract. :naughty: