HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Sabres are open for business (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210691)

gallagt01 06-18-2012 06:07 PM

Sabres are open for business

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398666

Quote:

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres general manager Darcy Regier has made it no secret that he's ready to play "Let's Make a Deal" at the NHL draft this weekend.

Regier revealed on Monday that he's already been "very active" in trade talks with several teams to gauge what deals might be available. Atop his wish list is adding a top-line forward to improve what had been a high-priced, underperforming team that failed to make the playoffs last season.

In exchange, Regier has said all but a few of his players are available.

Any offers/speculation?

IslesBeBack* 06-18-2012 06:09 PM

Leopold to the New York Islanders. A ton of Isles fans are throwing his name around, being that he is exactly what is needed on the backend to help the Islanders' D.

Price?

viper0220 06-18-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loods (Post 51058489)

Offer from Winnipeg:

To Jets:

Tlyer Myers

To Sabres:

9th pick Overall

Zbynek 06-18-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success (Post 51058563)
Tallinder to the New York Islanders. A ton of Isles fans are throwing his name around, being that he is exactly what is needed on the backend to help the Islanders' D.

Price?

Tallinder is with NJ now.

Kusic 06-18-2012 06:11 PM

Jordan Leopold to Tampa? He would be fit IMO.

Analyzer* 06-18-2012 06:12 PM

5th round pick for Mike Weber

Avs44 06-18-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper0220 (Post 51058581)
Offer from Winnipeg:

To Jets:

Tlyer Myers

To Sabres:

9th pick Overall

That is brutal for the Sabres

IslesBeBack* 06-18-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zbynek (Post 51058627)
Tallinder is with NJ now.

I'm sorry I was talking about Leopold. :help: lol!

playoffhero 06-18-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Tallinder to the New York Islanders. A ton of Isles fans are throwing his name around, being that he is exactly what is needed on the backend to help the Islanders' D.

Price?

Ryan Smyth

KeninsFan 06-18-2012 06:14 PM

:nucks

Leopold

:sabres

_____

What would it take?

Rivet52 06-18-2012 06:15 PM

A top-line forward? I hope that means a 1st line center, which won't happen. Maybe we're in on the Nash sweepstakes? I can't think of many other top-line forwards available. Clowe is a guy I'd like, if he is available and is considered a top-line guy.

gallagt01 06-18-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Offer from Winnipeg:

To Jets:

Tlyer Myers

To Sabres:

9th pick Overall

Buffalo says no thank you. I'd imagine Myers is one of his "few" untouchables alluded to at the end of the article. Regier has dropped hints that he thinks the talent after the top five or so is extremely comparable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusic (Post 51058639)

Something around Leopold for Malone?

Quote:

Price?

Buffalo will give you a picture of Henrik Tallinder and possibly a used practice stick for No. 4 overall. :naughty:

Analyzer* 06-18-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 51058829)
Come on, did ANY of you read that original post? :laugh:

"Regier revealed on Monday that he's already been "very active" in trade talks with several teams to gauge what deals might be available. Atop his wish list is adding a top-line forward to improve what had been a high-priced, underperforming team that failed to make the playoffs last season."

Leopold? 9th pick? 5th round pick? How many of these are top-line forwards!?

To be fair, Mike Weber isn't worth much. It's a minor deal.

IslesBeBack* 06-18-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 51058829)
Come on, did ANY of you read that original post? :laugh:

"Regier revealed on Monday that he's already been "very active" in trade talks with several teams to gauge what deals might be available. Atop his wish list is adding a top-line forward to improve what had been a high-priced, underperforming team that failed to make the playoffs last season."

Leopold? 9th pick? 5th round pick? How many of these are top-line forwards!?

Michael Grabner for Jordan Leopold. I want nothing to do with trading the fastest player in the league, but Grabner had a so-so year. Sophmore slump. He could be exactly what Regier is looking for. And he comes fairly cheap at 3 million. The only problem is that puts another hole in our top 6. So maybe something could be worked out with Roy + Leopold.....

Islanders:
4th overall
Grabner
Calvin DeeHan

Buffalo:
Derek Roy
Leopold

CowbellConray 06-18-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Offer from Winnipeg:

To Jets:

Tlyer Myers

To Sabres:

9th pick Overall

Big no from the Sabres... Myers would fetch quite a bit more than that. If Darcy said Myers was available he would garner at least a top 5 pick from a team and then some

CowbellConray 06-18-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success (Post 51058881)
Michael Grabner for Jordan Leopold. I want nothing to do with trading the fastest player in the league, but Grabner had a so-so year. Sophmore slump. He could be exactly what Regier is looking for. And he comes fairly cheap at 3 million. The only problem is that puts another hole in our top 6. So maybe something could be worked out with Roy + Leopold.....

Islanders:
4th overall
Grabner
Calvin DeeHan

Buffalo:
Derek Roy
Leopold

Honestly that seems like a lot from an Islander's point of view. As a sabres fan I would take that and run! I would go as far as:
Buffalo:
Derek Roy
Leopold
21 OVR
Mike Weber

For:
4th OVR
Grabner
Dehaan

But IDK what Islander fans would do

gallagt01 06-18-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Islanders:
4th overall
Grabner
Calvin DeeHan

Buffalo:
Derek Roy
Leopold

This is the kind of trade I could see Regier making if any push for a "real" top-line talent falls through. At his presser today, though, he expressed a disinterest in trading up. I think it's a very valuable pick but I'm not so sure he's looking for prospects/picks like the 4th and de Haan.

pigpen65 06-18-2012 06:25 PM

Sabres need a tough top line center. Time to cut the ******** and go all in for Getzlaf. They've got 4 picks in the first 2 rounds. Some combination of those plus one of any player in the organization.

IslesBeBack* 06-18-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loods (Post 51059039)
This is the kind of trade I could see Regier making if any push for a "real" top-line talent falls through. At his presser today, though, he expressed a disinterest in trading up. I think it's a very valuable pick but I'm not so sure he's looking for prospects/picks like the 4th and de Haan.

Yeah, but think about what is available at that juncture. Sabres could add another young, powerhouse D prospect PLUS Deehan, who is ready to be an impact NHL player this season. He just needs the chance (he will with the Islanders). Grabner is nothing to sneeze out, only 2 years in this league. He's essentially still a rookie. Look at what he did in his rookie year, he proved he can be an electrifying goal scorer. He's young and continues to work on his game. I'm not even OK with adding him in this deal, I just feel like he would be the dealbreaker.

If there's interest in the original deal, then I think something could be done with the NYI and Buffalo. Isn't Buffalo interested in Neilsen? I feel like I've read that somewhere. That's dooable to if Roy is heading our way.

But, like I said, Isles need and would want Leopold. He is EXACTLY what we would want.

Jame 06-18-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusic (Post 51058639)

Leopold for Malone would be a good discussion

Jame 06-18-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Islanders:
4th overall
Grabner
Calvin DeeHan

Buffalo:
Derek Roy
Leopold

you can even keep dehaan....THANKS!

Rivet52 06-18-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigpen65 (Post 51059281)
Sabres need a tough top line center. Time to cut the ******** and go all in for Getzlaf. They've got 4 picks in the first 2 rounds. Some combination of those plus one of any player in the organization.

The Ducks would want Myers/Hodgson/Ennis in return. Getzlaf's great but is only signed for one more year. I wouldn't trade any of those players for him unless he re-signs.

gallagt01 06-18-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 51059541)
The Ducks would want Myers/Hodgson/Ennis in return. Getzlaf's great but is only signed for one more year. I wouldn't trade any of those players for him unless he re-signs.

I'd move Ennis/Hodgson, 12, 21 + for Getzlaf. Without hesitation.

The risk of losing him remains. But I'm confident Pegula would get it done.

TheMothman 06-18-2012 06:50 PM

Detroit:
Zetterberg
Smith
2nd

Buffalo:
Myers
Roy

La Cosa Nostra 06-18-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Offer from Winnipeg:

To Jets:

Tlyer Myers

To Sabres:

9th pick Overall

Add Evander Kane... And now the answer is now.....still no. Winnipeg has nothing equal in value to Myers.